Firearms and realistic aiming

Bioradical

I know I've seen and have been a part of a few discussions over this, but I wanted to make a thread specifically for this topic.

Firearms are just too accurate if we are going for a realistic zombie apocalypse.

Ideally aiming should work like the melee 'charge' system, where you have to hover the cursor over or toward a zombie for a few precious seconds if you want to get a reliable headshot, longer for the further you are aiming and handguns should take longer as opposed to shotguns or rifles. The aim time can be reduced as you become more proficient in the firearms skill.

I suggest this, because most of my friends can't hit a 20 yard target if it were 'stationary' with a 22lr, let alone a 9mm or .45 which will they'll try to compensate more for due to the recoil or flinch as they expect the report. *sigh* I need better friends I could rely upon during a zombie apocalypse.

Also being in America, to compensate for increasing the difficulty with aiming there should be some additional ammo to offset this. Nothing overwhelming, but especially if zombies can migrate from the edge of the maps the ammo found should increase or the migrating zombies might carry some.

Also cop or military zombies could be present to indicate ammo drops, but this is just wishful thinking on my part and not a serious suggestion.

I didn't see it on the "Commonly Suggested Suggestions", so it hasn't been brought up enough it seems.

I say this, because I love the idea of this game going for such a realistic approach to the zombie apocalypse. Realistic aiming is important to me, as a gun enthusiast I would be elated to see this accurately depicted.

I am literally close to passing out.

But on this first page theres the aiming overhaul for starters

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5589-the-aiming-overhaul/

I KNOW the devs have confirmed they are going to revamp the entire combat system. You need not worry.

Im gonna go pass out for 20 minutes. Then wake up disappointed the brief sleep wasn't fulfilling.

as i said in the linked thread, don't assume everyone is going to play using WASD and the mouse. many people will be using controllers, and will not have their hands on or near the muse when lining up a shot.

it really is better to have one 10 page long thread than it is to have 10 individual threads on the same basic topic. easier for people to locate and see what others are saying. and the linked was active yesterday, so it was not exactly buried.

As Enigma said, no need to delete it- it might help someone searching for it anyways. I think I can bring some nice closure, though- I brought this up with Lemmy101 a few days ago and I think I can say it's something they definitely "want" to do. I'm not going to call it confirmed- I don't have that power =P But yes, it's something that hopefully will happen.

As Enigma said, no need to delete it- it might help someone searching for it anyways. I think I can bring some nice closure, though- I brought this up with Lemmy101 a few days ago and I think I can say it's something they definitely "want" to do. I'm not going to call it confirmed- I don't have that power =P But yes, it's something that hopefully will happen.

Maybe we can get that power..

Quickly members if we ban together we can TAKE THE POWER!

Maybe we can get that power..

Quickly members if we ban together we can TAKE THE POWER!

Are you asking me for something? X=

If I want that much power I'll spend the time to make a mod myself, which I unfortunately don't have due to academic and career obligations -_-....

I just don't like how firearms are just so readily viable to rectify a FUBAR situation. If you're surrounded it's extremely easy to cleave a path to get out, whereas very very few people would be able to so readily hit numerable moving targets in a real situation. Guns don't feel like the double edged sword they need to be.

Now with that said, I'm off to write about smart coating technologies and play some Goat Simulator.

as i said in the linked thread, don't assume everyone is going to play using WASD and the mouse. many people will be using controllers, and will not have their hands on or near the muse when lining up a shot.

Sorry if this comes out as rude, but don't the controllers have a thumbstic? I know one aims shitty with it, but a (perfectly good at aiming) mouse is right there, he should use it!!

Sorry if this comes out as rude, but don't the controllers have a thumbstic? I know one aims shitty with it, but a (perfectly good at aiming) mouse is right there, he should use it!!

not rude at all. no worries.

yes. they do have 2 thumb sticks and a thumb pad. on mine, a logitech rumble pad 2, the right thumb stick is for walking, left thumb stick handles sneaking, spinning and "charging" an attack. the thumb pad handles inventory management. and you are right, one of the thumb sticks could conceivably handle the aiming function. how well is any ones guess at this point.

i just wanted to remind the OP that we are not all playing with the exact same equipment, some of us deviate a little. i'm sure there are people out there using flight stick type controllers for this game as well. we all use whatever makes it easier for us to play. which of course causes Devs headaches.