Light in Fridge

Koregan

Perhaps I just didn't recognise it in game, but I think actually there is no way to see if the fridge is working or not.

Normally if you open your fridge, the little lamp inside will switch on and you see the light in the fridge.

If there is no power any more, the lamp would not work any more and you would recognise it just by opening the door.

My suggestion would be to just change the icon of the fridge if it is not working any more.

There could be a light and a dark (or inverted) icon.

Not really sure where you're going with that.

The light comes on automatically. There's a pressure switch that keeps the light on except when the door is closed. When you close the door, it falls down on the switch and it shuts the light off. When you open the door, the switch pops open again and it turns the light on.

clearly that is a lie. everyone knows there is a small elf that lives inside the fridge who turns the light on and off.

if you open the fridge and the light does not come on, then either he went to the bathroom, or a neighborhood cat got him.

(cats and elves love to play Pinochle for weeks on end)

Not unless the food in your fridge is still fresh and you need an indicator to tell you when you need to start eating ALL OF THE PERISHABLES. Plus once we get generators and other sorts of power generation it'll help indicate when you need to refill the generator or make repairs to it or whatnot. That way whatever new perishables you get from farming, foraging, ranching, and hunting will last longer and be easier to maintain.

But yeah, I like having the icon indicator showing if the fridge has power or not. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement and would be somewhat useful.

Not really sure where you're going with that.

The light comes on automatically. There's a pressure switch that keeps the light on except when the door is closed. When you close the door, it falls down on the switch and it shuts the light off. When you open the door, the switch pops open again and it turns the light on.

Yea, sure.

You will also tell me like my mom did, that this older guy in a red suit offering me presents and cookies was not a santa but a pedophile eh? Give me a break non believer.