server admin mode

psykikk

i have a suggestion that probably is old and seemingly was already in the game.

give the server admin something liek this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsL_7xQnCSA

a top-down view of the map (maybe not the full map but yu can scroll around it)

and show where players (future npc´s) and zombies in that vicinity are.

make it possible to rightclick on the map and do vcertain stuff like

-spawn zombie

-spawn horde

-etc....

whats the difference of being able to spawn it there anways (after walking there as godmode and invisible) 

I mean: its the server admin for christs sake. if he thinks its fun to grief players then he will sure see that no one plays on his machine for long...

I think this function twould EASE the burden of a server admin. 

see where players are, see amount of zombies... even the odds...help players out.

the same way it would make griefing easier, it would help in actually HELPING his players on his server.

Too much power and admin could just grief people by spawning hordes in their base.

Why would an admin do this ? and why would you give admin powers to someone who would do this ?

Anyway, having "admining" for a bit on mindescape, I can tell that kind of overview tool would be pretty awesome and useful. It would simplify admin work A LOT and would as well open large possibilities for admins to take on the Game-Master vest, which would be freaking great.

Easier to create events, easier to "create some game phases" for certain groups of players who've been too relaxed for a long while, creating meta-events on precise locations etc...

Too much power and admin could just grief people by spawning hordes in their base.

Why would an admin do this ? and why would you give admin powers to someone who would do this ?

Anyway, having "admining" for a bit on mindescape, I can tell that kind of overview tool would be pretty awesome and useful. It would simplify admin work A LOT and would as well open large possibilities for admins to take on the Game-Master vest, which would be freaking great.

Easier to create events, easier to "create some game phases" for certain groups of players who've been too relaxed for a long while, creating meta-events on precise locations etc...

I guess it would be cool if done right to make the game exciting.

exactly my thought when I saw this. the possibilities of such an overview combied with admin tools like spawn items, zombies etc are almost limitless. I can only imagine how it would be on a roleplaying server for example