Machinery/ Power tools

Davidson

wood working machinery/tools- table saw(higher quality furniture making), planer(better wood is good), drills/ nail guns(faster screwin n' nailin) 

I saw some Heavy duty lookin machines in mccoy, maybe if you load em' with logs and some how power em they auto saw planks? 

add a lathe so you can craft bats....  :-|

Hand loaders ( craft em bullets) 

maybe add machines so that they can only be used if you have certain requirements (skill,perk/trait,read a book)

thoughts?

aside from the noise this stuff would make and draw every zombie around for 5 miles or so, not sure if it would really fit in with the "spirit" of the game. it's about survival, not wood shop. and depending on the size of the generators to come, they may not be strong enough to power some industrial/commercial grade equipment.

please don't start on the bullet reloaders, that has been discussed to death in here.

aside from the noise this stuff would make and draw every zombie around for 5 miles or so, not sure if it would really fit in with the "spirit" of the game. it's about survival, not wood shop. and depending on the size of the generators to come, they may not be strong enough to power some industrial/commercial grade equipment.

please don't start on the bullet reloaders, that has been discussed to death in here.

-for larger sizes fortified bases would be useful, noise wouldn't be of concern in a place like mccoy fairly out of the way...

-i don't know if you have noticed this....but a good portion of this game IS in fact woodshop..

-just read some of the reloader stuff.....sorry bout that  :-|

I like the idea of a workbench, you know it contains your tools and you can just do all your work at it, manual sawing/screwing/hammering etc. I was gona create a mod for that.

As sfy says, some things are either a possibility, or a dead straight no. But if you want to be able to craft bullets have a look at my Resident Evil mod as I created just that, gunpowder + reloading tool to make ammo.

-for larger sizes fortified bases would be useful, noise wouldn't be of concern in a place like mccoy fairly out of the way...

-i don't know if you have noticed this....but a good portion of this game IS in fact woodshop..

-just read some of the reloader stuff.....sorry bout that  :-|

zombies are everywhere. just cause you don't see them, does not mean they are not close enough to hear heavy equipment starting. and with horde migration in the near future, who knows what could happen out there. what we play with now will not always be the same as what we play with in 5-10 builds.

but there is a bit of difference between chopping a tree for basic construction, and running a board thru a planing machine to make it purty. at least that's what my wood shop teacher told me WAY back when.

Woodworking/construction equipment such as lathes, drill presses and table/jig saws could be really, really useful for a large survivor base... Just soundproof the room (If we're talking the logging company, I'm certain alternating layers of sawdust and wood could be used to good effect), though heat and ventilation would likely be a problem.

As far as industrialising goes, we're probably talking about enough electrical power to run the building site for a typical house, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem either.

Hell, being able to mix cement (manually or with a cement mixer in a sound-dampening structure), would be pretty useful. Building, fortifying, even being able to make some concrete-on-a-stick style melee weapons could work.

It would sure be nice to have power tools available, but then again, the power will go out and I don't know if your generators can keep that up

Even if you can refill it (fuel-powered) that resource will run out as well, eventually...

It would sure be nice to have power tools available, but then again, the power will go out and I don't know if your generators can keep that up

Even if you can refill it (fuel-powered) that resource will run out as well, eventually...

Then you can start on biodiesel, manure digestion (to generate methane), waterwheels, and so on.

Had a show on TV fairly recently, a guy managed to run a standard petrol-fired generator off the gases generated when you 'roast' sheep manure in a sealed container over a fire. Didn't need to modify the generator at all, Just needed some filters to stop any potential solids from getting in the inner workings.

Once our characters get access to car batteries, there are numerous ways to create electricity and store it for later use. Not that it would be easy, or even safe during the zombie apocalypse, but, we all need our little projects to work on :P

I like the idea of a workbench, you know it contains your tools and you can just do all your work at it, manual sawing/screwing/hammering etc. I was gona create a mod for that.

As sfy says, some things are either a possibility, or a dead straight no. But if you want to be able to craft bullets have a look at my Resident Evil mod as I created just that, gunpowder + reloading tool to make ammo.

Now that I've heard it I love the idea of a workbench - somewhere you can put your saw, hammer, etc. Store it there and when you use the workbench it contains all the crafting options of the tools that you've put there (i.e. can saw logs at it if you've put a saw on it / create furniture items to be placed later if you have hammer, nails, etc. on it).