build 25 food overhaul

Wolfen

Also in build 25.a

You can eat half a pot of soup like 10 times, I'm not the best at math... but something seems off with that.

I eventually ate all of it... but still.

The confusion comes from a fact that you are eating half of the content, not half of the pot. So you you expend it with triangle and eat half, it eat the half of pot, another half eats quarter (half of what was left), and so on ... yes I do find this new system confusing at times.

I do find it odd that a single box of cereal is good enough for a light snack when it should probably be worth several days worth of meals.

I have a friend at work that when he was cycling through Europe, in the morning he ate one box of cereal with milk and that was at times the only food he had for a day, the rest of the day cycling he was happy with drinking only water and didn't feel hungry. If you look at the box you will see that carbs are sufficient to keep you going for a day ;-)

just to point it out , wouldn't be cool if food in game would be actually accurate with calories , portions and weight ?

i also noticed that in the new build the flour last only 2 uses . its weight is 1 (1 what ? kg? pound? ) and even if there is only half of it left , it still weight 1 . wait there before u think i am crazy and pedant , cause i can be worse  :D

the version before (23) the flour lasted a lot more (6-7 usages?) and that made sense to me (roughly) 

tasty soup = steak (300 cal) + 100g flour ( 360 cal) + 100g sugar (380 cal) = a meal of roughly 1000 cal , eating twice in a day would cover the average daily requirements  

2000kcal enough for average days work ? yeah, if you work in a cubicle typing memos.

try that same diet working on a farm, killing hundreds of zombies with an axe or chopping wood the whole goddamn day.

the average human body needs at least 1500kcal each day just to keep functioning.

I agree that the whole food system , as great and fun it is with cooking and stuff, needs ...MORE

the nutritional value of food items need to be reconsidered, as well as weight and portion sizes and the amount of food taken on each meal.

(flour, milk, sugar , etc...)

the great thing is: they are working on it. 

oh and to the guy that know´s someone who ate a whole pack of cerial for breakfast: ouch. how was hs digestion ? 

I hope he drank LOADS of water also :-)

oh and to the guy that know´s someone who ate a whole pack of cerial for breakfast: ouch. how was hs digestion ? 

I don't know haven't asked him that - but he said that it was the first thing in the morning he had, the rest of the day he stayed on the water, which I assume he drank a lot, considering cycling and sweating. It wasn't every day - at least when he was going down south as he took a day or two every once in a while for sightseeing and all, but on his way back he was on the bike almost every day, from what I remember.

He's going for 5 months off work to cycle from France towards Finland and then get back Sweden (maybe Norway), so I'll probably will hear some new stories once he's back ;-)

2000kcal enough for average days work ? yeah, if you work in a cubicle typing memos.

try that same diet working on a farm, killing hundreds of zombies with an axe or chopping wood the whole goddamn day.

the average human body needs at least 1500kcal each day just to keep functioning.

I agree that the whole food system , as great and fun it is with cooking and stuff, needs ...MORE

the nutritional value of food items need to be reconsidered, as well as weight and portion sizes and the amount of food taken on each meal.

(flour, milk, sugar , etc...)

the great thing is: they are working on it. 

well my count was rough and based only on active metabolism , not counting basal which would be overkilling the subject since in that count u cant use the word "average" since every single person has his own basal metabolism , thus you should check so many varies that would make you crazy (or qualify yourself as a professional dietitian

anyway you got my point , a true survival game should count in the metabolism along with diseases and injuries

yeah. point noted ad your right. them poor devs. always torn between realism and game value.

too much realism tends to equal less fun playing. 

I mean it´s almost as managing the sims already with all thode moodles and stuff.