BUG controller xbox one S

JessicaBorges

Question

Hello, Could anyone help me? I have a Mac Mojave 10.14 and the game works perfectly.

However when installing an Xbox One controller (from github) the game closes/crashes due to an interaction/activation of Steam to infinitely create a "steam virtual gamepad" item.

print attached, thanks.

Captura de Tela 2024-06-02 às 18.49.35.png

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Beard said:

Can you link the github page? And can you explain why you need to install a controller from github? Are you trying to virtualize it on your keyboard?

my macOS (mojave10.14) doesn't recognize the xbox controller so I had to install a driver from github... I'm not trying to use anything virtual, it seems like Steam is the one telling the game that it has infinite virtual gamepads and then it crashes closing the game. 

https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases 

obs: I'm using the Xbox One controller with USB

I am not sure I can specifically help in that case. Does the controller itself work fine in Steam Big Picture game? Have you tried enabling the XBox support option in the controller options?

7 hours ago, Beard said:

I am not sure I can specifically help in that case. Does the controller itself work fine in Steam Big Picture game? Have you tried enabling the XBox support option in the controller options?

So, just now I deleted the driver and tested using the control via Bluetooth and the same error occurs, but this time I managed to test it in another game and the control works normally... then when pz closed, I managed to save the error log, I'll send it here, maybe you who understand this thing will find the error :(

error project zomboid.docx

It is possible that the issue may be related to the Mac OS version, is it possible to update?
The XBox controller should not need any drivers either, perhaps the github install would cause an issue, have you managed to do a full uninstall of all the driver leftovers?