CCCP - Consolidated Culinary Community Project - BETA

MickyPain

You know even as the current build is, I haven't really messed with the recipe and cooking as much as I should. The most I ever do was just cook what was already in the fridge, or make a few stews but THIS just makes me want to get cookin, dam. I take it jarring will include all the stuff you can grow, cause that's really needed as it is, I hate seeing all my hard work rot away in a few days. Now I feel like, cranking up my current game to just cook. All I ever wanted in life was be a chef during a zombie apocalypse.

@Hydromancerx:

There's already a juicer mod, didn;t want to encroach on those recipes.

I expanded the drinks with coffee variations and lemonade, but that's about it.

I played around abit in an earlier version with "replaceOnRotten" but that never seemed to work so I scrapped the idea.

Maybe give it another go in the future, who knows.

@ IronCoffins:

A lot of the recipes are based on farm-able food, yes. Jarred veggies, straw-and wild-berries can all be preserved, and with potato flour as an ingredient you can even grow everything you need for bread, pies and (cheese-less) pizza.

@CylonBookworm:

Baking tray is not my name. The item (and icon) is already in the vanilla game, it just never got added to the distribution list, all I did was make it available as loot.
I didn't want to add my own baking sheet/cookie sheet or whatever you wanna call it and then adding to the confusion when the vanilla item finally makes an appearance ("Why can't I use the cookie tray as baking sheet...it's basically the same thing...?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to make any recipe with water as an ingredient.

For example coffee or irish coffee.

In my main inv I have an empty mug, coffee, and whiskey. I also have a full water bottle and full kettle AND I'm standing next to the sink.

Right-click mug, select brew black coffee, progress bar finishes, but no coffee is made. Same with right-clicking coffee or whiskey first.

If I fill the empty mug with water, then the option to brew coffee dissappears from all items.

I need my caffeine fix!

Hey, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to make any recipe with water as an ingredient.

In my main inv I have an empty mug, coffee, and whiskey. I also have a full water bottle and full kettle AND I'm standing next to the sink.

Right-click mug, select brew black coffee, progress bar finishes, but no coffee is made. Same with right-clicking coffee or whiskey first.

If I fill the empty mug with water, then the option to brew coffee dissappears from all items.

I need my caffeine fix!

New version updated that fixes coffee and Irish coffee.

Unfortunately, the way the vanilla whiskey is set up it uses a full bottle of whiskey to make one cup of Irish coffee.

To counter that, I added a new item Rationed Whiskey.

Basically, take a full bottle and right-click to ration it. You can't drink it directly anymore but you can use it for four Irish coffees.

Thanks for pointing out the broken coffee recipes.

Anything else with water that isn't working?

I need my caffeine fix!

New version updated that fixes coffee and Irish coffee.

Unfortunately, the way the vanilla whiskey is set up it uses a full bottle of whiskey to make one cup of Irish coffee.

To counter that, I added a new item Rationed Whiskey.

Basically, take a full bottle and right-click to ration it. You can't drink it directly anymore but you can use it for four Irish coffees.

Thanks for pointing out the broken coffee recipes.

Anything else with water that isn't working?

Thanks for the quick fix! It looks like it was just the coffee recipes that weren't working for me. I can make dough no problem. But speaking of dough, I noticed you could only make bread dough from potato flour. Not sure if that was intentional, I changed it to Flour/PotatoFlour in mine. Another small bug, when you make Hashbrowns you keep the pan, but then eating Hashbrowns returns a pan. Free pans! Changed mine so the Hashbrowns recipe consumes the pan.

And finally, a suggestion. How about drying grapes to make raisins? Perfect survival food!

Love this mod, btw. It's exactly what the game needs. Drying and jarring has been a massive boost to my survival.

@bmwobrien:

Good find on the hash-browns, I'll fix that for the next update.

As for the dough: there is already a bread dough recipe in vanilla that's exactly the same as mine with "regular" flour so it was redundant to include the same one again. Sadly, there isn't a way to overwrite a recipe completely or append it with new ingredients, so there would always be two bread dough recipes no matter what.

I'll think about the raisins for the next version.

• 1 month later...

I like the raisin idea.

Also what about Crasins? And also Cranberries and a Can of Cranberry Sauce.

Also what about other Thanksgiving foods like Raw Turkey, Cooked Turkey, Stuffed Turkey, Box of Stuffing, Cooked Stuffing, Cranberry Stuffing, Canned Yams, Cooked Yams, Yam, etc.

IF I were to make a beer/liquor diversity mod, would you consider including it here?

Sorry to double post... but... I think it'd be a good addition and I'd be willing to make the items for you to add in if you like. (icons code and all)

Also, peanutbutter cookies would be awesome! (both  chocolate chip and normal) I effing love PB :)

If that is not too much to ask that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I've been playing with this for a while and really love it. In the time I spent with it I found a few issues and fixed them and I've now begun adding evolved recipe compatibility for items. If you'd like I can upload the updated files once I'm done.

Edit: I also just finished making a lua file to change the slicing mechanic for some foods. For example, slicing salami will no longer provide you with 4 pieces of sliced salami each at -10 hunger (salami base hunger reduction is -40, but even if you ate 3/4 of the salami leaving you with -10 hunger, you will still get 4 pieces at -10 hunger if you slice it), now it will use the remaining hunger reduction of the source divided by 4 for each piece. So if you eat 1/2 of a salami, it will have a total of -20 hunger left and if you slice it you will get 4 pieces at -5 hunger.

Hey I've been playing with this for a while and really love it. In the time I spent with it I found a few issues and fixed them and I've now begun adding evolved recipe compatibility for items. If you'd like I can upload the updated files once I'm done.

Edit: I also just finished making a lua file to change the slicing mechanic for some foods. For example, slicing salami will no longer provide you with 4 pieces of sliced salami each at -10 hunger (salami base hunger reduction is -40, but even if you ate 3/4 of the salami leaving you with -10 hunger, you will still get 4 pieces at -10 hunger if you slice it), now it will use the remaining hunger reduction of the source divided by 4 for each piece. So if you eat 1/2 of a salami, it will have a total of -20 hunger left and if you slice it you will get 4 pieces at -5 hunger.

Unfortunatly I would say you need permission from the author to do post an update... If you want to change it and make it your own mod (get your own sprites items etc) go ahead, but at least get permission before taking over a mod. It is just common courtesy. As much as I want to see this mod continue...

If you make your own mod I will offer to make you food sprites in exchange for adding beer, other liqour and peanutbutter cookies to the game :). I would make a mod myself, but I seem to be lacking in time to do so... I will have time to make some item sprites though...

Unfortunatly I would say you need permission from the author to do post an update... If you want to change it and make it your own mod (get your own sprites items etc) go ahead, but at least get permission before taking over a mod. It is just common courtesy. As much as I want to see this mod continue...

If you make your own mod I will offer to make you food sprites in exchange for adding beer, other liqour and peanutbutter cookies to the game :). I would make a mod myself, but I seem to be lacking in time to do so... I will have time to make some item sprites though...

Yeah that reply was addressed to the OP, it was a request for permission. Unfortunately for whatever reason on build 29.4 for me the item icons for modded items in the inventory have stopped working. The code may work for others though, I haven't seen any recent complaints about this and there was even apparently a fix for this in 29.4 for this same problem happening in earlier builds; only in my experience it didn't happen in earlier builds and happened after the fix.

Edit: Looks like I'm not alone anymore, complaints about missing icons from others came up recently.

Yeah that reply was addressed to the OP, it was a request for permission. Unfortunately for whatever reason on build 29.4 for me the item icons for modded items in the inventory have stopped working. The code may work for others though, I haven't seen any recent complaints about this and there was even apparently a fix for this in 29.4 for this same problem happening in earlier builds; only in my experience it didn't happen in earlier builds and happened after the fix.

Edit: Looks like I'm not alone anymore, complaints about missing icons from others came up recently.

So thats a no to making your own mod? darn...

I didn't say that, I'd love to make one or at least contribute to some but right now I'm not sure if it would be worth the investment if there's no guarantee it will work considering the bugs I've run into thus far

Well, I will help you out if you go for it. I wanted to do a addtition/greater mod than this but have a lack of time to  take on a large project. I would have time to help out another (or a team) working on it.

I didn't say that, I'd love to make one or at least contribute to some but right now I'm not sure if it would be worth the investment if there's no guarantee it will work considering the bugs I've run into thus far

Well, I will help you out if you go for it. I wanted to do a addtition/greater mod than this but have a lack of time to take on a large project. I would have time to help out another (or a team) working on it.
Once I get this sorted out and I have some time I'll let you know :)

Also, harakka, someone else filed a similar bug report for a clothing mod. I replied to that bug report. Should I file a separate report since it seems to be a similar issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

sorry guys, didn't really have tome to continue updating this mod (or playing the game at all, for that matter).

No promises, but maybe around the time of New Year I may be able to see what's up with the icons in build 30 or add some of the suggestions/improvements mentioned above.

Thanks for playing this mod, despite all the small bugs and imbalnces.

-M

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...