Fire

Javakotka

If you add fire into the game, why not add a way to extinquish it as well? I had an oven on for under an hour and the house was on fire. How does an electric oven without nothing in it do that? All my progress was literally burnt down to the ground, even if I had a firetruck I couldn't extinquish the fire either.

Well, I am not so sure that the ovens are electric. The models would indicate that they are not, I am pretty sure the game mechanics shut the ovens off with electricity, but the gas and electricity could be a packaged deal. Anyway, both electric and gas ovens have a chance to catch fire, I assure you. Certainly, it would not happen with such consistency in the real world as in PZ, but, electric and gas ovens alike can burn baby burn.

I would almost want to say that electric stoves would actually be more prone to catch fire.. electric currents getting under or over volted could easily ignite a stove, whereas gas can't really get messed up as easily. It would take a physical tear in the tubing, etc. Whereas with an electric oven, loose wiring or even dust in the wrong place could set it off.

I am no electrician or gasologist?! but,. just my humble opinion

My missus set the oven on fire the other day. Fun times, she froze in panic and I had to leap to the rescue. I'm such a hero like that.

Anyhoo, there is already a post about fire extinguishers active right now. In fact, it's currently on the front page of this very suggestions forum, so nip by, like, approve etc if you support a way to extinguish, as mentioned in the OP.

Please use the search function, read the stickies and obey the rules

Welcome to the forum =)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7003-fire-extinguisher/

I did know there was a fire-extinquisher topic but that seems like it's mainly for that one item, so I made my own.

My missus set the oven on fire the other day. Fun times, she froze in panic and I had to leap to the rescue. I'm such a hero like that.

Anyhoo, there is already a post about fire extinguishers active right now. In fact, it's currently on the front page of this very suggestions forum, so nip by, like, approve etc if you support a way to extinguish, as mentioned in the OP.

I did know there was a fire-extinquisher topic but that seems like it's mainly for that one item, so I made my own.