IWBUMS RELEASED - Build 25 v2 - With 3D MODELS!

lemmy101

Warning: JOINING THIS BRANCH WILL COMPLETELY BREAK ANY SAVE COMPATIBILITIES. It was impossible to merge MP and SP and retain any save compatibility. As such, once this goes official onlinetest, prior IWBUMS (build25a) and build23 will be preserved in Steam branches for the foreseeable so people can continue games.

HOW DO I GET THIS? http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbms-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

We've moved the previous I Will Backup My Save (IWBUMS) build to build25a branch, if anyone wants / needs to continue using that for whatever reason. This will be standard practice now to avoid issues with breaking people's builds.

Changelist to come later (lots and lots of fixes, some additions - potentially a few new problems, but I myself have no complete list and will need to poke Easy in particular who has been Mr Fix Machine) but this build primarily has first public test of 3D models! Let us know how they get on. Some people may have to lower the zombie 3D count in options if its too gruelling on their PCs. Also expect further optimizations and compatibility fixes, so don't be alarmed if there is any performance issues or there are any issues with 3D - it's on this branch primarily to test! 

There are also a few issues with unconvincing blends between 2D sprites and 3D on the zombies if you don't have 'All' zombies in 3D set, colours of their clothes etc don't quite match etc. We will improve this in time.

PERMISSION TO VIDEO / STREAM GRANTED AS LONG AS YOU MAKE SURE THE BUILD SEEMS STABLE BEFORE YOU DO. :)

Would be nice to show off the 3D dudes and dudettes.

First test I'm seeing all the way steady 30 fps (no drops at all) even when fully zoomed out, loading chunks and dozens of zombies on screen. So even more improved fps for me! :) And the 3D looks awesome! (clyde)

specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
RAM:4G
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 640

EDIT:

wait, does that mean we can turn down the weather sounds (thunder) if we want to? not always, but sometimes it can scare the hell out of you when you don't expect it and are locked in battle, focused and concentrated on surviving.

You can adjust sound volume and music volume separately, but not more specific than that.

I've just loaded up my sandbox playthrough to have a quick look. My framerate's still solid, even when fully zoomed out at 1920x1080 near the town centre, and the animations look great too! A ton of my constructions seem to have disappeared, though. It might be all of them - I've not fully explored my map yet.

Specs:

Processor: Intel Quad Core Q8300

Ram: 4GB

Graphics: nVidia GTS450

Seems good so far! The 3D models almost make it feel like an entirely new experience! I'm very impressed with the work done.

Obviously bugs should be highlighted via the tracker but I gotta say my wife and I almost spat our dinner out laughing at the wonky leg on incapacitated zombies!

Not sure if I want it changed!  :twisted:

Seems good so far! The 3D models almost make it feel like an entirely new experience! I'm very impressed with the work done.

Obviously bugs should be highlighted via the tracker but I gotta say my wife and I almost spat our dinner out laughing at the wonky leg on incapacitated zombies!

Not sure if I want it changed!  :twisted:

Pic pls? :P Not aware of a wonky leg?

Hehe, created a new female random character to test the 3D(which is f. awesome!), got surrounded by a lot of zombies and tried to kill them with a kitchen knife, which of course wasn't very effective against that many zombies :P. After taking some hits, my character lost her hair and became bald, so I guess that the zombies gave me cancer or something, hehe :evil:  

I'm loving this 3D models, the movement now is really fluid. 

The 3D is looking good.The softwipe option seems to have disappeared, and the server settings only apply some settings - ignores the date (Haven't tested water and power). It also requires the user to find the save location manually again for the settings.

It looks seriously awesome and the audio controls are GREATLY appreciated over here.

Can't wait to boot up the server in an hour or two and give it a whirl.

The 3D is looking good.The softwipe option seems to have disappeared, and the server settings only apply some settings - ignores the date (Haven't tested water and power). It also requires the user to find the save location manually again for the settings.

It looks seriously awesome and the audio controls are GREATLY appreciated over here.

Did the softwipe work ok?

I deleted the batch as I didn't know if it'd ever gone public and I was worried it wasn't tested enough and didn't want to destroy anyone's MP worlds. If it was then it was in the last IWBUMS version by accident. Can put it back in if its confirmed working.

Did the softwipe work ok?

I deleted the batch as I didn't know if it'd ever gone public and I was worried it wasn't tested enough and didn't want to destroy anyone's MP worlds. Can put it back in if its confirmed working.

Ahh strange. I just read about it not fully working. I recall having to run it twice for it to work, but I would only log on to check and not actually play. I'd see zombies and everything was reset before logging back off, but still cannot confirm that it's working fully.

I should note I had some issues with disappearing zombies, and perhaps the softwipe was why. Though, again, they would always respawn after a wipe. I chalked it up to them walking away.

I fail to join sandbox, it just says "Loading..." so I'll try playing later.

Or.... post any errors and help us fix it? :P

Nothing in console. I hear the music, but it's still stuck on the loading screen.

Is this a new save?

I fail to join sandbox, it just says "Loading..." so I'll try playing later.

Or.... post any errors and help us fix it? :P

Nothing in console. I hear the music, but it's still stuck on the loading screen.

Is this a new save?

It's a new save and I've provided a console log for downloading in that post.