Bodily functions & Hygiene

Xyphien

Who here would like to see this happen  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who here would like to see this happen

• I would love to see it.
    • No.

We all know that both of these are very important in every day life, I mean, who here can go years without having to pee or poop? Take a bash, shower, or even a bird bath (Poor term for sink shower)? I know I can't. I use the bathroom several times a day, especially if I drink nothing but water.

I'm all for realism, and would absolutely love to see the concept of having to use the bathroom installed into the game. You already have things like boredom, stress, ect. Why not bodily functions and hygiene?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched for the term bathroom and nothing came up with this type of post.

This is on the confirmed "No" list for the game and has been discussed quite a bit in the past. Suffice to say it will never happen in the vanilla game, no matter how many people want it. It might be worth your time to check out the sticky notes at the top of this subforum (at least the "How to write a bug report" and "Confirmed list" ones). That will help us so you're not suggesting stuff that's already been tossed around, and help you so you don't waste time with stuff we've already said yes (or no) to! Cheers!

Yeah that one is a bit unneeded overall, though it would miss some hilarious opportunities to make some Zombieland references.

Zombieland Rule No 3. Beware of Bathrooms.

Well actually this rule already applies to PZ cause for some reason zombies love to Hang out in bathrooms. ^^

But as already said this is on the confirmed no list and i think this would go a little to far. Though the thought of having an unbeatable urge to pee while hiding from a big horde would be some kind of funny. But this would be to much Sims for me.

This is on the confirmed "No" list for the game and has been discussed quite a bit in the past.

What if there was a mod for it? Would the devs try and shut it down?

I don't think so...

Why should they? I only flew over the mod guidelines once. But as long as your mod dosn't damage the game, the User or the Reputation of TIS or PZ, there is hardly any reason i guess. So as long as your mod doesn't contain racism, child molesting or things like that, you could mod it i think. And i don't think you can apply any of this to a 'i need the bathroom' mod. Except you Plan to implement the Option to molest Black children with your poo of course :P

Check the mod guidelines- apart from a very few exceptions, content-wise people can create pretty much whatever they want- we even encourage it! If mods make the game more appealing to another niche audience, that's great!

As long as you don't mod anything that will harm the users computer (turn PZ into a virus), use someone else's creative content or accept money on behalf of your mod, you're free to mod as you please.... I don't intend on doing it but be certain that SOMEONE will create nude body re-placers & sex animations & child models & virtually every sordid thing you could possibly think of.... When you think about it, a censored Sims style bodily hygiene mod is tame in comparison to what we are more than likely going to see in the future....

PZ is no Skyrim. Looking at tiny pixel breast isn't gonna hurt. I'd use a PZ nude mod for realism purposes.

I used to say that about New Vegas too.... eventually I got to the point that I considered it a little harsh to kill a man & strip him naked in order to sell his clothes for bottle caps :P

EDIT:

I joke but Romero was doing the "naked zombie" thing right from the beginning.... Child zombies too, both Night of the Living Dead (1968) & Dawn of the Dead (1978) had zombie children

Ha . . . sounds like you really need to read these again: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/09/terms-conditions/

The golden rule is that you can do what you want with Project Zomboid as long as it is not for commercial purposes (i.e. for your own profit) or for malicious/illegal purposes.

Modding Terms and Conditions

By modding in Project Zomboid, you accept the following:

• You are allowed to edit the game in any way, providing you do not edit it in such a way that it is either intentionally damaging to people's PCs, or removes the login system and enables people to play the game without purchasing.
  • Indie Stone reserve the right to implement any features in the game irrespective of whether mods exist that accomplish the same goal. While we will respect people's personal creations and always ask for permission and offer credit within the game before intentionally including any code, art or dialogue directly from mods with the core game, we do this out of respect to the authors and are not legally obliged, and general game-play ideas themselves do not apply (although again, we will be responsible when it comes to giving informal credit should ideas be used directly based on mods). We say this only to protect ourselves from the potential for mods to beat us to features we already intended to add and then having the origin of that idea disputed.
  • Unless any arrangements to the contrary have been made, mod creators cannot sell modifications to the game. Likewise, upon allowing us to use a modification in the game you cannot claim entitlement to any past, current or future profits from the game unless this is agreed upon at the time.

I'm.... Sorry..... What did I miss? The specifics about modding a way for people to play without purchasing? :huh:

Mentioning that TIS can turn around & use my content without any obligation to even give me credit for it? :huh:

I feel as though your being pedantic there nigma, considering I pretty much summed up the golden rule in my own words 

And how are either of those rules related to the conversation? :huh:

I somehow need to re-read the modding guidelines that I've already read a number of times over the last 6 months because I summed up the main point of the rules in order to illustrate that there isn't a problem making a personal hygiene mod? :huh:

You directly misrepresented our modding rules- regardless of whether you think it was relevant, you presented that as a factual summation of the rules- which it wasn't. I would recommend not arguing with the moderators any further on this. Cheers.

Off topic

woah that escaleted quickly

but just to clarify on the confusion

"While we will respect people's personal creations and always ask for permission and offer credit within the game before intentionally including any code, art or dialogue directly from mods with the core game, we do this out of respect to the authors and are not legally obliged, and general game-play ideas themselves do not apply (although again, we will be responsible when it comes to giving informal credit should ideas be used directly based on mods). We say this only to protect ourselves from the potential for mods to beat us to features we already intended to add and then having the origin of that idea disputed."

this right here protects them from modders trying to steal their game based on their creations. Give them enough time, and they could do amazing things with the engine alone, imagine a modder coming along, who didnt even code the game and starts saying stuff like "no u didnt make that i did im suing u!!!!! u should pay me for my stuff!!"

but they are stating that they personally will give credit regardless and honestly some modders now adays are way too tyranical about their stuff. They should just make games instead. And see how its like.

otherwise if you were modding for a living you could try and make a deal with them to sell your mod as additional content (DLC) in a official capacity, i assume u'd get like 30% they'd get 40% and steam gets 30% or depending on where its sold etc. but it'd have to be a pretty amazing mod, expansion worthy i bet. games that did this are NPW mod for Mount and Blade Warband..

again I would be glad the devs would even have the oppurtunity for dialogue compared to big publishers out there.

EDIT: Wait I'm sorry, the EULA he posted that pertains to modding is different from the one I'm reading here? http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2530-mod-permissions/?p=36481

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just in case it wasn’t clear from earlier, you are not permitted to:

• Modify the base files of Project Zomboid to include malicious code or other naughtiness.
  • Distribute Project Zomboid yourself, or host its download. In order to ensure the game’s integrity we recommend it should only ever be downloaded from established portals on which we’ve placed it (Desura, Steam etc).

In terms of the modding of PZ, you also agree that:

• The Indie Stone reserve the right to implement any features in the game irrespective of whether mods exist that accomplish the same goal.
  • The Indie Stone are free to use any ideas found in user mods, and while we will give credit if we genuinely use ideas directly from mods – we are not required to give credit or remuneration of any kind.

(This is purely because people may create mods that are already part of the PZ roadmap, and we don’t want to be dragged into ‘this was my idea’ arguments. The Indie Stone will of course fall over themselves to credit any mod author we genuinely use ideas from.)"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It went from content the modder made to just ideas. What happened, are there two EULAs I am not aware of or did he spread a old EULA I cannot find?

oh I see, the most recent one is dated Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:40 PM and the other one that is most current, from what I am reading anyway is this

"RoboMat, on 23 Jul 2013 - 8:06 PM, said:snapback.png

Modding Terms and Conditions

By modding in Project Zomboid, you accept the following:

• You are allowed to edit the game in any way, providing you do not edit it in such a way that it is either intentionally damaging to people's PCs, or removes the login system and enables people to play the game without purchasing.
  • Indie Stone reserve the right to implement any features in the game irrespective of whether mods exist that accomplish the same goal. While we will respect people's personal creations and always ask for permission and offer credit within the game before intentionally including any code, art or dialogue directly from mods with the core game, we do this out of respect to the authors and are not legally obliged, and general game-play ideas themselves do not apply (although again, we will be responsible when it comes to giving informal credit should ideas be used directly based on mods). We say this only to protect ourselves from the potential for mods to beat us to features we already intended to add and then having the origin of that idea disputed.
  • Unless any arrangements to the contrary have been made, mod creators cannot sell modifications to the game. Likewise, upon allowing us to use a modification in the game you cannot claim entitlement to any past, current or future profits from the game unless this is agreed upon at the time.

"

well now, not sure what the complaint is now, they even went a step further to clarify their intentions according to what I can find/read about the current EULA in regards to modding the game.

Hey modders who wish to sell mods you can just mark your mods internally and build them up perhaps one day sell them as DLC pending a writen legal agreement with The Indie Stone Limited for any joint effort. Which again protects them from a modder claiming he was working with them when he was not and trying to sue for no reason. This is stated here in the most current EULA listed as

"Terms! Conditions! September 6, 2013

[...]

Working with contributors:

[...]

Any other form of remuneration for contributions from outside of the The Indie Stone will always be officially agreed in writing – away from the forum – before any work takes place on the part of either developer or contributor. This covers all development up to this point, and everything in future Zomboid builds.

Should The Indie Stone and a contributor join forces to bring a user modification into the official Project Zomboid build all remuneration will be discussed at that time. There is no automatic entitlement to any past, current or future revenue of Project Zomboid or for any other payments from The Indie Stone to a contributor unless they’ve agreed it expressly in writing."

Well, I hope I don't get banned for trying to bring some clarity to the mess. Sometimes users forget that EULAs get changed all the time.

Edited by Rathlord
Off Topic Posting

Guys we really don't need any more discussion about the modding terms. It was brought up because someone asked briefly, he was given a wrong answer, and that was clarified. Any further discussion should please be about the thread topic.

When the implementation of removing bodies from living areas to reduce infection risk is upon us, I think we at least need to be able to wash up.

Think about it, you just killed several zombies and realized that the house all this happened in is perfect for your needs. So you carry the dead out and use bleach to scrub everything squeaky clean before moving in. Would you really not take a bath after all that? Would you just go on living your daily post-apocalyptic life, cooking and eating, sleeping and reading, farming and crafting with all the gore on you?

No sir, I don't believe you would. You would get out of those filthy clothes (maybe even burn them) and then take a nice long bath, in a rain barrel if necessary. We already have toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, razor and various towels. All we need is soap. You would need a water source and several of above items to perform a "get clean" action that would take some time.

As for those bodily functions, name the action "take care of business", just slap a progress bar on top of blurred/pixelated character and be done with it. Couple of moodles to prompt user to take action, nothing too descriptive or frequent.

Since PZ is aiming for decent amount of realism, this should be reconsidered in my opinion.