Hello Indie Stone community,

My name is Paulo Borges and I'm also known as killerspry.
Me and some friends are trying to do a fully costumised server and I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask.

First off: Where do we place the sprites for new items we make?

Second: Is it possible to implement parts of our costumised map into the (default) map itself, just for our multiplayer server?

Basicly our idea is to create a new experience for all the Zomboid players, we want something that was never seen before and for that we are working really hard to achieve something that is both funny and entertaining for both new players and experienced players. We want to create something that everyone will have fun playing with and tell their friends to try it as well. We want players to experience a whole new Adventure.

Hope to hear from you all soon,
Regards: Paulo "killerspry" Borges

If you were to modify the map or add any sprites or customize anything really that'd involve anything the clients need, you'd have to distribute all the relevant files to everyone who wanted to use your server beforehand. That is, assuming there was a supported way to do any of this. And since modding support doesn't officially exist for MP, you probably won't get the answers you want.

Archived