Dreadwood

Pridelost

@AliceCooper: I don´t think that there is any problem with setting up a server with this map. It´s only a sign that this map rocks damn hard!

EDIT: And @Pridelost, I hope you build in some lakes soon so fishing is possible on this awesome map. I really love Dreadwood (clyde)

Having one hell of a time dealing with college finals while combating what is turning out to be bipolar disorder (ugh). Dreadwood has been getting little additions here and there with fixes to layering specifically. Just wanted to give a shout out that I'm still alive and (mostly) well and so is Dreadwood. Thank you everyone.

I can't figure out how to add this map on my mac. I have looked through all my folders and can't find the place so I thought it would easier to just ask. I'm excited to play it. 

Where is your Steam installed? You must find this path: Steam/Steamapps/Common/Project Zomboid/Media/Maps

Don´t know for sure because I never used a Mac but isn´t there a simple "Search"-function? So you could just search for Steamapps for example.

Thank you Dr. Cox, your advise helped me find it once I figured out what happened to Library in the 10.9 update on my Mac.

Here is the path for Mac users, I am currently running 10.9.2. 

Open finder, library is hidden under "Go" tab simply press "option" to see it. 

Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Project Zomboid (right click on icon and "Show package content)/contents/java/media/maps

Follow instruction for install and finding Dreadwood from ReadMe.txt 

I am currently standing in the first building in Dreadwood although my info/health/skills tab was blank so I am still trying to figure that out, it may be unrelated but feels a little more realistic not knowing my skills and info but health is essential. 

EDIT: I have info/health/skill again after deleting layout.ini in the save game project zomboid folder and clicking on the heart icon in game

Before contacting Pridelost personally I thought I should let someone else test it too (maybe is still a problem on my end).

I tried to use Dreadwood as the only map in MP (Build26) but I get an error. My detailed post can be found here, there are all the errors I get and my setup-steps.

Hopefully someone of you guys are eager to test this and share their results with me.

Hey guys. I can't seem to figure out how to actually find/play the map haha.. I've followed the text files instructions and overwritten the files in the Muldraugh, KY folder, but how do I get the map in the game? Can I get it on survival, or sandbox? Where is the town located?

I've started a few saves on survival in Muldraugh, KY, but when I take the road West of Spiffys, Dreadwoods nowhere to be found?!

Thanks!

Dreadwood seems to not work... I install it like any other map (Drag it into maps) But since i have installed bedford as well it seems to conflict and instead being called dreadwood it is called bedford without the image... I try to launch it but it gets stuck on loading. Please help, i love this map.

technically, they are in different areas of the map with Dreadwood being roughly north by northwest of muldraugh, and bedford southeast of muldraugh, so they don't occupy the same cells.

we may just have to wait for the Mega Map Mod to come out before we have both maps in addition to the vanilla map

• 3 weeks later...

technically, they are in different areas of the map with Dreadwood being roughly north by northwest of muldraugh, and bedford southeast of muldraugh, so they don't occupy the same cells.

dreadwood is down this road http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6790943116849754,0.17888720878089778,46.005119909369675

bedford is at the end of this road http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5395809109453535,0.33048307887151246,10.6993205379072

we may just have to wait for the Mega Map Mod to come out before we have both maps in addition to the vanilla map

Wait, why *can't* you have both?  I have both and they seem to be running just fine....

what happened to Pridelost?

we need him back in here

I guess he lost his pride, yea i have yet to play this map.Wont work for me game hangs at black screen after intro. Shame though, would love to set up at one of the prisons

How did you install the map? It works fine for me, even in MP.

I PM´ed Pridelost a couple of weeks back, no answer yet :cry:

what happened to Pridelost?

we need him back in here

I guess he lost his pride, yea i have yet to play this map.Wont work for me game hangs at black screen after intro. Shame though, would love to set up at one of the prisons

How did you install the map? It works fine for me, even in MP.

I PM´ed Pridelost a couple of weeks back, no answer yet :cry:

Well see im not sure if you would want this installed then Bedford or the other way around? but how i did it it was bedford falls, installed just like it says to and it works fine, i do the same that it askes for, in this. copy over some files, overwrite some of mull's map lots and thats it. Maybe you should tell me how you installed it then? Im pretty dam sure i thought i got this to work before. Well by work i mean, no hanging after the(how you died intro) but when i spawned, it was in a open field. There was nothing even close to me. On another note i dont like the fact you cant spawn in the city itself, and that you have to walk from Mull to Dread, unless im wrong about this?