Push to talk (multiplayer)

Nero

Hey guys, I cant seem to find anything about this in search, not sure if this is covered or not

I think it would be great to have a push to talk button in local areas of the map near the player.  This seems more convenient than typing.  Its quick and you can quickly identify friend from foe, plus if you want to rob somebody you can hold them up, makes it more believable 1on1 confrontation

Ive been inspired from some Role play DayZ haha.  Its a great alternative to other programs like skype etc

Imo, I really don't think in-game voice chat would suit PZ for a few reasons :

-It's a RPG, someone playing a girl with a deep manly voice might be kind of breaking it, like a manly bearded man with a young boy voice would as well.

-Not everyone is a voice actor and "plus if you want to rob somebody you can hold them up, makes it more believable 1on1 confrontation" Is more likely not to be a very immersive discussion. I'd probably do better with caps and a couple of exclamation marks ;o

-Not everyone like to talk in games / Not everyone is always able to talk in-game (late hour etc...)

When you need coordination to lead an attack somewhere, nothing keeps you from using TS with your group tho !

-It's a RPG, someone playing a girl with a deep manly voice might be kind of breaking it, like a manly bearded man with a young boy voice would as well.

-Not everyone is a voice actor and "plus if you want to rob somebody you can hold them up, makes it more believable 1on1 confrontation" Is more likely not to be a very immersive discussion. I'd probably do better with caps and a couple of exclamation marks ;o

-Not everyone like to talk in games / Not everyone is always able to talk in-game (late hour etc...)

When you need coordination to lead an attack somewhere, nothing keeps you from using TS with your group tho !

Solution ----> Don't use the mic.

Solution ------> Use Teamspeak.

I don't want te be threaten ingame by a 14 years old with acting skills worthy of a mexican soap show, there's nothing more immersion breaking.

Solution ------> Use Teamspeak.

I don't want te be threaten ingame by a 14 years old with acting skills worthy of a mexican soap show, there's nothing more immersion breaking.

I don't really. Realistically see PZ's playbase being a cod one.

I prefer voice-chat over getting shot in the head while I'm typing something. You'd either need a buddy who does the talking for you or you have to be lucky enough to meet someone who's into roleplaying.

It's the reason why people tend to shoot on sight; there's no time for chit-chat, pressing 't' to chat means you're vulnerable for combat-ready strangers with an itchy trigger finger.

I would suggest binding keys to customizable one-liners.

Example:

Pressing '4' would make your character say "I'm friendly! Are you?"

Pressing '5' would make your character say "Put your gun down!"

Pressing '6' would make your character say "Stop walking. Turn your back to me and start typing, son."

Pressing '7' would make your character say "I'm gonna drag your corpse up the stairs and throw you off the building!"

etc. etc.

This way, players know what they can expect. Sadly, it also gives SoS'ers a new means to keep their target still after gaining their trust. Either way, a new form of quick-chatting is made.

I prefer voice-chat over getting shot in the head while I'm typing something. You'd either need a buddy who does the talking for you or you have to be lucky enough to meet someone who's into roleplaying.

It's the reason why people tend to shoot on sight; there's no time for chit-chat, pressing 't' to chat means you're vulnerable for combat-ready strangers with an itchy trigger finger.

I would suggest binding keys to customizable one-liners.

Example:

Pressing '4' would make your character say "I'm friendly! Are you?"

Pressing '5' would make your character say "Put your gun down!"

Pressing '6' would make your character say "Stop walking. Turn your back to me and start typing, son."

Pressing '7' would make your character say "I'm gonna drag your corpse up the stairs and throw you off the building!"

etc. etc.

This way, players know what they can expect. Sadly, it also gives SoS'ers a new means to keep their target still after gaining their trust. Either way, a new form of quick-chatting is made.

i very much like this, good idea