Invisible walls / FPS?

lemmy101

Invisible Walls?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get em? And what FPS do you get?

• Yes I get them lots - 50-60FPS
    • I get them sometimes - 50-60FPS
    • I get them rarely - 50-60FPS
    • Never had them - 50-60FPS
    • Yes I get them lots - 30-50FPS
    • I get them sometimes - 30-50FPS
    • I get them rarely - 30-50FPS
    • Never had them - 30-50FPS
    • Yes I get them lots - 10-30FPS
    • I get them sometimes - 10-30FPS
    • I get them rarely - 10-30FPS
    • Never had them - 10-30FPS

Question

It runs really smooth for me, never had any lag or slow-down, mabye because my computer  is badass lol xD

XD could you like post your setup lol

Not really good at telling my set-up but i'll just tell you what I can see...

The computer is an Advent with a AMD Phantom X4 64 (Graphics card I think)

Thats all I know, sorry if it wasn't much help

Voted (!).

Running the 13 version and dealing with really low performance that may vary from1 to 30 fps while playing and encountering zombies.

Got a 4 cores emulated as 8, 6gb of ram, playing in windowed mode (1024x768) and this is definelty new and did not happend when I was playing in 10, where I used to have a very very high FPS ratio (probably twice of what I currently have with 13).

I suspect that this is related to the zombies moves, since it seems to be worst while they randomly walk, or try to.

Edit :  I almost forgot ; I do encounter invisible walls from times to times.

It runs really smooth for me, never had any lag or slow-down, mabye because my computer  is badass lol xD

XD could you like post your setup lol

So ... much ... sarcasm

Is there a vote option for 1-5 fps? I haven't even played long enough to find an invisible wall in the new version.  :roll:

If you're getting 1-5 fps, what the hell are you running the game on? I wasn't aware you could play the game on a toaster.

Actually, I just tried the safemode batch; the framerate on the menu shot up back to normal. I'm going to try gameplay in a minute.

I played the safemode batch file and the gameplay runs perfectly! This version, by the way, is much more polished and complete-feeling than 0008b. Thank you!

Edited by Footmuffin

I'm pretty sure I can create them by mass cutting of wood, turning it into lumber,  and dropping that on the ground.   Hundreds of units.   Invisible walls will start popping up nearby.   It's happened twice now (version 9 and 15).    That suggests performance.  In my latest house I cut only what was needed and put excess planks into bins.   No invisible walls.      I have both areas in my current game.  I'll fraps them.

EDIT:

Ok,  I went back to the invisible wall construction site and the invisible walls were gone.   No sign of an FPS problem with the lumber either.   It's generally 45 everywhere,  including here.

But I still suspect that it can be created by mass lumber clearing.   The center of this warehouse was initially fine,  then I dropped the lumber you see and a section of the center of the warehouse became unwalkable.   An irregular 15x15 area.    Returning a week later (and several save/loads later)  and the problem is gone.

If the FPS dropped when I initially placed them,  I don't know.  Another possibility is that I had only recently arrived in this area.   Somewhere hundreds of yards to the NW of this building some large hordes spawned in at some point.   Though I had not seen them when the walls popped up they might have been up there at that time.

6poxl3.jpg

In a three hour play session I ran into only one invisiwall yesterday in build 15. FPS for the most part is pretty stable at 60fps but occasionally it will drop to 15/20 then shoot back up again a few times. Only happens to me when recording with Fraps and is usually fixed by a quick restart

I get them sometimes - 10-30FPS I also get lag spikes(0-10fps)
when upstairs in a building or if there are alot of zombies moving

I updated my drivers and java so it cant be on my end?

My specs

cpu: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2 overclocked to 3.6

mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

ram: 8gb ddr3

gpu: MSI GTX 760,2GB

storage: 1tb hdd x2

In a three hour play session I ran into only one invisiwall yesterday in build 15. FPS for the most part is pretty stable at 60fps but occasionally it will drop to 15/20 then shoot back up again a few times. Only happens to me when recording with Fraps and is usually fixed by a quick restart

what are your specs?

cause my pc is a beast and it still fails to run pz without laggs

I get them sometimes - 10-30FPS I also get lag spikes(0-10fps)
when upstairs in a building or if there are alot of zombies moving

I updated my drivers and java so it cant be on my end?

My specs

cpu: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2 overclocked to 3.6

mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

ram: 8gb ddr3

gpu: MSI GTX 760,2GB

storage: 1tb hdd x2

what are your specs?

cause my pc is a beast and it still fails to run pz without laggs

i5-2400, 12GB RAM, Overclocked GTX 560

Runs at a stable 60fps for me using the 64bit exe launcher. As I say, sometimes my fps drops to 15/20 and back up to 60.. usually when I'm around a large horde. Restarting the game usually fixes the issue for me.