-Public Toilets

Ground Floor
TlcyDF2.jpg

First Floor
oF2Qwlg.jpg

Roof
k2fK0rz.jpg

zjlBNcO.jpg

Download contains install instructions, last stand and sandbox versions, a map and some notes, please give them a read. You are free to use this on MP and videos etc just note that this is merely a test build and doesn't look pretty enough yet, it needs a lot more detailing done.

This is pretty k00l! Can already see myself doing a dawn of the dead type thing.

The glass roof was originally level with the normal roof, then I realized you could make a base on the top, like dawn of the dead, and use a sheet rope to get into the mall that way. So I raised the glass roof up specifically for that reason

5+ people hiding in a big mall for days. Indeed the 70`s Dawn of the dead comes to mind haha.

Nice work! Let me know if i can put this in a map currently under contruction.

You can use it freely in any map you wish, just save a space for it on your map and i'll get a release version after some more testing.

1978 Dawn of the Dead was my main reason for making this, now we just need zombies on bikes...

5+ people hiding in a big mall for days. Indeed the 70`s Dawn of the dead comes to mind haha.

Nice work! Let me know if i can put this in a map currently under contruction.

You can use it freely in any map you wish, just save a space for it on your map and i'll get a release version after some more testing.

1978 Dawn of the Dead was my main reason for making this, now we just need zombies on bikes...

NOH. 3:< (angreh puppeh faic)

NPC Bikers who kill you for your loot is more like it.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Added a download link for a first playable test version, if anyone puts it on a MP server or streams let me know so I can check it out. It should be pretty fun to try to take the mall with friends.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in, it seems you CAN clear most of the mall out on your own, but in the end zombification got me. I think you would need backup on MP to clear it out and make a good base

Added a new version of the map to download, I played it for a bit on MP so it will work on any server. Fixed all the buildings where the stairs were broken and made it so that you need a sledgehammer to get into the gunstore and reduced loot spawns inside the gun store. Some buildings were re-arranged and moved around, reduced the amount of long grass in areas, the lower city end should be more dense now too.

Still needs a lot of detailing, some of the road/parking markings aren't showing up and vegetation needs to be added but it is now in a playable state. Will continue working on this until it looks nicer.

Testing + feedback of the mall itself would be much appreciated.

Japer, or whomever else,

I was trying to check this out in mutilplayer but I can't seem to get zombies to spawn. Even when I do a /createhorde.

I can get it to load on the server. I can get zombies on sandbox or last stand but nothing in multiplayer.

Any idea what I need to do or what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Also, I posted this on the steam forums thread too. I don't want you to think I'm trolling you. I'd love to test this for you, especially in Last Stand mode, which I don't know how to start a server of.

I replied on steam but i'll reply here to for the benefit of others

Im not sure if you can create a server with last stand yet, as far as im aware you cannot but someone may have figured it out. I know bedford falls works on MP with zombies, but perhaps that is because it's tied to the base map? Unless the other map Dreadwood works then im not really sure, but I will look into it