Is it possible to make a RPG mode in PZ

benw

Hi guys, this is my first post, i'm a gamer that likes RPG and also like the idea of Zombie Apocalypse, there is something come up in my mind that maybe making PZ more fun, more exciting.

1. giving more different stats to the equipment, attack effects, damage, speed, range, etc. and make the zombies to drop equipment after death, give some abilities to zombies so that they are hard to be killed(but rewarding),

In the other hand, add abilities for players so that they can deal with the tough zombie, just like the NOTD:Aftermath, i don't if anybody have played NOTD:Aftermath before but it is a warcraft3 cutom mission.

So does anyone like this idea?

Well the weapons do have those kinds of stats, but they aren't visible in the tool-tips. For example, the baseball bat has more range than the knife.

There won't be any tough zombies or special player abilities outside of mods though, the devs want the game to be somewhat realistic and to follow Romero lore.

Well the weapons do have those kinds of stats, but they aren't visible in the tool-tips. For example, the baseball bat has more range than the knife.

There won't be any tough zombies or special player abilities outside of mods though, the devs want the game to be somewhat realistic and to follow Romero lore.

yes i agree being realistic is good, i mean if there is zombie, then the other wildlife may also have evolution after infected by the virus.so basically there maybe a big room for us to imagine the changes of the world in the zombie Apocalypse. Maybe in the Zombie Apocalypse, we already using some plasma guns, laser sword, or maybe there is a military level device can be installed in our arms to shoot plasma ammo, etc. i mean we shouldn't let the current world to limit our imagination, right?

Ps. the player ability should be limited by the equipment that the player is equipping, for example, Powered exoskeleton provides incredible strength to the player,  use unmanned small aircraft remote controller to provide small scale close air support, etc

Ps. the player ability should be limited by the equipment that the player is equipping, for example, Powered exoskeleton provides incredible strength to the player,  use unmanned small aircraft remote controller to provide small scale close air support, etc

Wat.

I dont even...

This game is about avarge Bob trying to survive a zombie apocalypse, not about shooting plasma balls towards zombies.

For me, the game looks like it aint even set in present times, more like a bit in the past.

And a honest question - if zombie apocalypse happened right now, whats the chance You yourself will find unmanned aircraft, exoskeleton, ANYTHING that You mentioned in your neighborhood?

Im not this games developer, but im pretty sure answers to Your 2nd and 3rd posts are like NO no no Nonononono No.

Only thing I have to say to this thread, mods. Nothing you've suggested should be included in the vanilla game, period.

Wat.

I dont even...

This game is about avarge Bob trying to survive a zombie apocalypse, not about shooting plasma balls towards zombies.

For me, the game looks like it aint even set in present times, more like a bit in the past.

And a honest question - if zombie apocalypse happened right now, whats the chance You yourself will find unmanned aircraft, exoskeleton, ANYTHING that You mentioned in your neighborhood?

Im not this games developer, but im pretty sure answers to Your 2nd and 3rd posts are like NO no no Nonononono No.

that could appear in the university laboratory, but only those elites can survive in Zombie Apocalypse, right?

Sorry Ben this may not be the game you're looking for. That's way outside the vision of the developers. As my friend Bioradical said above, you might want to look into making/asking for a mod instead because I can tell you without a doubt that none of this will ever be in PZ.

ok thanks for the reply, this is a nice discussion though, could you move this thread to modding  suggestion please?

Strange thing for me when I read this thread was ... doesn't this game already have RPG elements?

Hmm, I'm a little shocked I am asking this but Benw, have you played the older isometric Fallout games? And if that isn't your style, there is the FPS RPGs that are the newer Fallout games (New Vegas was a lot of fun). The reason I mention these games is because they have zombies of a sorts and all the other ideas you brought up too while being a type of sandbox as well, it might be your thing and you don't have to wait for it to be developed, you can probably even get it on sale too on Steam or Good Old Games.

Sorry Ben this may not be the game you're looking for. That's way outside the vision of the developers. As my friend Bioradical said above, you might want to look into making/asking for a mod instead because I can tell you without a doubt that none of this will ever be in PZ.

ok thanks for the reply, this is a nice discussion though, could you move this thread to modding  suggestion please?

I'll let it sit here since it would be a bit confusing in modding suggestions- you're more than welcome to start a new thread there, though, and link to this one as the basis for your idea! I'll go ahead and lock this- if you'd rather have it left open, send me a PM. Cheers!

yes i agree being realistic is good, i mean if there is zombie, then the other wildlife may also have evolution after infected by the virus.so basically there maybe a big room for us to imagine the changes of the world in the zombie Apocalypse. Maybe in the Zombie Apocalypse, we already using some plasma guns, laser sword, or maybe there is a military level device can be installed in our arms to shoot plasma ammo, etc. i mean we shouldn't let the current world to limit our imagination, right?

Some of these suggestions are so terrifyingly not PZ they keep me up at night... (no offense to OP, mod your heart out <3 ) but yeah, man. Plasma arm cannon. Just. Whoa. 

Some of these suggestions are so terrifyingly not PZ they keep me up at night... (no offense to OP, mod your heart out <3 ) but yeah, man. Plasma arm cannon. Just. Whoa. 

Access to nuclear silo wouldnt be a bad idea tho.

More RPG sounds nice but not so extrem :) maybe a few more trait´s and some kind of char up´s like it´s in now.

could be a bit more strengh or endurance. But that could be also done with special perks you may choose when create a char or maybe some small lvl system where you have to be careful whcih skills you up cause you just have maybe 50 max skill point over all

Please read this friendly topic right here!

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

One of them are: [n]    Overpowered weapons/specific firearms

Now, you may say that it doesn't have to be OP. But PZ is going the more 'realistic' path and Romero lore of zombehz. :)

... unfortunately, my effort of making this post was for nothing. :<