Water Treatment Plant

Pridelost

Finished working on the Water Treatment Plant. If you encounter any problems or notice any room for improvement please dont hesitate to drop me a message. Thank you, and enjoy the building. Free to use by all!

watertreatment_zpsf40f0cbd.jpg

Sorry no picture of the inside.

File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/apa5uu5jai7dpqg/WaterTreatmentFacility.tbx

Free to use by all!

I started working on a power plant type building that could just as easily be a large warehouse.

Powerplant_zps01983746.jpg

The storage building on the left is an idea of how I'm decorating the outside of it. I really wanted someones opinion on the square smoke stacks and the black tiles used in them. Is it so square it ruins the aesthetic?

I think a real hole looks better at the stacks. Take the sewer wall tile for it. Try it and decide for yourself :)

Take away the tile covering it so it's hollow, I made some smoke chimneys and those large circle (square in game) stacks you see in nuclear power plants and they look good hollow, altho the square nature does kind of ruin it a bit sadly.

If your going to finish this and add some more buildings I could use it on my Raccoon City map as it has a large area for nuclear power

Take away the tile covering it so it's hollow, I made some smoke chimneys and those large circle (square in game) stacks you see in nuclear power plants and they look good hollow, altho the square nature does kind of ruin it a bit sadly.

If your going to finish this and add some more buildings I could use it on my Raccoon City map as it has a large area for nuclear power

Nuclear power plants are always good. We need more superheroes! :D

Looking good Pridelost!.

For some reason i can`t find those airco / blades you have on your roof. Not sure why, default texture / sprite right?

They are under 'industry_02', add them in tile mode, or in iso click something and port the tiles in

Dunno about a Power Plant, but this could make a fine water pumping station, or any random piece of industrial whos-a-ma-whatsit.

Powerplants are REALLY damn big. That being said, I'd love to be able to set up shop in a nuclear power station (provided it had been safely shutdown prior to being overrun with zombies). You'd have lots of industrial supplies and tools, not to mention the contents of on-site warehouses and all. Hell, the backup diesel generators could be real useful. As long as you stayed clear of the 'hot' areas, such as the spent fuel pond, you'd be good.

In short, lots of supplies, pre-existing security features, and a large area fenced in with some of the best pre-existing fortifications around. Only downside would be the size of the facility (keeping the perimeter clear could be a full time job if you're not careful), and the likelihood of the plant being far away from any towns, etc. would make loot runs a bit of a pain.

I appreciate the thought you put into that Apollo and thank you everyone for the nice comments. ^_^

The original idea was a power plant and I agree about the size, this'll be my biggest building so far. A water treatment facility is a much better idea and I think it'll make a switch to that. Thank again. 

If you two do end up making buildings for public consumption let me know, I need some industrial buildings for my Raccoon City map and there is quite a large area set out for it that I could use a hand with :P

Released the plant for public use. I hope everything is put together properly, let me know if you find any bugs. I'm not sure how to make invisible walls so you can walk over the water since it's flat. 

Jesus trait :D

Never tried to make invisible floor or roof. Hope you find a solution!

Awesome Pridelost, i will give it a nice spot on my soon-to-be-build map!

Released the plant for public use. I hope everything is put together properly, let me know if you find any bugs. I'm not sure how to make invisible walls so you can walk over the water since it's flat. 

Jesus trait  :D

Never tried to make invisible floor or roof. Hope you find a solution!

hehe the walk on water trait, might be useful :D