PZServerList

Xyphien

post-10816-0-59126200-1395953592_thumb.p (Image doesn't display if I click upload image, and when I add image attachment it is this small. Not sure why :( )

http://pzserverlist.us/ is the first server top list out that I'm aware of. This allows you to have your members go, and vote on your server while ranking you higher into the ranks. The higher you're ranks are, the more members and views you will get for your server. 

PZServerList has the option to add your URL to your website, IndieStone forum post, ect. for your server which will get you even more traffic. It's as easy as joining, and filling out the information. Send your members to it for views, raitings, ect. and watch the members of your Project Zomboid server grow.

The reason this was created was due to the fact that I googled thinks like "Project Zomboid Servers" "Project Zomboid Server List" and lots more, and could barely find any servers that works, nor did I find any website on google that had more than 2-3 servers on it. The steam forums had none, and TheIndieStone.com wasn't even listed among them. Also, I made sure to have a link to ProjectZomboid.com in the 'cool links' section :)

REMEMBER

You get higher rank if you send users to your post on the site, as well as using the link provided after making an account and putting it on any website to send users over. This is how you vote for the site. You can send them manually to your post and have them click the vote button. Regardless of how they vote, this is how you gain ranks on the site, and get higher up.

Due to many new members not knowing how to rank higher, as well as lots of other questions I've added a FAQ page. Which tells you the best ways to get ranked, what In's Out's, ect. are, and lots of other things. I have also tied in the About Us page into the FAQ to lower the navigation menu a bit.

End of the week Reward:

Seeing as we're new, and want to get more people interested, or more active we're hosting an end of the week contest. The server that is in the first spot will receive a FREE week of premium membership, a free 31x88 banner to use once your Premium runs out, as well as a 60x468 banner to display for the premium membership. All created by me, and for you to use for free for as long as you're apart, and active on PZServerList.

This will run through 4/17/2014 at 9PM EST. The person in first on the server list by then will win. Get promoting, and get voting!

http://pzserverlist.us/?a=page&id=faq

I like it mate, good potential if its pushed to make PZ servers easy to rank and pick a good one. Only thing I'd say is that it needs a bit of polishing and link URL checking with the "Cool Links" the PZ link is missing the .com pal.

I like it mate, good potential if its pushed to make PZ servers easy to rank and pick a good one. Only thing I'd say is that it needs a bit of polishing and link URL checking with the "Cool Links" the PZ link is missing the .com pal.

It's still very early. I'm going to make it less... yeah... XD Also, thanks, will be fixing the .com now :)

Edit: I have made it look at lot better in my opinion. I've changed it from a dark, grungy, hard to read site, into a nice looking off blue site.

This thread needs more views from the server owners / admins :) Would be nice to have a list of say the top 10 servers, which are active, populated etc.

Nice job.

Thank you so much for supporting the idea :) I'm thinking about creating a 468x60 (Classic banner) banner for the first five people who add their server to the list, and get their ranks up.

I tried putting my server in the list but some reason i can`t pass that "type in the security letter, digits". Even when I type in all the numers etc correctly, it keeps telling me it`s incorrect (maybe i have hard time reading the picture lol).

Will give it another try today.

I tried putting my server in the list but some reason i can`t pass that "type in the security letter, digits". Even when I type in all the numers etc correctly, it keeps telling me it`s incorrect (maybe i have hard time reading the picture lol).

Will give it another try today.

I just gave it a try, and it worked for me :) Make sure for the text you enter "project zomboid" and not Project Zomboid. For some reason it's case sensitive.

What I think it needs used slots and non-used slots. Or is it always unlimited? I don't know, I've never hosted for PZ. Sorry if I sound ignorant. :)

I'm not able to do that as I'm not really sure how to entitle the website to check the server and see if it's online, offline, or how many people it has and who is on it yet. As the site gets bigger, and the multiplayer is actually out, I'll probably see if a member of the community would be able to help me with this part :)

Thank you for the suggestion though :D

Gave it another go, nwo the website times out for me every time I hit finish :D. Will try later. Thanks Xyphien

/edit, guess you`re busy with the www, i now get the index / ftp of that site :)

It is up now for the most part :D I was transfering over to a new, and sleeker look for the website :) It runs a lot smoother, and also has a voting screen now when linking users to the website. This way you can actually gain up ranks, rather than requiring them to click on your link to go to the site, to then have to click on your site in the list. 

Other words, I made it easier for everyone, and looking better than before :)

It should now be fully functional.

Update: I have also added more categories. Such as PVP, PVE, Roleplay, and other.

I think that it needs too be more "organized." I know that it was just created, but this is a little 'bit confusing. I am pretty good @ Php, HTML, CSS, etc. So if you need any extra help, then hmu in a PM. :)

Mind explaining what needs to be organized? It lists the sites by most voted, and that's all you really need in a top server site right? :D

It's still very early. I'm going to make it less... yeah... XD Also, thanks, will be fixing the .com now :)

Edit: I have made it look at lot better in my opinion. I've changed it from a dark, grungy, hard to read site, into a nice looking off blue site.

The theme is much better than the first one you picked pal, might be in your interest to get in touch with one or more of the devs see about incorporating your site more into the community. Get your site stickied or linked into the home page if they let it and you ould follow their theme or colour scheme? Just an idea and of course if they allow and want it.

I think that it needs too be more "organized." I know that it was just created, but this is a little 'bit confusing. I am pretty good @ Php, HTML, CSS, etc. So if you need any extra help, then hmu in a PM. :)

I'd agree with this the formatting for example i though there was 3 servers listed on the left hand colum, there is however only 2 but one has a HUGE name than spans over 4 lines think about including a character cut off after so many characters to kep things in line? Another mis type lol Ranking "m"ethod, needs a capital M lol dont mean to nit pick

I'd also try and include an actual homepage to your site, perhaps with a general insight into Project Zomboid what it is how to get it then Navigation bar link to the servers? Then people who come there know what the servers are for and if they havent heard or played PZ they might be persueded to join in, after all it is a community site.

The theme is much better than the first one you picked pal, might be in your interest to get in touch with one or more of the devs see about incorporating your site more into the community. Get your site stickied or linked into the home page if they let it and you ould follow their theme or colour scheme? Just an idea and of course if they allow and want it.

I'd agree with this the formatting for example i though there was 3 servers listed on the left hand colum, there is however only 2 but one has a HUGE name than spans over 4 lines think about including a character cut off after so many characters to kep things in line? Another mis type lol Ranking "m"ethod, needs a capital M lol dont mean to nit pick

I'd also try and include an actual homepage to your site, perhaps with a general insight into Project Zomboid what it is how to get it then Navigation bar link to the servers? Then people who come there know what the servers are for and if they havent heard or played PZ they might be persueded to join in, after all it is a community site.

First thing, I'd love to have this stickied, ect. I'll go ahead and contact them today :) The only problem about making my site look like this one, is TIS didn't make this theme, it's a paid theme for IPB, and due to the owners copyright I wouldn't be able to copy what they have. Though I could make something similar, the copyright is still there :/

I'll go and add a character limit, there is one, but it's 255 which is really high. I'll lower it down to 50 or something so it fits on one line.

I'll go into the code and fix the lower case m thanks :)

On the old site I had a link to Project Zomboid, and the forums, but never got around to adding it on the new site :) Thanks for reminding me, and also thanks for the opinion/help!

EDIT: Fixed Ranking method to Ranking Method. I have also added a link to the forums, as well as projectzomboid.com which should cover most of the negatives you have depicted in this post <3

Mind explaining what needs to be organized? It lists the sites by most voted, and that's all you really need in a top server site right? :D

Not being critical or anything here but, it just looks a little "messy".

Hello, and sorry for not writing back. I have been at my families for the weekend, and up till now. They do not have a computer, nor internet. Any way, I have to go to MEPS on Thursday, and need to get ready for that, so I'll be updating it hopefully after that.

After a lot of work, and complete stupidity, I've finally made it so you can only have a 36 character title, this way the site looks cleaner, and there are not three rows of characters from overly long names. People, add pvp, server ip, ect. in the description, make a title based on what you want your server to be called. This is why we have a description, and a title option.

I have also have re-added the description limit from 36 (Meant to have that for the title, but for some reason changed the description instead) to 255.

End of the week Reward:

Seeing as we're new, and want to get more people interested, or more active we're hosting an end of the week contest. The server that is in the first spot will receive a FREE week of premium membership, a free 31x88 banner to use once your Premium runs out, as well as a 60x468 banner to display for the premium membership. All created by me, and for you to use for free for as long as you're apart, and active on PZServerList.

This will run through 4/17/2014 at 9PM EST. The person in first on the server list by then will win. Get promoting, and get voting!