IWBUMS RELEASED - Build 25 v2 - With 3D MODELS!

lemmy101

Were the characters always swinging from their left or is it changed? I swear I've never noticed this before. :P

I have a few bugs which I must post also, This image is after jumping out of a bathroom upstairs in a house, taking no damage and the game then crashing.

hDv7Jhn.jpg?1

The specs are; OS: Windows 7 32 Bit CPU: Core2Quad Q8300 @2.5Ghz | GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670 GDDR 3 | RAM: 4GB | Resolution: 1680 x 1050. I don't think they matter but who knows.

Were the characters always swinging from their left or is it changed? I swear I've never noticed this before. :P

I have a few bugs which I must post also, This image is after jumping out of a bathroom upstairs in a house, taking no damage and the game then crashing.

The specs are; OS: Windows 7 32 Bit CPU: Core2Quad Q8300 @2.5Ghz | GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670 GDDR 3 | RAM: 4GB | Resolution: 1680 x 1050. I don't think they matter but who knows.

Check the users folder->zomboid for console.txt and add in to the bug report (might reveal an issue).

The 3D models almost give the game a new art style. I like it! :)

I messed around in Last Stand to get a good feel quickly. The framerate was so smooth.....at first. then the corpses piled up XD. That's to be expected, though. I'm pretty sure it's not because of the models. I kept messing with the settings to improve the framerate and switching to sprites didn't do any improvement, and if anything, the sprites made the FPS worse.

Short story shorter: The 3D models are awesome! 

Good work IndieStone!

The lighting is such an improvement too. I mean, damn. The line of sight is like 1:1 with the mouse now. And those animations....mmm. (really, all I can think to say is "mmm"? I'm running out of compliments. So little words, so much to say.) Is it just me, or do characters turn slower now? Not that it's a huge deal or nothing, just wondering.

The lighting is such an improvement too. I mean, damn. The line of sight is like 1:1 with the mouse now. And those animations....mmm. (really, all I can think to say is "mmm"? I'm running out of compliments. So little words, so much to say.) Is it just me, or do characters turn slower now? Not that it's a huge deal or nothing, just wondering.

Yes they do - so that you won't spin around and have 360 FOV - think it was reserved to one of the perks.

moving with knife cut some head? xD

I do not understand, what is your native language? Or could you perhaps rephrase?

Polish... When you move and stop moving with knife while sneaking there is collision knife with your head ;-)

I can't seem to get the server settings to save for me at all, I go to the folder it tells me to (Project Zomboid one), and it brings the "Pick your folder" screen right up again, unless it's supposed to do that. I tried in the Project Zomboid folder in my user list, and in steam.

It worked for me when I chose the output folder under settings first, instead of when it prompted me to after saving.

How do you choose the output folder, because I can't see a spot on where to find that. 

Whoops, may have found it...

Edited by Ledron

Made another quick release, which fixes a whole bunch of issues, and includes a big farming overhaul for multiplayer. Recommended you get it before continuing as there is the potential for save errors in the last build.

well, running task manager showed me what may be my problem, i only have 4GB of memory. between the game and back ground processes, i am averaging 2.95 GB in use. i just don't have the power to do what i want to do.

YET

my CPU, an older amd phenom II x4 955 @3.2 ghz only averages around 33%, all cores active when zoomed in. zoomed out, with zombies around, i hit a peak so far of 63%

Models look great, everything I was expecting & more :D

Nothing, really, to report that hasn't already been said. Though I did notice that some of the animations are wrong/not implemented yet. When walking, while aiming, knives are held behind their heads like 2H weapons & while standing still, without aiming, knives are held across the body with the offhand curled as if holding a 2H weapon.

Forgive me if I'm getting ahead of myself, but, am I to assume that your "3d models" are the output from an export script for Max/Blender? (I only really have experience with .OBJ, .NIF & .X) If so, any chance of us getting a look at it? Again, sorry to ask so soon but I'm kinda anxious to have a go at modding with them :D

Well this farming overhaul seems to have done something to the rain collectors, since they aint collecting rain.

Although the rain is properly watering ma crops now.

Gettin this spammed in the console window when it's raining.

receiveObjectModData: sq is null or index is invalid x,y,x=11615,9306,0 repeated with different cords depending on where i*ve played the collectors.

We'll get this fixed :)

Models look great, everything I was expecting & more :D

Nothing, really, to report that hasn't already been said. Though I did notice that some of the animations are wrong/not implemented yet. When walking, while aiming, knives are held behind their heads like 2H weapons & while standing still, without aiming, knives are held across the body with the offhand curled as if holding a 2H weapon.

Forgive me if I'm getting ahead of myself, but, am I to assume that your "3d models" are the output from an export script for Max/Blender? (I only really have experience with .OBJ, .NIF & .X) If so, any chance of us getting a look at it? Again, sorry to ask so soon but I'm kinda anxious to have a go at modding with them :D

We'll release the tools in good time. It's not an exporter from max/blender, but rather the tool loads in .x files and converts them to our format. Therefore there are .x exporters available for practically any modelling package you could think of.

In the meantime concentrate on getting a good .x exporter for whatever modeller you use and you'll be raring to go. :)

well, running task manager showed me what may be my problem, i only have 4GB of memory. between the game and back ground processes, i am averaging 2.95 GB in use. i just don't have the power to do what i want to do.

YET

my CPU, an older amd phenom II x4 955 @3.2 ghz only averages around 33%, all cores active when zoomed in. zoomed out, with zombies around, i hit a peak so far of 63%

We're planning on removing all the player sprites, assuming that we have 100% compatibility, and this should help this situation a great deal. Chances are the particular GPU on your 4GB PC shadows its video ram on the system memory.