MODs updated to (probably) work with build 30

DrHorribleMDPhD

So I spent some time and updated a few mods to work with build 25. I figure a few people out there might get some use out of them before they are officially updated at least. I have gotten the following mods working:

BasseriDriedFruit (link, removed until permission received. Updated version posted here anyway. Oh well.)

CraftHelper (link, all credit to the original author: peanuts and Omegapl. Removed since Omegapl's version is updated and works)

DestroyItems (Written by me. Special thanks to RoboMat for his mod tutorials)

HideBodies (link,credit to johndough. This was a very early version of his corpse mod found here before he added more items, chance of infection, etc)

KinyoshiModsPZTransmorpheringBatsMod (link, all credit to kinyoshi)

Recycling (link, all credit to Ramibuk)

RMLockpickingMod (link, all credit to RoboMat)

RMUnpackBags (link, all credit to RoboMat)

RMUtility (link, all credit to RoboMat)

WoodenDowels (link, all credit to Onkeen. Out of date. Some newer items not available for construction.)

Yet Another Weapon Mod (link, all credit to NCrawler. Spawn chances seem low. You may want to look into adjusting them.)

ZSpawn (link, all credit to Spyder638, dylan1313 and EcentriCreation. Out of date. Newer items not included and trying to wield a molotov cocktail caused my game to crash. That's what happens when you spawn an item that isn't really supported by the current version of the game though. Basic item spawning seems to work fine. Removed since Necro Forge seems better and more up to date, though still pretty dead at this point.)

Lots of text to follow. TLDR: No rights reserved. Credit to the original authors. No guarantees anything will work.

DestroyItems was a script I made (after basically stealing it from a guide RoboMat wrote. Thanks RM!). I was ending up with a huge number of useless broken items after surviving for long periods of time (first world zombie apocalypse problems, I know) and I wanted a way to just get rid of them. I used to make a fire pit and put them inside it and put it out (role playing like I was burying them) but that doesn't work anymore. With the recycling mod and eventually composting hopefully that will be a thing of the past for me. For now though just select any number of items or item stacks, right click, select destroy item(s), and they are gone forever. I have it set up so bags are ignored and won't be deleted to avoid unfortunate accidents as well, because who wants to delete bags with (potentially) all their stuff in them? Just to avoid any responsibility I will say I don't guarantee that to work (even though it most definitely should), so be careful too just to be sure.

HideBodies was something johndough wrote that removes zombie bodies so I can maintain some semblance of my ocd composure and keep my safe house corpse free. The blood still gets to me but something is better than nothing. Just right click a corpse and you should get an option to hide it.

ANYWAY, wall of text aside, all credit goes to the original authors of course. Hopefully they don't mind my modifications. It was mostly just moving files into their respective client or server folders. I haven't tested everything so no guarantees they will all work perfectly. I have also not tested anything with multiplayer (and I have no idea how MP modding works) so these are provided without any guarantee or warranty.

If anyone would like to adjust other mods that I have not included, try putting the lua folder in a folder called 'client'. Any mod that adds new items to the world itself (like the recycling mod) would need the part of the file that adds those items to the SuburbsDistributions and has a require "Items/SuburbsDistribbutions"; line (or any similar line for other map areas) in a folder called 'server' instead of 'client'.

Well that is more than enough typing. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help. I have links to the mods below that shouldn't die anymore. Enjoy  :-)

External links:

DestroyItems

HideBodies

Kinyoshi's Transmorphering Bats Mod

Recycling

RMLockpickingMod

RMUnpackBags

RMUtility

Wooden Dowels

Yet Another Weapon Mod

Edit: looks like that file upload size limit is pretty rigid. How smart of them :) Please use the external link for any I couldn't attach. I'll upload the rest here if there is interest, I can figure out how to do it, and it is allowed.

Edit #2: I've removed links to mods I wasn't absolutely sure I had permission to post. I will see if I can get as many as I can back up shortly.

Edit #3: Recycling distributions weren't working. Fixed now.

Edit #4: Put the older mods back up with proper links and credit given, still working on permission for others :)

Edit #5: Added ZSpawn, YAW, and external links.

Edit #6: Added RoboMat's Lockpicking and Unpack Bags mod as he changed permission to "Credit where it's due"

Edit #7: Removed mods which are no longer necessary for me to maintain, fixed the download links, and removed the TIS forum hosted files since the new links shouldn't die on me. Most mods should still work with build 30, though I haven't tested much.

Edited by DrHorribleMDPhD

Oops sorry about that Enigma :oops: . I am not really active in the modding community itself so to be honest I never noticed those permission levels. Sorry! I'll work on getting permission on any that I can. Thanks for the heads up too. My fault for being less than diligent there.

Scorpio: Hmm I seemed to have toolboxes spawn just fine. I ended up finding quite a few of them actually. I will see if I can run some tests over the weekend. Maybe they were already spawned in my world before things broke.

Oops sorry about that Enigma :oops: . I am not really active in the modding community itself so to be honest I never noticed those permission levels. Sorry! I'll work on getting permission on any that I can. Thanks for the heads up too. My fault for being less than diligent there.

Scorpio: Hmm I seemed to have toolboxes spawn just fine. I ended up finding quite a few of them actually. I will see if I can run some tests over the weekend. Maybe they were already spawned in my world before things broke.

Actually it seems it's not only toolboxes. But alle the new loot (radios, leather clothes, etc.) although the recycling part works jsut fine.. Just the spawnables. I'm o_o

Hey scorpio. I found the problem and got it fixed. If you re-download the mod the loot tables should be applied correctly now. Unfortunately that means you will have to explore places you haven't explored yet or start a new world to find the new items. Sorry about that.

Hey scorpio. I found the problem and got it fixed. If you re-download the mod the loot tables should be applied correctly now. Unfortunately that means you will have to explore places you haven't explored yet or start a new world to find the new items. Sorry about that.

It's quite allright. As long as it works i'm happy. And YAY! You included "Yet another weapon mod". ^_^

Yes I don't personally use YAW or ZSpawn but hey you requested a weapon mod and ika requested a spawner so there you go :). The spawner is out of date so new items aren't in and I think the molotov crashes the game when you try to wield it, but it should get you the basics. I'm not going to go in and fix mods I don't use at this point. I definitely don't have time to take on responsibility for maintaining all these mods completely. Anyway, enjoy :)

One thing i realised after testing it a little bit is that the throwing mechanic in the recycling mod doesn't seem to work for me. :/ Or maybe i'm just too stupid to figure it out. :P (The throw gets charged but i cant actually throw something, only charge and cancel).

thank you for updating the YAW mod, it's Tomahawk "axe" and combat knife are my weapons of choice any time i can use them. and the ALICE packs are very handy to have, largest carrying capacity i have seen anywhere.

so far.

Thanks much man! I realy love those mods.. i have been using them on build 23 actually and they seem to work (aside for xbow weapon which doesn't shoot despite i load them with the right mouse button till force is at "100").

Scorpio: I think the throwing mechanic in the recycling mod might just not really work in general. Not sure on that though. I can look at it if I have time, but as I said I'm not really going to be maintaining the mods themselves.

Cremo: The xbow is from the recycling mod I think. Never tried it myself so I don't know if it actually works or not.

SolariZ: If the mod is getting loaded correctly you should just get an option to hide the body when you right click on a zombie's corpse. No bleach or any other items are required.

The Recycle mod is missing textures. Only shows ? .

If you can, i would love to see Play With It mod by kinyoshi, Natural Clock Mod by Thuztor, and Professional Professions mod by Japer updated for build 25!!

EDIT: Ok the Textures looks like its working now.

what doesn't work for you? need details before we can try to help.

which mod?

Lemme check again - I maybe have put it in a wrong folder. oh btw next time quote my post to ring my bell.  (fedora)

Edit:

I have activated the "Yet Another Weapon Mod" in the mod loader and nothing has been replaced. The 9mm pistol, shotgun and shotgun shells were still in the game.

Edited by PZFanatic

Thanks RoboMat!

what doesn't work for you? need details before we can try to help.

which mod?

Lemme check again - I maybe have put it in a wrong folder. oh btw next time quote my post to ring my bell.  (fedora)

Edit:

I have activated the "Yet Another Weapon Mod" in the mod loader and nothing has been replaced. The 9mm pistol, shotgun and shotgun shells were still in the game.

PZFanatic: Hmm I tested that mod and it seemed to work just fine. Did you start a new world or apply it to an existing one? If you turned it on for an existing world anything you had already explored would still have the original weapons in any containers, and weapons you had already found would still be the old versions as well. All this mod does is change the loot distribution. You would have to explore new places to find any of the new mod items. I would suggest starting a new world (if you hadn't already) to start with, at least as a test.

PZFanatic: Hmm I tested that mod and it seemed to work just fine. Did you start a new world or apply it to an existing one? If you turned it on for an existing world anything you had already explored would still have the original weapons in any containers, and weapons you had already found would still be the old versions as well. All this mod does is change the loot distribution. You would have to explore new places to find any of the new mod items. I would suggest starting a new world (if you hadn't already) to start with, at least as a test.

I already did that but nothings changed.