Slowing Down Time When Being Chased By Zed's

Bhodar

Hi everyone,

You can read the topic title for the suggestion or read the story down below.

I just started playing this game last evening (online) and me and the guy who were playing together got into the same god-damn situation twice.

Power went out, you get chased by zombies, you can barely make it to a "safe" house. It gets darker real quick, you barricade yourself in a small room and you suddenly hear the windows break and zombies coming in.

I can tell you how bad the feeling was of seeing the time go by while zombies keep knocking on your door wondering when they'll break in and you need to escape through a window...

BUT wouldn't it be so much worse (read: FRIGGING AWESOME) if time crept by soooooo much slower when you're being chased by zombies

The only was to do it on servers is to affect everyone (it's the easiest way)

A solution would be is to add it as a server option, so people would no what they're getting themselves into, before joining a server

You'll get faster and better at dodging zombies as time goes on, when I first started it was super hard to dodge zombies, now its not uncommon for me to run in the middle of a horde and get away without a scratch 60% of the time; welcome to the forums.

We dodged a lot of zombies while looting the city, but at night, I'd rather stay inside and barricade myself in a room and wait for the night to pass ;)

You're learning :P

Most of us don't do any looting at night time because of the ease with which zombies can sneak up on you. Wandering around outside is all well and good, but it takes frikking ages for a newly opened room to become visible indoors. Plus, we now how Zeke loves to hide in bathrooms...

Multiplayer's a bit of a different kettle of fish, seeing as you can't sleep, but the principle is the same as single player. Use the down time at night to farm crops, read, cook (three houses away on the other side of the street), build furniture, and so on. I found looting a flashlight essential in MP, as you eventually run out of things to do, so you might as well go looting (carefully). Failing that, a lighter gives off a surprisingly decent amount of light.

If you've snuggly barricaded yourself, and the zombies didn't see you go indoors, you're pretty safe from outside interference. Good time to put the kettle on IRL, make a cup of tea, or even read a book while waiting for your character to finish reading a skillbook.