The Lake Water

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6723809978414699,0.0572099907112683,9.6

guess you could call the smaller bodies of water a lake, but the big one is the Ohio River

Ah, yeah. I hadn't really thought about those. A bit too far out of town to be memorable for me.

That, and referring to it as the lake, got me confused - like, there'd been a new large lake added near Muldraugh or something.

There's a lake?!?

I guess so, I never seen it in game either. I don't stray into the forest areas since I did that in my first play through, got lost, and than ended up dying from exhaustion and bleeding out from a million zombie scratches. Personally i don't use the online map tool, it would ruin the fun of exploring for me.

As far as collecting water from a lake, not sure thats the best idea. Sure it's "fresh water" but also can be contaminated seeing that it's not a running  like a river. I guess it would be better than dehydrating to death but it probably should make you sick if you don't boil it.

Yes they DID few changes to the map, like my old safehouse was totally reworked and moved back from the main road (closer to the forest): http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5202936725191271,0.20612256004262522,241.04733131923467

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you can collect water from the lake and either drink the dirty water or have to boil it beforehand?  If this is not already in the game than I think it would be a good idea.

Answering your question - no ATM, at least you weren't able to in the build 25a (haven't reached any of these places in current build). Eventually they will become a normal water source.

It would be nice to see it added because it would be exactly something I would do in an apocalypse. It's not a game breaker not having it though. 

This is what most colonists were doing back in a day, that's why most cities are located around river area, so I don't really see why it would be game breaking. I mean you are still able to live away from the water and survive, either going house by house with pots and gathering two-use water supply from them, or having a rain collector thingys, which won't change.

It would be nice to see it added because it would be exactly something I would do in an apocalypse. It's not a game breaker not having it though. 

This is what most colonists were doing back in a day, that's why most cities are located around river area, so I don't really see why it would be game breaking. I mean you are still able to live away from the water and survive, either going house by house with pots and gathering two-use water supply from them, or having a rain collector thingys, which won't change.

My english teacher would have a fit, doing a double "not".  I meant to say without it, is not a game breaker.  Adding it would be fine by me.

My english teacher would have a fit, doing a double "not".  I meant to say without it, is not a game breaker.  Adding it would be fine by me.

;-)

An MIT linguistics professor was lecturing his class the other day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. However, in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative remains a negative. But there isn't a single language, not one, in which a double positive can express a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

• 3 weeks later...

So is any of the standing water near West Point usable as a water source? I just relocated from Muldraugh's northern farm all the way to the cabin by the lake, and am significantly dismayed that I can't seem to fill my water bottle... it was one hell of a walk..

EDIT: "Western" farm, not northern. Me and my damned sense of direction.

I left my garbage bags behind for the exact reason that there was water, carried my potatoes instead of cabbages for longevity and only a single bottle of water. But did bring my entire library, several boxes of nails and ammunition, my only watering can, trowel and saw.

I wonder if West Point has a well anywhere...

I have 3 big ones and 4 small in my current save. My stored water just sits there too. I just wanted to use up the garbage bags and get some carpentry xp really. 3 really is enough, and could probably survive with just one or two if properly rationed.