[The Brutal Monster][US Server][MidWest][24/7][Vanilla][PVP/PVE][Role-Play][Build 27]

JonSyn

I'm no longer going to continue playing on this server. I was going about building as usual only to die out of nowhere for reasons unknown. Didn't fall, wasn't injured, didn't drink any cleaning products, didn't have any zeds nearby, nothing that I can think of that could have caused instant death. This has never happened to me on any other server. I'm not going to waste the time reading all those skill books again. I don't blame the host, although lag was probably a factor in one way or another.

On another note JonSyn has very clearly stated that he doesn't care if people hack. I can't agree with that.

If you are going to allow infinite building, then it might as well be Minecraft in creative mode. It's pointless.

In his defense, he can't do anything about it anyway since his kick/ban functions aren't working.

Hopefully things will get easier for you after future updates.

Disappointing really, as the community that plays here is a good bunch.

Thank you, VI and your crew, for your hospitality and letting me join you guys for a bit.

You are always welcome to use my TS server if you like.

Have fun, everyone.

what i said was, i cant go kicking/banning ppl unless i can prove they hacked, which isn't really possible at this point without visually seeing them do it.i wont just take a persons word for it . i also said if someone couldn't play a game without hacking and needed to spawn in something cause they sucked so bad they couldn't earn it then so be it, but if they were caught it would be a ban.so to say i don't care if ppl hack is just uncalled for and taking what i did say out of context .

like i already told you tho, im sorry you died like that, I've read other posts of other users having similar problems on other servers. your more then welcome back whenever you want to play here, no hard feelings.

to say i don't care if ppl hack is just uncalled for and taking what i did say out of context .

Actually it's a direct quote that you said repeatedly. "I don't really care if they hack as long as it's not hurting anyone."

You also said you were pretty hammered though, so maybe you don't recall. I didn't take anything out of context. I had tried to discuss why non-violent hacks are still bad, but you didn't really let me get a word in edge-wise. You are kind of a hard person to voice chat with that way.

Either way, it's your server to do with as you like. And I wish you the best of luck with it.

oh i remember fine what i said. i said on my dayz server , initially i didn't care if ppl hacked, but ppl couldn't get it thru there heads that spawning a gun was one thing and teleport killing was a totally different thing. i then went into how i had spent countless hours finding ways to stop all hacking including a rick roll ban. which led the conversation to how it would be nice if the devs for PZ would give more info thru the server window or something that would allow hosts to actual monitor hacking. with the current info that we get through it now its not possible. so yea, taken out of context, considering one was a server i ran for well over a year for a different game and the other was about a PZ server.

MP - Un-explainable random deaths (3D Models) icon_tag.png

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-192-mp-un-explainable-random-deaths-3d-models/

There was nothing taken out of context. I'm not sure how you could have been talking about DayZ when saying "There aren't even that many garbage bags in the game to make all those rain barrels".

Anyways, no sense in arguing about it. As you've stated, there's no way to prove someone hacks.

so this is cause ha$h built rain barrels?

im sorry you felt that i wouldn't let you get a word in edge-wise, but i have this thing with voice chat, i expect it to include voices, not sounds of bong hits and coughing. i guess i didn't realize your team speak didn't support more then one person talking at a time also.

what i gather from your posts is your mad you died from a glitch (even tho i have stated multiple times glitches happen so backing up your character is a good idea for if you glitch and die, and you didn't.) so your openly stating to people that they should use our server for hacking, seems like a dick move.

On another note JonSyn has very clearly stated that he doesn't care if people hack. I can't agree with that.

In his defense, he can't do anything about it anyway since his kick/ban functions aren't working.

Anyways, no sense in arguing about it. As you've stated, there's no way to prove someone hacks.

There was nothing taken out of context. I'm not sure how you could have been talking about DayZ when saying "There aren't even that many garbage bags in the game to make all those rain barrels".

when i said this i was laughing and exaggerating basically, slightly sarcastic also , but you neglected the part where i said i doubt hes a hacker hes been on the server since day one.and at that point we hadn't even got onto a discussion about hacking,also by that logic Clydes a hacker too even tho he spent like 4 days building his bar.

i know Clyde is not a hacker.

t0ss.png

these are all over bedford falls, and full of garbage bags

If you are going to allow infinite building, then it might as well be Minecraft in creative mode. It's pointless.

infinite building, whats infinite building? i should only allow players to build a single room shack?

Clyde just to let you know, i fixed the bar up a little. I am thinking of building a huge wall  with a walk way on them. Like a real wall. Maybe put a new tower on the upper north corner.

Now with hacking, i have not hacked one bit. I do though have my character saved for glitches. I have died in weird ways multiple times like falling through floors being plowed into the ground. So its always good to backup.

by infinite building i was referring to someone most likely spawning the items to build with, considering they built hundreds of walls and fences without cutting down any trees, and the time it would have taken just to gather all of the wood (even if it was already sawed into planks) would have been a hell of a lot longer than it took them to build it. you can't just carry that much wood around in your pocket ya know. But you wouldn't even let me even talk about it.

i wasn't really mad about the death, that was just a reason to stop now instead of later. Really it was just your general "I don't give a fuck" attitude. That's why i decided to stop playing there. I posted the info here so players are aware. They can decide for themselves how they feel about it.

I was ready to devote a lot of time into helping your community until you really hammered away about not caring about hacks. Honestly, that's how I took it whether that's what you meant or not. I had a legitimate concern and you shrugged it off. I don't know for sure if he was hacking or not, but you confirmed this isn't the place for me is all. I figured you would want to know why someone who was offering to help would suddenly no longer want to be involved at all.

I actually didn't wonder how in less then 20 hours you flipped like that (and i literally didn't, your not the first person to spend 5 minutes on a game server and wanna do all this stuff just to change his mind the next day.). but i do care if ppl hack i have stated that both in team speak and in game chat. I also asked you several times what you think could be done with what we currently have at hand and you had no idea. The whole i didn't care was referring to when i first hosted for dayz and i didn't care if ppl hacked and how it evolved into no hacking no acception and how i have to find a way to do the same thing here, and my "i don't give a fuck" attitude is because i think you, the players, should chose settings and every aspect of the server not me because you'll be playing far more then i will yet another thing iv said both in game and team speak so no "i don't give a fuck" what the settings are i want the players to decide. seems i talk so much but you hear so little.

I am glade i took your offer to host a web page, code some lua, and host a team speak with a grain of salt because like i said your not the first gung ho person i've met that's ready to do all this then instantly changes his mind . 

Even tho i told you my kick/ban was broke and i wasn't about to post it on the forums for all to see till i was sure i couldn't fix it and had to ask for help on the forums because i didn't want a open invitation for hackers you made sure to put it in your first post and then instead of editing it out just strike it though. Glade you took the initiative to put that out there for us. If it seemed i "shrugged" off your legitimate concern it wasn't intended, i was just bull shiting (that means chit chating/gabbing/talking) with you  when we were on team speak because i don't see the point of sitting and listening to a person breath in my ear. the fact you didn't find it important enough to cut in with your "concern" just makes me think it wasn't a big deal to you at all and your just using it now as an excuse to slander.

I agree this is not the place for you, in 3 days you went from wanting to code, and host a forum to slandering it by inviting hackers to it and making false claims, not only against myself but about other players on the server. the fact you waited till you got glitch killed in game to bring all of this up is proof of it.

This is off topic drama to so lets drop it .

It's not off topic to tell people, in a thread about a server, what they experienced in that server and discussions with the server hoster.

But okay, obviously you don't like it when people actually voice their concerns directly or on the forum, so I'll drop it then.

Good luck. You'll need it when you push people away like that.

im not sure who this is, even tho i have a good idea who it might be and as you can see they are working hard to crash the server.

ID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=418835095655804985ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=418835095655804985ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=418835095655804985ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751179821685Connected new client . ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751179821685Connected new client . ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751179821685Connected new client .!@#$%^&*()_. ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751401109783ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751401109783ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751401109783ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751401109783ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751401109783ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751401109783ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751552855973Connected new client ⌂ ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751552855973Connected new client ⌂. ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751552855973Connected new client ⌂. ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751552855973Connected new client ⌂. ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751552855973Connected new client ⌂. ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262Shared zombie descriptor packet size is 63KBID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751552855973java.sql.SQLException: near "servertest": syntax error        at org.sqlite.DB.throwex(DB.java:288)        at org.sqlite.NestedDB.prepare(NestedDB.java:115)        at org.sqlite.DB.prepare(DB.java:114)        at org.sqlite.Stmt.executeQuery(Stmt.java:89)        at zombie.network.ServerWorldDatabase.authClient(ServerWorldDatabase.java:220)        at zombie.network.GameServer.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameServer.java:957)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:197)Error with packet of type: 2 for nulljava.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.core.network.ByteBufferWriter.putUTF(ByteBufferWriter.java:47)        at zombie.network.GameServer.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameServer.java:985)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:197)ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATIONID_NEW_INCOMING_CONNECTIONid=0 guid=1397751552855973java.sql.SQLException: near "servertest": syntax error        at org.sqlite.DB.throwex(DB.java:288)        at org.sqlite.NestedDB.prepare(NestedDB.java:115)        at org.sqlite.DB.prepare(DB.java:114)        at org.sqlite.Stmt.executeQuery(Stmt.java:89)        at zombie.network.ServerWorldDatabase.authClient(ServerWorldDatabase.java:220)        at zombie.network.GameServer.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameServer.java:957)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:197)Error with packet of type: 2 for nulljava.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.core.network.ByteBufferWriter.putUTF(ByteBufferWriter.java:47)        at zombie.network.GameServer.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameServer.java:985)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:197)ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATION

this has been going on for awhile now , about 45 minutes.

Getting an Unknown Item error, Says    "Cannot load unknown itemitem. Make sure all mods used in save are installed."  

Not using mods other than the Bedford Falls map. Not sure if its because im not using the mods you use on the server or what. Any ideas?

Meh, multiplayer is still a new feature to the game, if bugs happen.... Don't be so VaiN. Just deal with it... Or take it as a Syn that you were too invested in your character. In my opinion.... You have to let some shit Clyde.

This post is your PUNishment for whinning

Getting an Unknown Item error, Says    "Cannot load unknown itemitem. Make sure all mods used in save are installed."  

Not using mods other than the Bedford Falls map. Not sure if its because im not using the mods you use on the server or what. Any ideas?

those shouldnt have any effect they dont add new items, and havnt effected anyone else up till this point. whats your ingame name? lol its hard to keep track.

Clyde just to let you know, i fixed the bar up a little. I am thinking of building a huge wall  with a walk way on them. Like a real wall. Maybe put a new tower on the upper north corner.

We can vote about it at the next Clyde's Bar council meeting if you really think it's beneficial but I'm not convinced. I like our quaint living arrangements and front door defence lol.

could you try creating a character under a new name and joining to see if that fixes it?

dont delete your current character tho.

we'll get this figured out.

those shouldnt have any effect they dont add new items, and havnt effected anyone else up till this point. whats your ingame name? lol its hard to keep track.

Char is Harley, yeah i got in. Just never seen that error before and wondered if i was breaking something. Ty

The bar is fucked up guys. Poxnorin also lost all his stuff as well as Clydes. Everything you had in your crates Clyde is gone and ash... :(

But I hate how I just spawn in the game and right on top of a fire. Nothing I can do. :-|

Pox is also really mad cause in his crate was the rare Spiffo. He really loved Spiffo the Raccoon.

Also for Charls: I was on Poxnorin's character for a split second (not controlling him at all just typing what happened to me) My brother is in the same house as me, and were in rooms right beside each other. He has a reading and writing disability and is slow to type as well. So now everyone knows. :P  i am way more older then him though. (7 years older)