Operation Roboid

Nickenstein79

I thought I already had a WIP topic for this here, but it must be on the old IS site.

Well... It used to look like this, and induce migraines. And somebody's eye caught on fire because of too much ugly neon glare:

BUT Now it looks like this:

yapPxjz.jpg

QOc9gGL.jpg

Sorry for not mentioning it for so long, but it's taken quite a while to get it beyond the "too embarrassing to show off" stage. 

The design premise has also evolved a lot too.

Are there any budding 3D modelers or 2D UI artists out there who would like to help? Doing all of the code and art (shitty coder art) is becoming a little bit much for me.

I'm quite looking forward to making some new videos of it tomorow, because it is starting to look pretty damn slick in motion when everything works just right. :D (currently things are working ~80% of the time, but for the remaining ~20% of the time everything goes horrendously wrong, things catch on fire, and the robots pull their own heads off, like the bad prototypes in Robocop2. I spent 5 hours last night trying to make a 5-min video, on every attempt something went catastrophically wrong and ruined the entire vid. So I have some complicated fixing to do, then 'hopefully' some sweet videos will get made. 'Fingers crossed') ;)

Good luck, Nick!

Btw, I think that since you're almost ready to go really public, the title doesn't really suit the game anymore... since you mentioned to me that this is an island of discarded robots, how about something like "Reboot to Clunky Island" (a play on Return to Monkey Island ;) ), Junkbot Island, or something like that?  Something that emphasizes the building and/or island aspect :)

Good luck, Nick!

Btw, I think that since you're almost ready to go really public, the title doesn't really suit the game anymore... since you mentioned to me that this is an island of discarded robots, how about something like "Reboot to Clunky Island" (a play on Return to Monkey Island ;) ), Junkbot Island, or something like that?  Something that emphasizes the building and/or island aspect :)

The working title in my head right now is "Broken Robots". ;)

Are you just looking for 3D models, or do you need said models Rigging and Skinning aswell?

I want to talk and collaborate with an artist before I could answer that question properly. Currently the world is made from an amalgamation of tiles and assets I have hand built (badly), combined with landscape features that are generated purely from code.

Very cool!

I'm interested in 2D UI creation.

But I have not much practice in 3D. :)

Well I'm just dreadful at 2D UI stuff. If you're interested at having a crack at menu/icon graphics then that would be cool. (As you know I'm already a big fan of your very very German sense of humor.)  ;D

Well I'm just dreadful at 2D UI stuff. If you're interested at having a crack at menu/icon graphics then that would be cool. (As you know I'm already a big fan of your very very German sense of humor.)  ;D

I have a very very German sense of humor?

I always thought, that my humor is Greenlandic. :D

Maybe you can explain to me the difference between German and English humor in detail. :)

And if you want, you can add me in Skype, if you want. So we can talk about the UI stuff and your game.

But I have to go to a coffee/tea party first. :D

Maybe you can explain to me the difference between German and English humor in detail. :)

And if you want, you can add me in Skype, if you want. So we can talk about the UI stuff and your game.

The difference is: Germans have humor, English people...not so much :D(just kidding obviously)

I'd say the difference is that English people laugh when it is not funny to spare your feelings and Germans don't laugh when it is funny to spare your feelings lol.

Might have been a very nice way of saying you're not funny.

We're not really known for our "humour".

Might have been a very nice way of saying you're not funny.

We're not really known for our "humour".

I think, that is simple stereotyped thinking. :)

Just as many think, that germans wear lederhosen and dirndl, as in Bavaria.

Here are so many good comedians in germany.

Was is das is still the best France/German joke ever.

This is probably something French.

Was ist das denn? :D