Troubles Loading PZ lua Project in IntelliJ 3.1.1?

ExcentriCreation

I wasn't sure where to post this due to the fact that:

A: I've already figured out a workaround

B: It has more to do with Resources than actual modding

I'm not entirely certain weather its due to IntelliJ 3.1.1, the new lua filesystem for Zomboid or just the IWBUMS version 25.2 but I am having issues opening the Zomboid lua project. After opening project lua, I am given an error stating:

Error Loading Project: Cannot load module lua

When looking at the details of this error, you are given a window stating:

Cannot load module file 'C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\lua.iml':
File C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\lua.iml does not exist
Would you like to remove module 'lua' from the project?

Now obviously this is because lua.iml is in ....\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\server\lua.iml
However, you can still get the project to load properly if you import module zomboid.iml from ....\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\zomboid.iml. At this point the project will work correctly but you will still be given another error stating:

Unknown Module Type
Cannot determine module type ("LUA_MODULE") for the following module:"zomboid"
The module will be treated as a Unknown module.

Am I the only one having issues with this? Does anyone have any further information as to why this is occurring?

I've used IntelliJ before but it was a bit clunky with Lua in my opinion. Same with Eclipse and the like.  Lua doesn't really need an IDE.

If you are looking for a great alternative editor for Lua I very highly recommend Sublime Text. I've used it extensively for Lua, including CGILua (Lua-based web scripting) and LuaSS (a custom Lua-based CSS pre-processor I made including a custom build script), and complete custom admin/gameplay/mod systems for other games I've hosted servers for.

It has support for projects, multiple selections/editing, a ton of cusomization/themes, basic autocomplete, and it's insanely fast. Also it's cross-platform and trial version is free forever without limitations. You can find syntax highlighting for just about any programming/scripting/markup language you can think of. The first thing I'd recommend doing is installing the "Lua Dev" plugin for automatic, on-the-fly syntax checking.

I've tried many different editors/IDEs for Lua, but Sublime Text is hands down the best I've used so far. And since I'm constantly switching between Linux and Windows, I need one that's cross-platform, and this one fits the bill perfectly for me.

Just thought I would share, since I've run into quite a few coders that still hadn't heard of it.  Of course, as always, it's important to use whatever works best for you.

I haven't messed with git, but I know it works with remote directories and such. It has a large community too, so if git isn't directly supported I'd be willing to bet there's a plugin for it.

Hadn't seen Glider before, thanks for sharing that. Looks like it has some fancy features, but doesn't mention any Linux support unfortunately. The downside of full featured IDE's for modding is that they don't have references to the functions provided by the game and so they'll raise flags for stuff that isn't defined. Unless of course you can add those definitions. Really just a simple syntax editor is all you need for modding projects.

• 3 weeks later...