Dreadwood

Pridelost

This map is absolutely brilliant  :o

I love the details of each building and area map.
For me it is the best map of the game, even higher Muldraugh/West Point

Thank you Ditoseadio, that means a lot to me. <3 Keep an eye out for 1.6 later today with...even more detail!

Fix the download link, not appears the 1.6 version yet, it's the 1.5 ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9qcue3i9bnckuw/Dreadwood1.6.zip

That's the second time that's happened to me. I assure you I'm following the correct procedures and it's the result of the (sentient) cloud. I'll re-upload it until it corrects it but I'm currently in class.

But I think I got it anyways. Let me know.

That's the second time that's happened to me. I assure you I'm following the correct procedures and it's the result of the (sentient) cloud. I'll re-upload it until it corrects it but I'm currently in class.

Not a dropbox problem
When editing the first post, unlink the download link and write the correct link.

Alright I'll do that from now on, thanks Dito. There's a building of 'old town' (brick building area) that you spawn in and is missing stairs. Sorry bout that. Also the boarded windows of the old hospital in the same area are just aesthetic for now. :(

Question OP -- would this map work in conjunction with Bedford Falls?  Would be awesome to throw it on a server with Bedford, West Point, Muldraugh and then now Dreadwood...awesome!

Cooper: yeah saw it

Cooper: but its jsut 1 town, if they merge it with the rest i will host it :)

Me: Ohh, so Bedford is a file that replaces everything but it still has West Point and Muldraugh on it

Me: This is just a total replacement

Me: I get it.

edit:  OP, can you merge this with the rest of the map?  You and Bedford Falls creator should work together.  I think the community is the most powerful force we have in this game.  Let the devs do the coding while we do the mapping, no?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l46dyykx8cna8tr/pz1.JPG

i believe this is the safest building Pride,, after testing all of them....

step1: gather planks and barricade all windows on the first floor

step 2: build walls in the second floor hall 

step 3: make a sheet rope, and place it in the 5th floor room window (any)

step4: survive 

:D

side note, all the buildings I made  in the Historical side of town "old town" are rain proof, and Ai friendly, thanks for liking the idea Pridelost of having the older side of town... one more thing, the ladder in the 5th floor doesnt lead to the roof, i dont know why, :(

and old abandoned hospital needs ladders inside too...

anyways good luck, ima do you one last set for old town,, im halfway through

edit: the balcony in the fith floor doesnt have a door

Question OP -- would this map work in conjunction with Bedford Falls?  Would be awesome to throw it on a server with Bedford, West Point, Muldraugh and then now Dreadwood...awesome!

Cooper: yeah saw it

Cooper: but its jsut 1 town, if they merge it with the rest i will host it :)

Me: Ohh, so Bedford is a file that replaces everything but it still has West Point and Muldraugh on it

Me: This is just a total replacement

Me: I get it.

edit:  OP, can you merge this with the rest of the map?  You and Bedford Falls creator should work together.  I think the community is the most powerful force we have in this game.  Let the devs do the coding while we do the mapping, no?

There are plans to have the all merged onto one map. I've never tested it in conjunction with any other map so  I don't expect it to work so well if at all. 

I think I added a readme.txt which explains the process. If not copy and paste the dreadwood folder into projectzomboid/media/maps along with Muldraugh and West Point. Then you can choose it from the Sandbox or Survival game mode along with the other two.

Also sorry Count Awesome, I updated it on Monday. I'll add dates. 

oh yeah, i went into that courtyard with 3 boxes of shotgun shells. ran out of ammo, had to run for my life when they just kept coming. i would go around a corner to see if any more were nearby, come back and their would be more zombies waiting for me.

Yeah man ive noticed zombies respawn; the good thing is that they spawn outside buildings.

Il be gone for.good 6-8 months, hope that when i come back alot of stuff is added to PZ in general including Dreadwood to the original map. Guys take care and have fun with this jewel of a game.

Dont get bitten

man, every time i get set up in a decent safe house on my twitch stream save game, you release another version.

so hard to "let" another character die to get the latest and greatest version

I've been mentioning I'm releasing updates on Mondays now. Originally I was just excited to get the latest build of the map to you guys but I'll make you wait a week. ;]

Pride i tested the multiplayer on your server, and it did work, except no zombies appeared and no loot, got the same problem as you.

I have the same thing when trying it out on a server. I assume it's not available for multiplayer yet then?? I can spawn there fine, but no loot or zombies.

Thank you Okeer, bug reports are always appreciated since I've had little time to play games. 

I've been messing around with how I'm going to do Dreadwood on multiplayer. Like Bedford Falls it'll need to be apart of the main map at this point. I've discovered how to go about this but its literally like playing the slider puzzle game getting all the cells in the right spot, apparently I messed up renaming them. I'm thinking of putting Dreadwood west of the Spiffo's at the midway mark between Muldraugh and West Point. What do you guys think? It'll fit, I already made sure of that. 

Aside from some bugs, which I am sure have been reported... (I have only travelled a little bit so far)... I wanted to see the bunker, but to my shock and horror, it's gone?!?! :cry:

I tried to find the answer in this topic, but can't seem to find it (or I am reading over it, in that case, I apologize)...

So, how come the bunker isn't there?

hahaha, you evil little shit ;) ;) ;)

But fair enough. I did think it was pretty close to town, I just figured: bonus! xD

Oh... the 'walk-in closet' in the mansion has no roof btw... lol... I was wondering why I was getting "drenched" standing inside the mansion :P