Zombie Variety

Nero

Hey

In sandbox mode you can change zombies to shamblers, fast shamblers and sprinters, you also have crawlers.  My suggestion is if all these were to be implemented into one game or have the choice to give a variety and "oh snap factor to it" to each of your runs

My other suggestion was

Add raging zombies (these might be rare, but similar to ones in "i am legend") where they are aggro, sprint and bust down doors and parkour over fences lol etc

Add thinking zombies (well not that smart).  Dumb down the ai of normal zombies, because at the moment they can parkour thorugh windows and fences lol and only allow this to maybe the thinking zombie type.  Allow these types to accidently open doors and stumble through open windows and over fences.

IDK, it just gives some variety per playthrough, i would like to know what you guys think

I like the zombies the way they are for the most part. And I don't think the devs are gonna be willing to change them much since they have a very specific idea for how the zombies are supposed to work.

I like the zombies the way they are for the most part. And I don't think the devs are gonna be willing to change them much since they have a very specific idea for how the zombies are supposed to work.

thats ok if you want it like that, im just suggestion maybe at least give us the optiont in the long run, spice up my runs lol

Other types of zombies are available through the Sandbox mode, most of the zombies you suggested clashes with the Zomboid zombie lore. Currently there is variety in zombies, in terms of agility; certian zombies are slowly and take longer to react while others will shamble towards you quite quickly.

If anything it would need to be a sandbox option. I'm not even sure unique AI for individual zombies is really feasible, since I'm thinking the same AI drives from a global set of options set at the beginning of a game.

'Special' zombies are already a confirmed no-no from the devs, but I can see what you're getting at.

As far as parkour zombies go, you clearly haven't bumped into a moderately sized horde with a large quantity of 'fresh' zombies in it. Even a handful of the fast shamblers (which often require you to sprint back a bit to charge up a melee attack) can be lethal. All the sprinting and swinging twigs off the exhausted moodle, and you're food before the rest of the group shows up.

A bit more variety in the zombie stats -might- be useful though, namely, having different zombies decaying at different rates. That would give a bit more variety to later game hordes I guess (remember, zombies get less mobile and stupider as time goes on - they rot). Once the new animations come in, and zombies stumble/fall through windows and over low fences, giving a handful of zombies the ability to sluggishly crawl over obstacles, not fall down as often, or be able to get back to their feet easier, would be pretty good.

In short, more variety in the zombies that make up the hordes, rather than any outstandingly different zombies.

'Special' zombies are already a confirmed no-no from the devs, but I can see what you're getting at.

As far as parkour zombies go, you clearly haven't bumped into a moderately sized horde with a large quantity of 'fresh' zombies in it. Even a handful of the fast shamblers (which often require you to sprint back a bit to charge up a melee attack) can be lethal. All the sprinting and swinging twigs off the exhausted moodle, and you're food before the rest of the group shows up.

A bit more variety in the zombie stats -might- be useful though, namely, having different zombies decaying at different rates. That would give a bit more variety to later game hordes I guess (remember, zombies get less mobile and stupider as time goes on - they rot). Once the new animations come in, and zombies stumble/fall through windows and over low fences, giving a handful of zombies the ability to sluggishly crawl over obstacles, not fall down as often, or be able to get back to their feet easier, would be pretty good.

In short, more variety in the zombies that make up the hordes, rather than any outstandingly different zombies.

yeah, i agree, im also hoping when npc bad guys (whenever npc is released) will help me spice up my games :)

Hey

In sandbox mode you can change zombies to shamblers, fast shamblers and sprinters, you also have crawlers.  My suggestion is if all these were to be implemented into one game or have the choice to give a variety and "oh snap factor to it" to each of your runs

My other suggestion was

Add raging zombies (these might be rare, but similar to ones in "i am legend") where they are aggro, sprint and bust down doors and parkour over fences lol etc

Add thinking zombies (well not that smart).  Dumb down the ai of normal zombies, because at the moment they can parkour thorugh windows and fences lol and only allow this to maybe the thinking zombie type.  Allow these types to accidently open doors and stumble through open windows and over fences.

IDK, it just gives some variety per playthrough, i would like to know what you guys think

For the raging zombie suggestion I doubt that'll be added, as the devs have said no to special zombie types. The idea of "smarter" zombies is interesting, though I would feel cheated if I've barricaded up my safehouse for one zed to come up and open the door and let his friends in.

Hey

My other suggestion was

For the raging zombie suggestion I doubt that'll be added, as the devs have said no to special zombie types. The idea of "smarter" zombies is interesting, though I would feel cheated if I've barricaded up my safehouse for one zed to come up and open the door and let his friends in.

lol yes, you've seen the 1st episodes of the walking dead where rick grimes meets this father and son whose mother has turned....she was curious and tried opening the door...freaked me out lol

I'm never been a fan of dumbing down AI. Ai is already naturally dumb in all games and will usually make mistakes and have patterns. As far as more options for zombie modification, I think everyone is up for that. Personally I want an option to empower zombies when the sun goes down.

I'm never been a fan of dumbing down AI. Ai is already naturally dumb in all games and will usually make mistakes and have patterns. As far as more options for zombie modification, I think everyone is up for that. Personally I want an option to empower zombies when the sun goes down.

yeah i know its not in the zomboid lore but this would be great sandbox settings and im sure server owners would love this aswell and i would love the "i am legend zombie" too on my sandbox playthroughs

There should be a variety of fast, normal, slow, strong, weak zombies.

It only makes sence. Some zombies have less serious injuries than others. Some have broken legs. Some are badly decayed and weaked or slowed.Things like that. Why should all zombies be the same? 

A zombie that died at the start of the infection and is badly decayed shouldn't be as strong and agile as a zombie that died recently.

Don't even try to call a variety of zombies "special infected" because it isn't. They don't have special powers or something.

It's a realistic variety.

There should be a variety of fast, normal, slow, strong, weak zombies.

It only makes sence. Some zombies have less serious injuries than others. Some have broken legs. Some are badly decayed and weaked or slowed.Things like that. Why should all zombies be the same? 

A zombie that died at the start of the infection and is badly decayed shouldn't be as strong and agile as a zombie that died recently.

Don't even try to call a variety of zombies "special infected" because it isn't. They don't have special powers or something.

this

Don't even try to claim "special infected" implies special powers, because it doesn't.

Special, by definition, is of a unique distinction or characteristic(s) - usually stronger and/or greater, or otherwise different from the usual.

It's a deviation from the generally accepted norm.  ;-)

(See what I did there?)

Don't even try to claim "special infected" implies special powers, because it doesn't.

Special, by definition, is of a unique distinction or characteristic(s) - usually stronger and/or greater, or otherwise different from the usual.

It's a deviation from the generally accepted norm.  ;-)

(See what I did there?)

D2dr6Z9.jpg

I think there should be a Omega Man/I Am Legend mode where zombies are as smart as they can currently get in sandbox mode (can open doors, etc) but they all hide inside houses at day and leave at night searching for noises indicating people.

Maybe give the zombies a badass KKK-like black robe.

Also hearing phones ringing if you go too long being depressed or bored would be awesome. Even The Walking Dead has that.

I would love tanks since i'm a fan for L4D but devs already said they weren't going to be making any "special infected". Though I wouldn't fret much, some one will probably make a mod of it sooner or later. I've been wanting to start modding things myself but first want the change to the sprites to finish since I don't think doing regular 2D sprites will work with the game anymore.

Edit: Did some research on modding and don't think it was ever possible to game in-game sprites model or add them so that sucks.

I can imagine Valve working with TIS and adding a ton of Karma Chargers that appear out of nowhere and immediately destroy you... or opening a bathroom door only to startle a witch and get insta-killed...

But we all know Valve doesn't make games anymore... they can't even count to 3. :3