Increasing Zombie Count

Loki

Hey folks,

I know this information must be around here somewhere but I think I may have overlooked it. Was wonderin' if someone could help me out.

I'm looking to increase the zombie count on my server. How exactly do I do so?

you can just launch the server propertiers "program" which you can find in the Zomboid folder, and adjust the quantity, or otherwise manually spawn the hordes by entering as admin and typing /createhorde XXX where XXX is a number :)

I'm interested in this too for my own server, i've found the PZServerSettings where do i save it?

you can just launch the server propertiers "program" which you can find in the Zomboid folder, and adjust the quantity, or otherwise manually spawn the hordes by entering as admin and typing /createhorde XXX where XXX is a number :)

I am using Putty and WinSCP to access my server files.  I cannot access the file you speak of to alter it. It comes up only as a bunch of code. 

Any ideas?

I think Loki is running a Linux box, PZserverSettings won`t help you in this case i think (if I remember correctly this tool for windows just changes the settings in the file below using a nice little GUI) You need to edit that sandboxsomething.xlm file, reload / restart  server and you`re good.

Let me get the file name / location. Worked for me.

/edit Loki have a look at the SandboxVars.lua file when you connect to your server using WinSCP. Can`t give you the exact path atm but maybe somebody can help.

I think Loki is running a Linux box, PZserverSettings won`t help you in this case i think (if I remember correctly this tool for windows just changes the settings in the file below using a nice little GUI) You need to edit that sandboxsomething.xlm file, reload / restart  server and you`re good.

Let me get the file name / location. Worked for me.

/edit Loki have a look at the SandboxVars.lua file when you connect to your server using WinSCP. Can`t give you the exact path atm but maybe somebody can help.

Found the file and changed the values of the zombie settings. I restarted VPS and initialized server but upon logging in it appears to be the same. Do you think a hard reset may be necessary in order for these changes to take affect?

No a reset should not be required, just a restart of the server, maybe even a reload command in the console is sufficient but not sure about that..mmm let me check, i remember checking so many files lol.

I've figured it out.  In your SERVERSIDE files, you need to access projectzomboid/media/lue/shared/sandbox  Or something very similar to that, and change the file you speak of there.

It worked for it, tested multiple times.

No a reset should not be required, just a restart of the server, maybe even a reload command in the console is sufficient but not sure about that..mmm let me check, i remember checking so many files lol.

I've figured it out.  In your SERVERSIDE files, you need to access projectzomboid/media/lue/shared/sandbox  Or something very similar to that, and change the file you speak of there.

Good that it worked!, that`s why I said "/edit Loki have a look at the SandboxVars.lua file when you connect to your server using WinSCP." WINSCP = server. Changing it locally won`t do much for other players, people connecting to your server :D

What kind of setting you running now Loki?

Good that it worked!, that`s why I said "/edit Loki have a look at the SandboxVars.lua file when you connect to your server using WinSCP." WINSCP = server. Changing it locally won`t do much for other players, people connecting to your server :D

Running Fst Shamblers, on High quantity. Tough, Pinpoint Hearing & smell.

Need to figure out Soft Reset now.

I'm going to start looking into the issue of soft reset and see what I can turn up.

I'm going to start looking into the issue of soft reset and see what I can turn up.

We got it working for like 60-70% but still some issues, either no loot on different parts of the map, or coats / clothing everywhere instead of the loot defined for the rooms etc.

The person who can get me / the community a 100% soft-reset for Linux will be rewarded in gold!

I will wash your car for 11 years if you can find something Connall !!

what did you change the numbers too? I set my zombie pop to 4. and then I logged in and didnt see any zombies

I believe they scale backwards. Where as 1 is insane amount of zombies, and 5 is none.  You can pull up a sandbox creation to use as reference when changing these values. That's what I did.   The numbers essentialy just mark their places in the dropdown windows.

what did you change the numbers too? I set my zombie pop to 4. and then I logged in and didnt see any zombies

I believe they scale backwards. Where as 1 is insane amount of zombies, and 5 is none.  You can pull up a sandbox creation to use as reference when changing these values. That's what I did.   The numbers essentialy just mark their places in the dropdown windows.

I am wanting to have no zombies on my map as my friends and I are trying to look around the map without any hassle to find a place to make a base, as the PZ map doesn't actually let us see inside the buildings so we don't know if it is good to create a base and hold up there. If your suggestion works Loki I will love you as I have spent hours Googling!

I am wanting to have no zombies on my map as my friends and I are trying to look around the map without any hassle to find a place to make a base, as the PZ map doesn't actually let us see inside the buildings so we don't know if it is good to create a base and hold up there. If your suggestion works Loki I will love you as I have spent hours Googling!

You just need to make sure you're editing the correct file in the correct directory. And it WILL work.

You just need to make sure you're editing the correct file in the correct directory. And it WILL work.

After it is changed do you need to soft reset it, I have changed it.