Evil Dead PZ Server [Build 34.28]][Hardcore][RP][pvp&pve][Online24/7][UK]

the darkness

I haven't been on this server long but If I'm allowed to vote I'd vote no reset, there is still plenty of loot in Bedford at least.

Also could you reconsider using abundant loot next time, Alice Cooper's server tried that before it shut down and there was just way too much, enough to last for months let alone 2 weeks, and with so many guns and ammo the zombies had no chance. Also I have a feeling it may have contributed to the lag problems as more item positions need to be remembered by the server I imagine. Normal loot settings should be fine.

I'd also like more zombies, preferably with pinpoint hearing and no decomposition please. Some people will complain it makes them too hard, but it keeps the pressure and tension up making it a more exciting fun game, which the same people would realize eventually if they ever went back to normal zombies.

I haven't been on this server long but If I'm allowed to vote I'd vote no reset, there is still plenty of loot in Bedford at least.

Also could you reconsider using abundant loot next time, Alice Cooper's server tried that before it shut down and there was just way too much, enough to last for months let alone 2 weeks, and with so many guns and ammo the zombies had no chance. Also I have a feeling it may have contributed to the lag problems as more item positions need to be remembered by the server I imagine. Normal loot settings should be fine.

I'd also like more zombies, preferably with pinpoint hearing and no decomposition please. Some people will complain it makes them too hard, but it keeps the pressure and tension up making it a more exciting fun game, which the same people would realize eventually if they ever went back to normal zombies.

i will look in to setting up different server setting in reset and increase loot zombies and difficulty i am new to at hosting server so hopefully i wont run int into meany problems setting this up i presume i just need to save the setting into the main folder project zombied but am not sure. as i can not find any info on this and no one has helped me with my post on this yet?

if i can stretch out hard resets to two week this will be amasing

ok i think i now know how to create a file for changing loot, zombie count and difficulty so all being well ill put 

zombies high, loot common and up grade the difficulty a noch

I'm not sure what you are looking for but the server (zombie types and loot, day speed) settings can be changed from steamapps/common/projectzomboid and launching PZserversettings.
When you are finished changing the server settings don't press save, select settings> Configure Output Folder
Then you got to navigate roughly like this:
/steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/lua/shared/sandbox

Now it's saved and you can use the save button for future changes.

The other is from: /users/"your user"/zomboid/server

Hopefully helps.

I'm not sure what you are looking for but the server (zombie types and loot, day speed) settings can be changed from steamapps/common/projectzomboid and launching PZserversettings.

When you are finished changing the server settings don't press save, select settings> Configure Output Folder

Then you got to navigate roughly like this:

/steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/lua/shared/sandbox

Now it's saved and you can use the save button for future changes.

The other is from: /users/"your user"/zomboid/server

Hopefully helps.

yes thank you this makes a lot more sense to me now ill have no problem getting it to work now

Can you tell me how to run own server for just bunch of friends?
I can set up server and connect to it but my friend cannot, it just says loading forever without going to character select screen.
What parameters you used to set up server map and mod?

just paste the complete lines here if you can.
We both can join your server without issues so the problem has to be on my side.

I forwarded ports from 16261 to 16263. 61 is tcp and udp while rest are tcp if i remember right.

It does have a field for ip when forwarding ports, should i use my internal or external ip for that?

Thank you in advance

Can you tell me how to run own server for just bunch of friends?

I can set up server and connect to it but my friend cannot, it just says loading forever without going to character select screen.

What parameters you used to set up server map and mod?

just paste the complete lines here if you can.

We both can join your server without issues so the problem has to be on my side.

I forwarded ports from 16261 to 16263. 61 is tcp and udp while rest are tcp if i remember right.

It does have a field for ip when forwarding ports, should i use my internal or external ip for that?

Thank you in advance

yes port fording is very complicated and all routers are different so i don't think i can help much sounds like you have opened port correctly but you need to work out how to assign it to to the pc you are using as in game application and pc name

use the internal ip and put it into router settings with the PZ port forward settings on the pc you are hosting from hope this helps

ON RESET and Previous Characters!!

if using a save from previous game you may need to run around map a bit to update the map cell with the reset!!!

or start a new Character!! or items will not appear in boxes as your character save does not update a previous cell for an old save until you leave the map cell again and come back to it.

sadly bedford map has become corrupted in places. Two blocks of buildings are now grass land as well as a large area of trees i can not fix this without a reset as all player builds will be lost. So i think that it would be best to completely re-install game and bedford when i next reset as there is still a very large part of bedford  left  as normal and i don,t want to up set the players that have built fantastic bases in bedford and through out map

area affected is from dinner10 to the Taylor's but the road you enter bedford on and the center to millitory base is un-affected so most of the town is ok

i am sorry all iv realized that putting server on to Whitelisted means if i turn server off it wont come back on again i have fixed the campfire bug but the server had to restart everything is working now and as i  will not b able to turn server off on until next reset in 2 weeks time as it wont start up again they need to fix these issues and it has been a frustrating 24 hours after the cheat hackers got on to server but all will be smooth now with any luck

as frustrating as it is   it was important that the campfires work as they are needed for cooking and long term survivel

Hey I forgot to give a reason when I sent my username and password for a placement on the server :s

Here it is:
Reason for wanting to join: Just to have fun playing the multiplayer feature of project zomboid because I don't have any friends that play project zomboid. I would Like to possibly make new friends here, and learn a bit more about the game itself :)

Sorry I forgot to give a reason in the last message I sent you.
Thanks - Simon