[EUROPE] [PUBLIC] [PVE,PVP] [Online 24x7x365] [Bedford Falls V2] [Muldraugh+West Point+Bedford Falls] [ [Active Admins]

AliceCooper

There's something weird going on right now.

We're in Bedford, and the console is spamming "RemoveItemFromMap: sq is null or index is invalid", when I put some loot in a container or on the floor my friends can't see it, same thing the other way. Weird sync problem with broken doors as well : When I break a door and then enter the building my friends still see the door unbroken and can't get in, they have to break it themselves again to be able to enter.

Someone said he lost an entire container of loot like 10 mins after he put it inside the container.

I have seen those message since day 1, it either saves or it doesnt..stuff doesn`t just disappear...

Server is working fine. Like i said, not going to change a single thing anymore.

Contents of a crate (150 or so chips, 50 cupcakes and lots more) "did just dissapeared" today from my base ^^ (i did put them inside a crate, crafted few more, got hungry, bam crate empty). Wat sorcery is this.

Like KUyTh says... did you guys remove your old safe files from the server?? This is important and will cause problems if you haven't done this.

Also: WHERE are these crates? If you place things far east of Bedford (or build) it is bugged. I've noticed this myself. There is like an invisible line where if you craft, only you can see it and stuff.

There's something weird going on right now.

We're in Bedford, and the console is spamming "RemoveItemFromMap: sq is null or index is invalid", when I put some loot in a container or on the floor my friends can't see it, same thing the other way. Weird sync problem with broken doors as well : When I break a door and then enter the building my friends still see the door unbroken and can't get in, they have to break it themselves again to be able to enter.

Someone said he lost an entire container of loot like 10 mins after he put it inside the container.

I have seen those message since day 1, it either saves or it doesnt..stuff doesn`t just disappear...

Server is working fine. Like i said, not going to change a single thing anymore.

Contents of a crate (150 or so chips, 50 cupcakes and lots more) "did just disappeared" today from my base ^^ (i did put them inside a crate, crafted few more, got hungry, bam crate empty). Wat sorcery is this.

I think I can provide a possible and probably explanation, as a lesser version happened to me. If you lose connection to the server it is not immediately apparent so you keep playing, during that time anything that you remove from your own inventory and place somewhere else does get removed on your side from your bags but the server doesn't see you've placed those items on it as you aren't connected. Therefor they will not be there when you re-log/regain connection and no one else will see them because they never got created on the server, only deleted from your inventory. There really needs to be some sort of connection status indicator so you can tell when you're not connected to avoid this.

The only signs in the game you've lost connection are map failing to load, lack of zombies and no new loot showing in any container. This isn't a server problem as much as just the general quality of your connection to it, so not much Alice can do to help. Try not to put down too much important stuff in one go, and if you feel you need to re-log, better pick it up again first, if you dropped it recently, while it's still visible to your client at least.

Oh and it would also happen when the server goes down, so the only thing Alice can do is warn people to log off first to avoid losing anything they may drop when the server is going down for planned maintenance, but that's a small window.

Thing is , i dropped stuff to two different crates at the same time when i was loading this one,  picking up everything under my feet, then placing food in food crate, tools in tools crate etc. and yet only food crate contents dissapeared, i didnt pack all that stuff inside the crate in one go.

Well, that is strange then, unless you had a very brief loss of connection or a very large mouse in your base! Still, with high loot at the moment I'm sure you can easily replace it and server needs to lose some anyway. I'd rather lose food than tools at this early stage.

Taking a break for a day, got mad after matrix zombie bit-scratched me for a 3rd time today. Knocked bastard down, and before he hit the floor and turned into crawler bite - scratch combo with no way to avoid struck me again >.< Also could use of more zombies in WP, you can fire a shotgun in the middle of town and maybe 12 or so zombies will come.

Like KUyTh says... did you guys remove your old safe files from the server?? This is important and will cause problems if you haven't done this.

Also: WHERE are these crates? If you place things far east of Bedford (or build) it is bugged. I've noticed this myself. There is like an invisible line where if you craft, only you can see it and stuff.

I think that's it ! We're in the extreme east of WP and we didn't notice that bug before we tried to settle there, I guess we'll go back a tad west and see what happens.

Also yeah I did delete my savegame and one of my mate never played on the server before and still had the same bug !

We'll be shifting to the west and I'll keep ya updated ^^

Yeah, theres something wrong with those lines lol.

I made test crates everywhere, all good.

Been testing with a mate for the last 20 minutes.

Full server (SS made 5 minutes ago), no lag, no weird zeds, nothing.. Server is like sleeping atm, didnt even wake up...

RFt6qkf.jpg

It`s sad but with people spawning in 10000 of zeds, then shooting them, leaving corpses that will lag out any NASA computer..nothing to be done except for a hard reset which the insane after 2 days of maptime.

We spend allot of time on trying to give new players a home..time wasted it seems.

Servers shutdown and won`t come back.

Well. My steam ID is maskedglove. Feel free to add me and we can play again.

edit- this invite is for everyone

Alice,

I want to thank you for the work you have put in this server, for trying to make it different, for trying your best to put new maps and things with it. Unfortunately, the game wouldn't allow you to do the things you wanted at this point all the time.
I have gained in you a friend and I am thankful that you trusted me as an admin and played the part with great joy.

It's a shame that people will always find the need to fuck things up and ruin a perfectly good game and/or server by doing the things they do. It might sound paranoid, but the amount of zombies (dead or alive) and specific carpentry items me & Alice just found is just unrealistic to be legitimate.

Special shout out to the Cult.... love you boys ;)

x
Sas

So...is this it or... is some kind of joke?

P.S:It seems like this is real...so I am gonna leave my regards here....This was one of the best server's I've played...Active community,friendly admins and very cool peeps.I've not only met those cool peeps but i've also spent some really quality time with friends.It's a bummer this server is closing for real...Had some really really great adventures,base making and stuff.

I am honestly pissed off at the kids who actually got they're hands on some of those weird plugins who allowed them to use admin commands....It's just a bummer how much time you put into this and they just come in and built a fort....like a castle...

User name was:Sebastian

Alice,

I want to thank you for the work you have put in this server, for trying to make it different, for trying your best to put new maps and things with it. Unfortunately, the game wouldn't allow you to do the things you wanted at this point all the time.

I have gained in you a friend and I am thankful that you trusted me as an admin and played the part with great joy.

It's a shame that people will always find the need to fuck things up and ruin a perfectly good game and/or server by doing the things they do. It might sound paranoid, but the amount of zombies (dead or alive) and specific carpentry items me & Alice just found is just unrealistic to be legitimate.

Special shout out to the Cult.... love you boys ;)

x

Sas

I google stuff. its an item spawning app. so yeah.

And yes. Thank you Alice for everything you did. It has been much appreciated!

It`s sad but with people spawning in 10000 of zeds, then shooting them, leaving corpses that will lag out any NASA computer..nothing to be done except for a hard reset which the insane after 2 days of maptime.

We spend allot of time on trying to give new players a home..time wasted it seems.

Servers shutdown and won`t come back.

thank you for making this server! sad its not gonna continue anymore. hopefully when all those problems can be resolved this server will be back again! thanks again! -johnnn

This is so sad. 

Finally, I found a multiplayer server where I had fun in, with friendly people and a cool owner, and then the fucking retarded script kiddies get a spawning app and ruin it for everyone.

So sad people like that are allowed to exist..

This is so sad. 

Finally, I found a multiplayer server where I had fun in, with friendly people and a cool owner, and then the fucking retarded script kiddies get a spawning app and ruin it for everyone.

doesn't mean we all cant play together still.

This is so sad. 

My thoughts. 

All i can add is that even tho i spent there 3 days, i already was able to notice that You did care about this server Alice and wanted to give people a place to have fun. Just 3 days, but 3 days i really enjoyed. Its really sad that it ended up this way.

This is so sad. 

My thoughts. 

All i can add is that even tho i spent there 3 days, i already was able to notice that You did care about this server Alice and wanted to give people a place to have fun. Just 3 days, but 3 days i really enjoyed. Its really sad that it ended up this way.

hey add me on steam.

Will do tommorow buddy, time to sleep for me, cant even force myself to open steam but i sure will add You tommorow. Just gonna watch this topic for a while.