Desperate Times

Ragequitr2

3/28/25- Luckily I brought my daughter's diary with me. I hope she's okay. Anyway, I want to address this journal to whomever shall find it. This will be my story, my legacy. But for now, I Am Alive.

Ha, Completely forgot the most important thing... I was out camping, being the nature lover that I am, and was on my way back home. In the car, I immediately felt that weird feeling in my stomach when I saw the city.. It looked as if it was on fire, smoke rising everywhere. The neighborhood I drove through was in complete anarchy, broken windows, people running and screaming towards the other way I was driving in. First thing in my mind was Aileen. I got out of the car, and picked up a newspaper I found in a gutter.

14j0vet.jpg

I am sure that I will be able to find more of these Newspapers as I make my way home. As I read over the Newspaper, My luck brought me to someone stealing my car. Doesn't matter... I can walk. I'm currently in a hotel. By the way of the looks of it, it should be smart to use the functioning society while it still works. Don't worry, Aileen. I'll make it home.

3/29/25- I woke up this morning with a weird feeling. It was cold, and silent. A few doors over, I heard... a dull banging at a door. Reminding myself of the newspaper I saw yesterday, I dared not to look. I stayed in my room, being as quiet as I can. 30 minutes later, I can still hear whatever is banging at the door... then a loud BOOM, as the door breaks. I heard screams. God Bless Their Souls. Then, I couldn't control it.. I just vomited, really loud. "He" Heard it. He banged at my door next, relentlessly, like the other. I looked around for a weapon. All I could find was the curtain support in the bathroom, a pen, and some duct tape. With some handy work, I attach the pen to the pole, making a little point. I've played video games before, I know to aim for the head. As the inevitable comes, I ready myself. He bursts in. I take a glance at him. "Fresh"... no signs of resistance but some blood around his mouth. He looked... sorry, as if his mind is there, just not able to control it. I stab him from afar into the skull. It made him fall, but not enough to puncture the skull. I go up to him, and just by reflex, from hunting, I finish him off. I'm in a room i found unlocked. I should be heading out tomorrow.

3/30/25- I woke up the the sound if gun shots. I check my watch, and realize that I should get going. I check everything there is in this new room, and find a little knife where a room service cart was left. I take my bent pole and peek out the hallway. It was clear, so I quietly took the stairs. I heard footsteps shuffling. Nearly had a heart attack.. It was another survivor. Luckily he was passive, and said we should only fight the undead, and ran away. I continued my sneak to the lobby. The lobby had blood streaks everywhere. I see a zombie eating the last of a corpse. Quietly, I go up to it and stab it in its skull. I look at the corpse. He was heavily prepared. Probably got over run, and the other zombies had left. I looted him and found a gun.. There were only 3 bullets to spend. Then I see a newspaper on the counter.

1z6wrop.jpg

I make my way outside, where two zombies are making their way away from the city. Good, I thought. Two less I have to deal with. On my way to the city, nothing much happened. I decide to rest at a Spiffo's I found empty. Some canned food, a backpack, A half eaten burger and fries is all I could loot. The employee lounge is where I am right now.. And I heard a helicopter fly over. And now, more shuffling. Hopefully no one trys to get in here. But today, I'm a few steps closer to Aileen.

Archived