Riddle me this.........

syfy

Alcohol?

A husband?

That dorky girl who you meet and you're like we'll never be friends, but you never make friends and you realize that that dorky kid became really cool and you should've become friends because she turned out to be awesome but because of your selfish nature you could never befriend her in that state, but the school has a field trip and you get marooned on an island and you end up having to work together to survive on the island and you have to protect her from bears and then she thinks you're awesome too and some drama or some crap happens and you say something along the lines of "everything will work out as long as we have each other" and then you make a shelter and fire which you passionately make out in front of and then you eat the bear carcasses and take up fishing and agriculture for months on end until one day you realize you have fallen in love which in hindsight should have been obvious considering you were kissing in front of a fire and you never want to leave her but the rescue team finally finds you after reaching the verge of giving up and then you refuse to be taken back to the mainland because you and she are happy as you are and you stay there for the rest of your lives until your fifth child is born and then you go to mainland and they all become engineers who specialize in creating organic building materials and after they grow up and get families you and your now wife go back to the island to live your days in peace with occasional visits from your children and their families.

A balloon?

Because SCIENCE?!

Conall got it

It was carpet/rug

Well was the last thing I could think of that went up and down a staircase without moving.

I guess here's one then:

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

• 4 weeks later...