Playing custom maps on sandbox?

Pridelost

I assume you are trying to play your own map? If so;

This happened to me when I was testing a custom profession in the base game, and what I figured it to be was the spawn points.
It seemed to load the map and everything dandy, but it just hanged, so I would recommend checking your spawn points.

Spawnpoints never seemed to work for me when creating maps, but I just spammed a lot of them and I could run around in sandbox + Last Stand mode with my custom map

So you're saying to create a lot of spawnpoints? I think my error is in transfering the code created by WorldEd into the games spawning code. I'll give it a try today when I can, thank you. 

Although I fear the spawning method is beyond me right now as it deals with putting code in the right way. 

Here is the link to my main spawn point question. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7168-difficulty-with-spawn-points/

I understand WorldEd creates spawnpoints.lua. You choose the location and it saves it every time you save the map. Its a matter of putting it into maincreationmethods.lua from what I understand. Are you saying I can just put it in with Dreadwood when I save it to the maps section?

Here is the link to my main spawn point question. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7168-difficulty-with-spawn-points/

I understand WorldEd creates spawnpoints.lua. You choose the location and it saves it every time you save the map. Its a matter of putting it into maincreationmethods.lua from what I understand. Are you saying I can just put it in with Dreadwood when I save it to the maps section?

Yes of course, you just place it in alongside your map and it works just fine.

My folder has; .lotheader, .lotpack, map.info, spawnpoints.lua, thumb.png and it runs fine for me.

That however is for survival/sandbox, but before they updated the game (back in build 23) I ran around my map in last stand mode too so it should work just fine. 

So excited to get home from class and try this out. Thank you guys!

Your welcome. 

If for some reason it doesn't work, I'm building a map at the moment and I'll test to get it working for last stand so I can help you figure out what's wrong on yours.