ExcentriCreation

camping.BaseballBat exists?

SO, for lack of a general discussion area for modding I thought I would post this here....

While writing a "parser" (for lack of a better word) for NecroForge, I found myself with a list of item type data with no module references. So, Ok, fair enough, I'll record all of the module names used in the distribution tables then test them against the type data to see which ones make real items.... It turns out ALL of them could use ANY of the existing module references & successfully spawn that item :huh:

Seriously try making a test.lua file & add this line:

getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem("camping.BaseballBat");

Im in the same boat, but I also found that for stuff in the camping module you cannot use base reference.

Maybe if said item is in the base module then the module reference is irrelevant? 

Really?.... Before I fix up my "parser" I'll write it to check exactly what Items can use what module references. Although I'm only getting one reference for for Flint & Steel knuckle so, yeah, your probably right.... Still weird though

It could just be how the game loads and references items, im a noob when it comes to coding but it seems a logical way, loads up the base items then has to have referenced items to other modules, much like modded items.