Journal of a mentaly ill survivor UPDATE 2 1/2

Jonientz

First entry AM of July 4th- I found a pen and paper in this old warehouse I worked in before.... this hell happened. So I guess I'll start keeping a journal to keep myself sane. It took me so long to process this all... everyone I used to know... turned into these things. I saw my best friend that I've known since high school from my bedroom window before I left my house three days ago... He was hobbling down our street... His daughter's corpse strewn on the ground about ten feet from him...he hobbled over to her.. and... he tore at her flesh. I stumbled away from the Window onto my knees, crying. I've known Gabriel for 16 years and I fucking saw him gnaw on his own daughters corpse. She was so beautiful and young. this world is so fucked up. I wonder why I even try to survive...

Second entry, PM of July 4th

This warehouse is slightly less fortified than I originally had hoped. It's still has supplies, but me and Gabriel worked here before shit hit the fan. Every afternoon we would head out and take a smoke break on the roof.. have a cup of joe.. But I think I have the best chance of surviving in this place. Only place I have to sleep is a chair... It's pretty shitty but it beats sleeping outside. A few zeds broke in earlier... I killed them but... it was horrible. I swear one of them looked me in the eyes. I vomited afterwards.. I feel the embrace of tiredness setting in.. think I'll go eat and go down for the night

Entry 3. AM of the 5th of July

Woke up today to the smell of rotting corpses... those... things I killed yesterday in the warehouse really started to reek.. I put gloves on and drug them outside... It was terrible... found an axe in one of the crates in here. Figure I'll start chopping down some trees. Get this place fortified some more. God knows I already have enough nails here to make a fortress. I would like to write more but I feel my stomach calling to me now. I managed to scavenge a good bit of non perishable food on my way here so I guess I'll go have a bit of a breakfast.

Entry 4 PM of the 5th of July

I spent most of the day chopping down trees in a little park a few hundred feet from my warehouse. Transporting the dam logs was so much more taxing on me than chopping them down. Tomorrow I'll get them all sawed and start barricading the doors and windows on the side of the warehouse. Think I'll add some walls so I can have a bit of a safe perimeter around here. I'm a bit worried at all these zombies though. I noticed a large group of them right before I was about to haul the last few logs over. Had to drop them and make a run for it. They seem to move in herds.

Entry 5 AM of the sixth of July

I...woke up in a completely different place...I.. guess my multiple personality disorder came back... it hasn't been there for quite some time... I guess the stress must've triggered it. I think I'm on the other side of town. Looks to be another warehouse. I think I might recognize some of the streets I can see from the Windows. Almost all of my gear is trashed... all my food spilt everywhere, my axe torn apart... what the fuck did I do last night? Who was I last night? All I know is that I'm Parker now, and i pray it stays that way. My bag was in total disrepair. Used it for bandages. Fucking scratches all over me. Don't have a fever yet so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hear some of those things walking around the warehouse...I need to gather up supplies and try to worm to my old work.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived