Dry Towels

Saranis

One thing that has annoyed me is that a wet towel will never dry making the towels a one use item. This would be understandable if it were a paper towel, but dish towels and bath towels dry without much effort in real life. After searching for other mods that allow towels to dry and being unable to find any, I decided to put together one for myself. 

What this mod does is it takes your 'Wet Bath Towel' or 'Wet Dish Towel' and dries it so you have a new functional 'Bath Towel' or 'Dish Towel' that can then be used to dry yourself off after getting caught in the rain. The importance of this is its possible to get sick when wet and the longer you wait to dry yourself off the more chance you have of contracting an illness.

Changelog:

v2. Ability to "Wring Wet Towels" into water containers (bottles, mugs, pots...)

v1. Added ability to "Dry Towels"

Download Here

what do you use a wet towel for

You don't use wet towels for anything, thats the problem. Once a towel becomes wet its useless. What this mod does is it takes that wet towel and drys it giving you a new useable towel. Sorry if I wasn't clear on this. I'll edit the OP.

Makes sense. Well done.

If possible to alter the amount of units the water fills I would. I could take a soaking wet towel (which it wouldn't be from drying off) and wring it out completely dry & not fill up a bucket. Towels should provide a certain # of units of water. Dish towels a little less.

Makes sense. Well done.

If possible to alter the amount of units the water fills I would. I could take a soaking wet towel (which it wouldn't be from drying off) and wring it out completely dry & not fill up a bucket. Towels should provide a certain # of units of water. Dish towels a little less.

True and I thought of that before, I'm working on figuring out how I can do it for the next version but no promises. I'll do what I can to make it happen though.

Sorry for the late replies.

Does this work on 25a the secret IWBUMS version? Also will this work Multiplayer?

Yes will this world in MP if  all the connecting players + server have this file?

Does this work on 25a the secret IWBUMS version? Also will this work Multiplayer?

It should work on 25a/b/and c, No it will not work on Multiplayer yet. As far as I know the only mods that work on multiplayer are those that overwrite the base game. The Indie Stone has talked about possibly adding Mod support to Multiplayer in the future but right now this will only work in single player.

Does the water gained scale with how wet you are? I think you could set up some kind of conversion where x wetness will yield y water, perhaps making it exponential so that it has a limit

I wish it did, I'm looking for how to do this but am having no luck in finding how. I intend to get this working in the future.

Hmm... Are you able to set new variables for vanilla items? Perhaps give the towel a vaariable value (I'll call this wetTowel for now) between 0 and 3, where 0 is dry and 3 is soaked. Then, have wetTowel values depending on how wet the player character is (So for example, if the player has the first level of wetness, when they use the towel have wetTowel set itself to 1. A wetness level of 1 would correspond to water gained being 25% or something)

I hope this helps, it has been a while since I've used Lua for programming; I've been focusing on learning syntax for the ETC Ion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...