Etsa's Super Suggestion Thread!

Etsamaru

though you are advanced member, im not sure, if you've really read and understood the stickie threads...especially the "how to write a good suggestion" thread...

Jesus... Don't be such an asshole. Did you read them... Last time I checked he had them all. He didn't break the title things because it has multible suggestions of different categories. Plus WTF is "STICKIE"

• Is it somewhat realistic? Does it fit with the spirit of PZ? Would it make the game too easy? Would it require rewriting the entire game (like changing the camera view, for instance) Would it add enough to the gameplay that it would be worth taking the time to add? Would it be found in Muldraugh, Kentucky common enough to be added? For zombies: Does it fit at least somewhat into Romero/Brooks zombie lore (the basis for 'proper' zombies)?

A lot of good suggestions, but I have to point out a few things...

20. Zombies can already have wallets. I've also found wedding rings, lockets, an empty note book and a pen, etc.

34. Microwaves are already in the game.

And here is some random other feedback for each idea...

1. FOG. YES. I can imagine the spooky atmosphere that could come with it, howling winds, the pitter patter of rain, crows, it would be so atmospheric... This must be put in the game!

4. An interesting idea. Maybe it could work with TVs too, the first time I walked into a house and saw a TV, I thought, "Hey! I'll turn this on and- Oh. Neeeevermind." So I guess combine this and idea 29.

6. This combined with the fog would be even better. Slowly creeping around, unsure of whether or not zombies are nearby because of how foggy it is, when suddenly a car alarm goes off adding to the panic as you stumble around attempting to get somewhere safe, unsure how close the alarm is!

8. Oh how I love ideas that increase difficulty, and more importantly atmosphere. I imagine being surrounded by a horde, and you can see their arms sticking through the fence clawing at you, some begin to attack it and all you can do is wait for your demise.

28. Nice idea, but what exactly would you get from sitting in a chair? I guess you get a happiness boost if you sit down before eating or something?

And it doesn't help that that sticky is just Rathlord's personal suggestions as to what makes a good suggestion, like as not.

Yep, there is no obligation to present suggestions in any particular form. Let's not forgot our rule number one, keep to discussing the suggestions, if you so wish.

Enigma and Onto are right- you don't have to abide by my stickies. But if you want discussion conducive to making good ideas, and want a hope in hell of the developers ever reading your thread, you should follow them.

Why you should follow the sticky:

Spoiler

Posting your idea!

Time to post your idea, finally! (Finally? Oh come on it didn't take that long.) First, your title.

Titles should be short and they should give the basic idea of your suggestion. Three examples to show the extremes people go through with titles:

1: idea
2: Automobiles
3: Devs, add in cars now please and also buses and trains and tanks and bicycles and blimps and zeppelins and submarines and autogyros.
Please don't ever make your title just your name followed by the word suggestions (Rathlord's Suggestions!).

This is because the devs will almost certainly never open a thread with a title like this. When they browse through the suggestions forum, they're looking for well developed ideas that pop out at them. Having a title that doesn't tell what's in the thread means they will probably never look at this. Frankly, they don't have time to look at every suggestion, and if you want yours to be looked at you should think of this like a competition.

Please do not post multiple ideas in one thread. I won't go completely into why this is bad, but in short it hinders constructive criticism and makes it hard to follow which part people are talking about. Chances are, anyways, that if you have more than 5 suggestions most of them have been suggested before.

As I mentioned here, this makes it hard for people to have a good discussion about your ideas. And, as I said at the end there, many of your ideas are already suggested and in fact some of them are already in the game. I'm not sure why you're suggesting things you know have already been suggested. That doesn't add anything to the forums- there's no competition for who gets the most suggestions. If you're re-suggesting things that are already on the list, you're just wasting people's time and cluttering up the forums.

The fact of the matter is, making a big list of undeveloped ideas helps out no one. As said above, the devs are probably never going to read it and if they do, they're going to want to see a single idea that's had some thought put into it, and some constructive discussion following that shapes it into a solid, feasible idea. This thread does none of those things.

So, in closing, follow the sticky or don't- there's no rule either way. But if you actually want a chance for some of your ideas to catch a devs eye and maybe make it into the game, I'd recommend you do.

And to everyone else, please don't tell people how to make suggestions. If you feel a thread is a problem, report it to a moderator and we'll handle it. Otherwise, just leave the thread alone unless you have something to add. Thanks!

I copy and pasted my thread to a note pad. You can delete/close it if you want to. I'll make a better thread next time. I just wanted to put my ideas out there in general. I'll just have to make nice detailed threads of each number. Maybe one a day or something for the ones that haven't been done before of course.

though you are advanced member, im not sure, if you've really read and understood the stickie threads...especially the "how to write a good suggestion" thread...

Jesus... Don't be such an asshole. Did you read them... Last time I checked he had them all. He didn't break the title things because it has multible suggestions of different categories. Plus WTF is "STICKIE"

• Is it somewhat realistic? Does it fit with the spirit of PZ? Would it make the game too easy? Would it require rewriting the entire game (like changing the camera view, for instance) Would it add enough to the gameplay that it would be worth taking the time to add? Would it be found in Muldraugh, Kentucky common enough to be added? For zombies: Does it fit at least somewhat into Romero/Brooks zombie lore (the basis for 'proper' zombies)?

i'm not, but im willing to tell you when i start to be one...

i'm just pointing out that said rules are there for a reason, not because they are carved in stone but because they make sense....as soon as you are able to recognize common logic...

OP just named the thread the worst way and then splattered out 38 points of wich half are already discussed and suggested.

And of course you are completly right, fuck me for not beeing a native english speaking person, and sometimes mixing up the words. BIG FUCKING TENNIS!

Warned. I just told you two posts up to not continue, and you did. This isn't a joke- you're harassing a guy who didn't even break any rules. Next time it's a ban.

i see it exactly as daec, many boards get flooded with posts like this and it was not etsa`s first suggestion that has allready been confirmed/declined, had a bad title, or ignored other advices.

someone has to point such things out, or they spread.

Oh my gosh guys, I'll just leave. I get it okay? You don't ALL have to come at me because I didn't make a thread that was up to your standards. I'm sorry my idea's aren't as good as other's or that I can't think up a well written thread. I am sorry that I just enjoy this game so much that I wanted to post my thoughts somewhere on it because I was so excited for this game. I'm sorry okay? I'm done. I won't post anymore if this is how it is. I didn't realize everyone was going to be so hostile. I'm sorry I just post Garbage.

I got it the first time, I don't need you guys just going back and forth on how much I suck okay? Sorry. 

Done. 

Oh my gosh guys, I'll just leave. I get it okay? You don't ALL have to come at me because I didn't make a thread that was up to your standards. I'm sorry my idea's aren't as good as other's or that I can't think up a well written thread. I am sorry that I just enjoy this game so much that I wanted to post my thoughts somewhere on it because I was so excited for this game. I'm sorry okay? I'm done. I won't post anymore if this is how it is. I didn't realize everyone was going to be so hostile. I'm sorry I just post Garbage.

I got it the first time, I don't need you guys just going back and forth on how much I suck okay? Sorry. 

Done. 

i wouldn't worry about it too much, and i know its already in the past, but keep adding those suggestions, it seems to me your really enthusiastic about this game and so am I, hey i got shut down pretty hard when making my 1st few suggestions, like "your an advanced member, you should know this" haha.

What im getting at is just keep at it :)

Well, this thread is officially an embarassment (and not in the least bit becuase of Etsmaru's post). I'm not even sure who should be warned for this -- why did this continue past Drake, Onto's, and my posts? This isn't a debate -- there's nothing to prove or win.

If any of you try to moderate the suggestions forum again, beyond being helpful to new members, or stir up an argument about the philosophical and practical formation of suggestions, I'll start handing out warning points.

Consider yourselves on notice.