Preppers

123Imirish

So in my free time I waste my life with t.v like a normal person when I'm not with friends or on here or playing PZ. I've been watching the t.v show Doomsday preppers since it started, and I think it would be cool to come across a house belonged to a prepper filled with things like radiation suits, food (non-perishable) water, water filters, solar powered house, ready made small farm thing in the forest.

So in my free time I waste my life with t.v like a normal person when I'm not with friends or on here or playing PZ. I've been watching the t.v show Doomsday preppers since it started, and I think it would be cool to come across a house belonged to a prepper filled with things like radiation suits, food (non-perishable) water, water filters, solar powered house, ready made small farm thing in the forest.

That would be actually pretty cool, imagine the continous battle to aquire control over one of the last sources of energy that would happen in MP.

We'll have generators and stuff eventually, so it won't be the only source of power, but since solar is silent and runs on the sun and not a finite supply of fuel it would still be a pretty desirable location.

Although it does beg the question of what happened to the person living there.  If they were so prepared for the apocalypse they'd have a much better chance at survival than everyone else and they'd certainly have no reason to leave.

If you ask me it'd be nice to see a house like this in SP or MP, but it should already be mostly picked clean by the bandits that must have come straight to the best-stocked house in the city, killed the owner and taken everything they could carry.  Remember that the start of the game does not coincide with the start of the zombie outbreak - especially in MP - so it's reasonable to expect that some looting of high-value targets has already taken place.

You'd still have a good setup with the solar power, farmland, and maybe a well on the property, so there's a reason to want to live in the house, but there aren't so many resources there that it becomes everyone's first and only destination.

We'll have generators and stuff eventually, so it won't be the only source of power, but since solar is silent and runs on the sun and not a finite supply of fuel it would still be a pretty desirable location.

Although it does beg the question of what happened to the person living there.  If they were so prepared for the apocalypse they'd have a much better chance at survival than everyone else and they'd certainly have no reason to leave.

If you ask me it'd be nice to see a house like this in SP or MP, but it should already be mostly picked clean by the bandits that must have come straight to the best-stocked house in the city, killed the owner and taken everything they could carry.  Remember that the start of the game does not coincide with the start of the zombie outbreak - especially in MP - so it's reasonable to expect that some looting of high-value targets has already taken place.

You'd still have a good setup with the solar power, farmland, and maybe a well on the property, so there's a reason to want to live in the house, but there aren't so many resources there that it becomes everyone's first and only destination.

I was suggesting that when NPCs are added that the original owners would be there, plus they would have buried caches around the property, and from watching that show... one of them had a nuclear proof door supplied with like four years on non-perishables. My fault for not making that clear, I was rushing 

Or simply they got infected during the infection outbreak, like were on the street when it happened (i dont really know if it was answered anywhere HOW did all that stuff started), so they really didnt have much time to use their house.

Also about generators, well yea, they still run using finite resource, but once that become not obtainable solar power would be the way, only being limited by weather, which shouldnt be a problem as for some reason its so hot and sunny in this games vision of Kentucky, even pavement catches fire.

That would be actually pretty cool, imagine the continous battle to aquire control over one of the last sources of energy that would happen in MP.

Honestly, this would make for a great single player novelty. Interact with the guy owning the house, try to get permission to join him and such, or kill and loot... or fire a round and watch his house be demolished by an incoming horde. IDK, there is some potential to that.

Honestly, this would make for a great single player novelty. Interact with the guy owning the house, try to get permission to join him and such, or kill and loot... or fire a round and watch his house be demolished by an incoming horde. IDK, there is some potential to that.

My thoughts exactly.