Apocalyptic text adventure game!

Join me on an apocalyptic adventure where we follow the story of a nameless individual who managed to survive the initial outbreak but who has to find a way to survive in the barren wasteland he is now confronted with.

THE RULES:

-Anyone can continue this story in a post of 10 lines or longer but keep it short.

-Keep it apocalyptic and don't put any fantasy in it. (Dragons and spells excluded (fedora) )

Anyway, let's start!

As I opened the steel door that had kept me save for the past weeks I felt the sun weakly shining it's last light of the day on my cheeks.

The street was deserted, up ahead I could see vultures eating a child's corpse but I had to find supplies.

The grocery-store could have some food, armed with nothing but a small pocket knife I knew I had to find a real weapon first though.

Luckely I found a steel pipe under a car, the windows were covered in claret, I refused looking inside.

It was late and I had 1 hour of sunlight left, after that I would have to return to my shelter.

Just as I started walking to the grocery-store I remembered that there was a gun-shop the other way, though I had time to visit one of the two...

The choice was hard but I needed the supplies at the grocery store to make it another night since I exhausted my food supply, the guns were going to have to wait.

The trek to the store was almost entirely quiet save for the occasional pop of a gun or screech in the distance.

As I made my way in I noticed how much of the store was still intact, I grabbed a small hand cart off the the body of what I think was a woman, the burns were to severe to tell though.

I grabbed as many canned goods as I could find, the pickings were scarce but I had to make due.

2 cans of carrots, 1 can of peaches (my favorite), 1 can of ravioli, and a half jug of water.

Everything was going smoothly until I heard footsteps coming from the entrance.

I peaked from behind the shelf to see 3 armed men coming my way.

They seemed to have not noticed me yet...

Keeping my head low I made my way to the back of the store, hoping there was some kind of back door.

It seemed that luck was on my side as I managed to sneak to the back of the store and after grabbing a can of baked beans slipped out through a small door.

I exited into a car park, probably used by the staff as there weren't many spaces.

I didn't dwell there as I knew  there may be more of the armed men around and I could see the sun setting in the distance.

Making as little noise as possible I made my way out of the car park and headed down a small ally way which led to the street that I had travelled down earlier.

Thinking I was in the clear I breathed a sigh of relief and began walking back the to my safe house...Then the scream...

Relieve myself in the remains of the bathroom before my bladder exploded. Why people were still stealing art, trading with money, and placing value in other such silly things would never stop to amaze me. I walked back out and padlocked the door so I'd be safe for the night, gathered my small amount of belongings, had a sip of water and a few ravioli (covering it back up with saran wrap for tomorrow), and went to sleep praying that just for once the night would be a quiet one. How wrong I was...

Around 3 hours into my nap I could here explosions, the one which took most notice came from the bathroom.  Mortar shells were being fired at random.  Along with some odd fire works.  I do not understand their reason for firing these but I know this area is too dangerous.  I quickly run into a nearby office building, abandoned a fairly old concrete structure, it is relatively safe.  I manage to finish my nap.  Waking up I finish the ravioli, as I head out I notice theirs something at the entrance...

Something... it's... it's... yes! It's a life-size cutout of Danica Patrick. I know that I can't leave this behind, so I strap it onto my backpack and start planning out my day. Should I try to go back to the store for more food? Should I go to the gun shop for better weapons? Between the mortar fire, fire works, and three armed men nearby it seems like this might not be the safest place. I decide that the best way to continue is to leave it to fate. I pull out a nickel (why do I still have that? money is worthless now) and flip it into the air. Heads, I go back to the stores, tails, I move on. It flips lazily through the air and I snatch it and throw it on my wrist. It lands...

On its side, I am left baffled by the odds.  I stare at the nickel for a few minutes it eventually falls to tails.  Putting the nickel back in case of other hard decision. I grab my backpack and head out.  I remember there is a small summer resort nearby.  It was winter when it all started so expect it to be relatively untouched.  While an only an hours drive, walking there is much slower then I thought.  I decide to camp a few meters from the road.  But as I'm setting up the tent...

... grabbed my knife and pretend to stab myself and later played dead. It was just a spontaneous reaction, but it worked. The bear wasn't hungry and walked away. After waiting some time, I got up and decided I had to find a less noisy form of transportation. I remembered a (now dead) kid in my neighborhood used to have a skateboard, so I decided to go to his house and look for the skateboard.  

It was only a ten minute walk, since most of the building were flattened.  Finding the skate board in the remains of the garage i set my backpack and my life-size cutout of Danica Patrick down.  I rest for an hour and enjoy lunch from the somehow surviving fridge.  Afterwords I begin pack up my supplies and head out for the resort again, it goes by much faster as their are a lot of down hill roads on the way.  In fact I can now see the resort in the distance,  Its still in one peace but in the windows I see...

A red rose, a single, nearly perfect, red rose. It is so crazy how such a small sight is a beauty in this apocalyptic world. This brought back memories, before the attack, my first date with my wife, well ex-wife now, Sandra. We were at a nice sit down restaurant  located just outside of the city limits. I bought a crisp red rose for her, her favorite kind. I got lost in thinking about Sandra when suddenly I heard a...

Fart, Seems like I shouldn't have had that can of beans because now is going to be a very smelly journey to the resort. I packed my things up and was skating my way down the road when I see a horde of zeds in front of me. There are 2 options now, I can travel through the woods (Possibly killing small animals with my smells) or to the right of me I can cut through a small neighborhood that dosen't seem that packed with zombies. Though I don't know whats in the woods and the neighborhood has a bit of danger I choose to...

I head to the neighborhood, a third of it is flat giving making it easer to spot dangers, "This was one hell of an apocalypse" I think to myself, "World war 3, zombies, That Giant... Thing on the west cost, and I survived" I say this to cheer my self up.  After an hours detour through the neighborhood I arrive at the resort.  It is untouched, and has become overgrown with plants.  I enter the door, scout the area, it has been a while since I was here last, I find the garden has some food, I can grow more but It won't be enough to sustain me.  The indoor swimming pool is half full still as well.  I find myself relaxed, for the first time in mouths I seem safe.  I'm looking through the bedrooms to find myself a good spot, when I see her...

My ex-wife Sandra, all zombified. Her blue eyes looked right at me with no emotion and I froze. What were the chances of this happening? Looking around I spot a picture of her with her husband and 2 kids. So much has happened since she left me . . . But I can't think about that right now. Right now I have to deal with this "Sandra" leftover. Do I kill her or spare her? And after that do I dare stay in this house, reminding me of what could have been...?

As I ready my pipe as a flood of emotions surge threw me, I remember the fun we had, but then I remember she took my dog in the divorce.  I swing, taking her out with one hit, using the blanket to avoid contact, I carry her out to the street and drop her out of site.  Returning I continue my sweep, ultimately I choose a room on the 3rd floor, its high enough that I can see out off and they can't see in. Today has been long, especially with sandra, I decide to go to bed early.

The hard choice to kill Alex, my ex-brother in law and my old high school friend (who was found bumbling in the basment with a puss-drenched bite mark on his neck) was taken from me the next day; while I stood in the room, mustering the volition to carry out the dark deed, a shadow rushed out and up from a shady crawlspace. It twirled elegantly like a dancer, a thin shining object cupped frimly in it's hand. There was a dumb moan and tinny crunch as the figure shoved a blood covered blade in Alex's somehow thoothless jaws. The dumb and hungry husk of my old friend gummed the blade, preoccupied with lapping up the blood and a hunk of mysterious flesh shiskabobed on it's middle to realize he was being grappled securely in the figure's arms as it used him as a barrier between it and me.  Entranced by the shillouette's grace it took to long for me to realize that this dark shape could harbor ill-will. I fumbled for my sidearm, but then heard a resounding click as an M9 pointed at my face, it's safety turned off. "Do anything funny and you get shot. Now strip to your scibbies...I want to make sure your not bit."  The voice was calm, soliderly, but feminine. I could see the outline was that of a woman, possibly by her get-up a soilder or a cop. 

Terrified I do as she what she tells me, "Turn Around" ,After expecting me her mood changes, "Okay you can get dressed now, Sorry but you can't be too careful.  I'm Sergeant Jane West of... well It doesn't exist anymore, so call me Jane."  Her sudden friendly attitude catches me off guard.  We spend about an hour discussing the situation and come to the conclusion to turn this place into a fort.  It seems like a good Idea, we already have 5m tall brick walls it wont be too hard to fortify.  Our progress is going well when in the distance...

A distant yell rings out in the distance, a man with a glowing eye, a satchel on his back, and a weird looking outfit and some odd glove-like device on(Me), a Woman with black hair and a scar acrossed her face stands behind him  I cry out " Hey you, survivors, are you infected, If you are, we wish to 'talk' to you!" He raised his right hand, and the fingers all of a suddent begand mechanically extending into some contraption, it begins spinning and electrical arks span all the fingers, he points it to a tree. he points at a tree. a dot appears on it, and the dot starts smoking, then burning, it shortly burns through the tree and he stops pointing. This man must have been what the military had in plan, a zombie walked towards him from behind, without even looking he pointed at it's head and it burnt clean through the brain... 

I'm quite scared, this strange cyborg could kill me in seconds.  I'm about to shout were not infected, but am interrupted by the giant... Thing from the west cost.  They take notice chasing and attacking it.  It seems they are heading east, eventually they are so far away I can't see them(well specifically I can't see the giant... Thing anymore).  Confused by the situation I turn to Jane who is equally confused.  I ask her...

"I have your family hostage, If you can find me 1 big mac from mcdonald's then i will free them." You look at the flakey makeup on his face and think of how he now looks like the Joker from Batman. You then say: "Your one sick **** Ronald." He Replys in a crazy voice: "DO IT! I need my fix man! You don't know what is like in my shoes, Your not a clown! Do you have to wear size 18's everyday?!" (You see a scalpel on the trey next to you...)

"I grab the scalpel, and stab him, running I feel as If I've done this before"  I scream waking up.  We are now inside Jane is beside me.  Looking at me, she says, "You were screaming about Money then past out".  "Sorry, It was a past nightmare."  Yes, I remember it quite well,  Well into WW3 I was kidnapped by Mcdonalds during the fight against Burger King.  The zombies hadn't appeared yet, but everything was already going bad.  On that day I found out about the Big Mac safe, the very safe I ended up surviving in.  Lost in my memories I hear a...

Yes the goats, before the apocalypse they were cute, but now they follow the giant... Thing.  Devouring all in their path.  I scream to the heavens in agony as I remember what they did to my daughter.  I grab Janes gun and run outside.  Their they are, the goats, some are pink and with purple pokadots, I ready my gun.

As I stare at the giant thing I find out that its actually a super mutant! She sees you in the distance and screams: "I Tabitha, You dumb dumb, I smash dumb dumb!" She leads her mighty goat army into battle against you and Jane. You realize that trying to fight a super mutant and a rabid goat army is not worth the risk, so you tell Jane to sneak quietly behind the building while you draw their attention. You fire a few shots and run behind the building, You jump into a dumpster that you find Jane hiding in too! ...

You realize you have been having a daydream and you wake up... I and aelice are already 7 feet away. If you are infected, I can give you a cure... both me and aelice here are immune, we have a blood type that bonds with all bodies, if we give you a blood transfusion, or a bone marrow one, you become immune. The only thing is you have to do something for us, hold your arm out, i'm going to take a blood sample. He takes separate syringes, draws blood from all of you, and sends aelice off, she appears to be something similar to whatever he is. He explains that he is 90% cybernetics, and if he is bit by a zombie, his cybernetic eye glows red and he goes on a rampage attacking everything until his body fights the infection off. A zombie hoard approaches in the distance... I'm the only one capable of killing all those, am i right? He suddenly holds his palm out, it begins sparking electricity, he then thrusts his hand towards the hoard, and some small capsule lands into the hoard and begins smoking... A loud swishing sound is heard, a jet flies over and bombs the hoard... Suddenly the glove thing he is wearing with a screen on it lights up, he looks at it and turns the volume up, there is a zombie superswarm about to break through The gate at the quarantine...
Oh shit, i call aelice back, i need her cybernetics as well if we are to stop this, a helicopter lands and picks me and her up, Do you want to come with us? A zombie hoard start's approaching you from behind...
So... What'll it be?

• 4 months later...

"No", I say. Which was a good choice, because while they we're leaving, a turret defense system from the nearby military post kicks on and obliterates them. As I think to myself about the brave cyber-warrior, Jane whips out a pistol and aims it towards my head."Follow me or you're brains are going all over the concrete". She leads me to the turret defended military post, and while I wasn't looking, a needle was jabbed into my neck. The last thing I remember was hitting the cold floor. It was better than the fate of the slow hoard that was behind me earlier.