Dreadwood

Pridelost

Pridelost Member Since 25 Feb 2014

OFFLINE Last Active Jul 02 2015 10:06 PM

I wonder whats going on... :/

The maps dead, what's there to wonder?

;) read again .

The map author's last post was in June... That was over four months ago.

Reading is an important first step but does not replace critical thinking skills.

*sigh* i'm talkin' 'bout I wonder what is going on with Pridelost...  ;)

But Does the Map work?

TCO

Yup it sure does, I still use it and haven't run into any issues, its a nice addition to the map especially if you have all the other downloadable maps added as well :)

That's excellent to hear, although I cannot get it to show up in the Mod section. I've tried to move it everywhere, C: Zombiod/Mods and in the Steam Folder.... No Luck...

TCO

You have to manually install most custom maps (well now you don't have to as much but older maps you do) here installation instructions.

• First go here in C drive C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps
  • Open the "Muldraugh, KY" folder
  • Extract the whole Dreadwood1.7.rar into the Muldraugh, KY folder and press yes to any overwriting. 
  • ???????
  • PROFIT!

You cant spawn directly into Dreadwood however, you must trek there, id suggest spawning in West Point and gather enough supplies or a day or two trip to get there. 

You have to manually install most custom maps (well now you don't have to as much but older maps you do) here installation instructions.

• First go here in C drive C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps
  • Open the "Muldraugh, KY" folder
  • Extract the whole Dreadwood1.7.rar into the Muldraugh, KY folder and press yes to any overwriting. 
  • ???????
  • PROFIT!

You cant spawn directly into Dreadwood however, you must trek there, id suggest spawning in West Point and gather enough supplies or a day or two trip to get there. 

I appreciate the Help tremendously. I can build a computer from scratch, although modding files is quite the new to me. Should you do this for most of the New Maps that Have been added?

TCO

recently updated maps no, honestly it depends on that the installation instructions say on there thread, Dreadwood is kinda an exception being its over a year old and dosnt even have spawn point locations which saves a step of the manual installation process. id download any other maps from the workshop, I'm pretty sure that all custom maps that are integrated with the main map are all on there as of now. phoenix just got updated to be included on the main map as well.

recently updated maps no, honestly it depends on that the installation instructions say on there thread, Dreadwood is kinda an exception being its over a year old and dosnt even have spawn point locations which saves a step of the manual installation process. id download any other maps from the workshop, I'm pretty sure that all custom maps that are integrated with the main map are all on there as of now. phoenix just got updated to be included on the main map as well.

Can you elaborate what you mean? I noticed that I played a game yesterday where I had the mods checked and installed (TWD Prison) Started in Muldragh and made my way up the street to find the prison wasn't there :huh:  But when I started the next game I wanted to try something different. Acted like I was going to start at the Prison, then It gave me the option of my spawn point (Muldragh, KY, or TWD Prison)

Kind of left me wondering if you have to choose to spawn at certain locations for them to actually be part of the Main Map..

TCO

Can you elaborate what you mean? I noticed that I played a game yesterday where I had the mods checked and installed (TWD Prison) Started in Muldragh and made my way up the street to find the prison wasn't there :huh:  But when I started the next game I wanted to try something different. Acted like I was going to start at the Prison, then It gave me the option of my spawn point (Muldragh, KY, or TWD Prison)

Kind of left me wondering if you have to choose to spawn at certain locations for them to actually be part of the Main Map..

TCO

No you shouldn't have to choose a location a a spawn to make them a part of the main map, and with phoenix I was saying it had gotten updated a week or two ago to be integrated into the main game play map, along with muldraugh and westpoint. its south east from muldraugh. but anyways did you add TWD prison in using the workshop subscription? and after you subscribed you restarted your pz game correct? that can cause issues if your playing pz and are browsing the workshop through the game using the workshop link on the main screen on the left, if you use that you gotta always re-open the game. and did you start a new character after adding it (it sounds like you said you did the first time but I'm just making sure)

No you shouldn't have to choose a location a a spawn to make them a part of the main map, and with phoenix I was saying it had gotten updated a week or two ago to be integrated into the main game play map, along with muldraugh and westpoint. its south east from muldraugh. but anyways did you add TWD prison in using the workshop subscription? and after you subscribed you restarted your pz game correct? that can cause issues if your playing pz and are browsing the workshop through the game using the workshop link on the main screen on the left, if you use that you gotta always re-open the game. and did you start a new character after adding it (it sounds like you said you did the first time but I'm just making sure)

Yes I it was a new character. I don't recall if I had restarted it after subbing to the Prison. I have put about 20hours in the past couple days. I will report back after getting out of KY. Currently Trying to see if I can outlast a bite from a Zed on the Chest.

TCO

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow survivors. Sorry to bump this without really anything to show for the time I've been absent but I just wanted to say I'm still here. Got a great heap of adult stuff to deal with that's been weighing pretty heavy on me. It's been awhile since I've worked on the updated Dreadwood but I still have all the work waiting for my return. I hope to get back into a good groove and continue working on this project, but yeah things kind of suck right now. Until than thanks everyone, i'll give an update when I figure it out more. 

• 2 months later...

hey there @Pridelost, just wondering, i am wanting to get into making a map based off of a town i made for a World of Darkness campaign, but i kind of need to make new vegetation lists and new tiles and a bunch of stuff... do you have any advice or anything else that i could use to get started (this is going to be a relatively big map with some very dense and interesting locations, and i am planning to use stairs (hills) and walls (cliffs) to make the lavacones the place is built on seem more realistic and 3D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello survivors, wanted to reassure everyone I'm back at work on the new version of Dreadwood.

I know I've posted many progress updates in the past but this project is much bigger in comparison. To be constantly posting screens of the map isn't very productive as everything is constantly changing for the better. On top of that the maps size is now up to 64 cells (8x8 square) and I've plans for every last one of them to ensure each location is interesting and varied.

As for now my focus has been on flushing out all of the many roads and building the larger buildings I have planned. I've done my best to stay up to date on creative mode but I'm still not sure how much of an aid it will be creating all the residential homes I'm hoping it can. By far furnishing buildings is the most time consuming which is why I'd like to get my hands on creative before wasting any more time. 

Otherwise I hope to get this map done and on the steam workshop this summer.

Here's a small mall I've been working on. 

6xrvbb.jpg

hey there @Pridelost, just wondering, i am wanting to get into making a map based off of a town i made for a World of Darkness campaign, but i kind of need to make new vegetation lists and new tiles and a bunch of stuff... do you have any advice or anything else that i could use to get started (this is going to be a relatively big map with some very dense and interesting locations, and i am planning to use stairs (hills) and walls (cliffs) to make the lavacones the place is built on seem more realistic and 3D

I've only worked with the vanilla tiles so any advice I give is just speculation. Anyways you'll have to arrange them on sprite sheets, make sure they're in the directories the editors look for the sprites in. Than in BuildingEd enter the Building Tiles screen (double click anything in Tiles and Furniture tab) to add your sprites into the game. I'm positive there's more to it as I've never done it.

Best advice I can give you though it to stay away from attempting any type of elevation. As the engine is for Zomboid it'll only be clunky and awkward. If I remember correctly elevation has been being discussed lately, weather or not it's to be added I cant confirm, but I'd suggest waiting if it is to be. 

Sorry to hear about all the difficulties with the original Dreadwood. The project ran into difficulties in the past which is the reason I've been making a better one. As it stands I'm not going to put the original on the Steam workshop as it's out of date. Maybe it'd be for the best if I just removed it but I'd rather just take the time to add more to the new map. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...