Cooking progress bar removed

Kurruk

Again with simple suggestion.

Progress bar for cooking an item should be removed, at least for the first (few) level(s) and be similar to water level for the plant. I think that player would have to be forced to check the food condition more often at the beginning and later on see the progress bar that will tell him how long will it take and if he has some time to saw these logs or go and grab a cooking book from the house or it would be a waste of time (and food).

Like no, planting crops is a specialized skill. Dont know anyone who is an adult who cant figure out when something they're cooking is finished.

I do - just like I know ppl who can cook, but have trouble making pancakes.

Uh this is one of those things where we have to choose between a gameplay aspect and reality.

I don't know about any of you but at my age (16) I tend to know when food is done by the smell or just some sick instinct I have.

In this game where none of that applies I don't think immersion will break too much for a little progress bar to prevent headaches.

That is why I was opting for a textual description of ready or not, you can also look at icon and see when it changes from normal to cooked. As with the water level and plants - the easiest approach would be to show it all the way, because ppl can stick the finger into the ground and know if it's moist or not.

I would have no trouble cooking most of the stuff - since I was "helping" in kitchen when I was young, but even still there are meals that I wouldn't know require more cooking time, if I haven't learnt about it. There are ppl who are adults and they would probably burn the house trying to boil the water. We are talking here about an average Joe. So if there is something in farming (like water level) dependant on the skill, then it should be similar with cooking.

Currently cooking doesn't give you any bonus or requirement when preparing meals... and that will soon change. So I came up with one proposition to make it more tight with its skill. 

No one has ever burned their house unless they left it while something is cooking or went to sleep. Woe be the poor fool he accomplishes that while standing by the oven or anywhere in his house. Also in real life you can just look at food and know when it's done. Even if you overcook it I can hardly see how you would burn it. The cooking bar doesn't even give you enough information for common sense levels, let alone taking it away. Unless I have a cooking skill of 4 of something and i'm just awesome.

I vote for textual indication. Of course this means more work for the devs and a waiting time.

Meanwhile I think it should be left alone as it would be too hard instead. Like a blind man cooking bacon  ;)

Good idea thou kurruk!