Community project: Radcliff [beta released] v0.2

Suomiboi

My only problem is sizing the buildings based on how they are in real life. I feel like I am making them too small.

I suggest downloading a few houses from other mappers! Also compare your buildings to vanilla.

And lastly don't necessarily start with a map project, start by doing a few houses and then a small map and move onward from there. I started Radcliff 2 times over before going public. And I'd made 2 maps for myself before that.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this map looks amazing. Kudos to all those who contributed to the development of this map. I really hope this ends up on the map project site. I use the site often and would love to see this map up close, with the different levels. 

I really hope this ends up on the map project site.

Your wish is my command (and blindcoder's who is awesome!!). ;)

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=Radcliff0dot2L0

Congrats on getting your map on PZMP. I noticed today that Radcliff was on the site, but I have to say that the name Vine Grove was much prettier. I'm going to download it and check it out, right now!!.

I really hope this ends up on the map project site.

Your wish is my command (and blindcoder's who is awesome!!). ;)

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=Radcliff0dot2L0

Congrats on getting your map on PZMP. I noticed today that Radcliff was on the site, but I have to say that the name Vine Grove was much prettier. I'm going to download it and check it out, right now!!.

I agree, that it's prettier, but it's just a part of Radcliff (and the borders aren't as clear as let's say Muldraugh and WP) so I'm fine as it is.

I used Radcliff as it's the name of the thread.

Suomiboi: Should I change it to Vine Grove?

It's fine as it is thanks! :)

It doesn't right now, though, as it's positioned at cell 0x2, which would put it waaaaay to the west (top-left) of the current main map.

Isn´t this fixable with a simple rename? I haven´t tested it and I´m no mapper, so no clue if a rename of the lotheader and lotpack files would break anything.

It doesn't right now, though, as it's positioned at cell 0x2, which would put it waaaaay to the west (top-left) of the current main map.

Isn´t this fixable with a simple rename? I haven´t tested it and I´m no mapper, so no clue if a rename of the lotheader and lotpack files would break anything.

Afaik, the renaming works yes. I just don't want to add this to the vanilla area yet and it won't join with very nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm about to start a solo run on this map and I'm curious as to the location of grocery stores.  I see one on the far eastern side of the map, as well as in the mall, but I see nothing near the spawn location next to the gas station west of center.  Is there something I've missed?  Foraging and trapping still out for now?  Been almost a year since we've heard, so I wanted to check. :)

6 hours ago, Jaspymon said:

I'm about to start a solo run on this map and I'm curious as to the location of grocery stores.  I see one on the far eastern side of the map, as well as in the mall, but I see nothing near the spawn location next to the gas station west of center.  Is there something I've missed?  Foraging and trapping still out for now?  Been almost a year since we've heard, so I wanted to check. :)

There's a small grocers in the middle of the block which has the Pizza Whirled, opposite the Knox bank and church. There's also a food market on the east of the map, here. And the third is as you said at the mall. That's all there is (irl too).

Foraging and trapping are out unfortunately yes. I've been waiting to see what the creative mode brings along, but I haven't yet abandoned this wholly. I've had to put it on the sidelines, since I've had a lot of work and school lately. I have been slowly adding to the map though and I do plan on finishing it some day. Foraging is something I haven't even tried to learn to put in yet so it's most likely gonna be a while until that happens.