Whitelisting for Linux

Loki

Hey folks,

I've read Robert Johnsons post about whitelisting, and any other I could find. Perhaps I am missing one, but I cannot seem to figure out how to edit my DB file.

I use Putty and WinSCP to run my server.  When I try and open the world.db file in WinSCP it comes up as a bunch of code. Not sure if I'm doing this correctly but I am almost positive I am missing crucial steps.

If anyone who got this to work could maybe give me a step by step, or if anybody has any insight at all I would greatly appreciate it.

Please help, and thanks in advance.

This was sent to me by Connal. Good bit of info.

1. You need a program that will actually edit the whitelist such as SQLite Database browser.

http://sourceforge.n.../sqlitebrowser/

2. Don't edit with WinSCP just edit on local files.

3. It's because you can't open database files with it since they are encoded with a certain file format.

If you have any other questions it's probably best if you reply in the thread so that other people who may be asking the same questions will get access to the same info.

After getting sqlitebrowser I'm stil a bit unsure if exactly how I should edit the DB file with it. 

After Copying a World.db file onto my pc, editing it with Sqlite, I was able to copy the edited World.db file back into my WinSCP directory and replace the one there, thus instilling my edited whitelist.

Thank you Connal for the info to do so.