Dreadwood

Pridelost

Wicked. These small houses are G-R-E-A-T. Like frosted flakes. Only problem is you posted the first one twice.

Anyways we're so close to being done I'm not really keeping up with the completed buildings list. It looks amazing guys I cant wait to share it with the world. I counted the placed buildings in WorldEd and we have 83 placed buildings so far. 

Okay were almost ready for our first release. I'm making sure every house has light switches (yeah, it was a problem) and finding the last few invisible walls and such. I've also expanded the map out into a 3x3 to start making our way towards buildings out of town. Oh and also room definitions for loot and eventually NPC's but that's in tandem with the lights. 

Things in Dreadwood are pretty much set to go with the exception of spawn points. It's really bugging me to make something like this and just start in the middle of nowhere. 

Did you make sure to make the spawn points of the professions?, i'm sure there are options somewhere in there for it.

Yes I have spawn points for 'all' and each profession individually. When I add the spawn point code to the game's it gets hung up after 'this is how you died'. I've tried replacing Muldraugh, adding Dreadwood alongside the two, and just plainly in last stand mode. At least in Last Stand it starts you not too far north of town, maybe just a Spiffo's green arrow and a camp site to start off haha.

Hey Pride, ive already contacted Texas to let him know, but a lot of the buildings have faults with items being placed on incorrect layers (grass on the floor layer which means there's no floor underneath it, walls on floor layers etc), also most buildings are not using the correct room definitions, he's going back through all of his buildings now to fix the issues, I havnt seen your buildings in building ed yet, but you might want to give them a check.

Give me a PM if you need help with anything.

<3

Oh man now I feel like an idiot. I didn't see those as layers, thought they were categories f some sort but never really explored it. As for the loot definitions I went through all the buildings we made and gave them the ones off the compiled list you made. Sure there's some stuff incorrectly placed but were finding it. If anyone wants to compile a list of bugs they find and send it to me It wouldn't go unappreciated. Thanks Ringo, I appreciate the feedback.

Yeah the room definitions need to be in the "internal name" box for them to work, most of Texas' buildings still had internal names of "room 1" "room 2" etc, so double check you've used the room defs in the internal name box, otherwise they will just spawn generic loot and wont work with NPC's in the future.

interesting map. i am currently walking around in a building surrounded by a yellow/orange wall, seems to be a mansion. there are a lot of walk thru walls and windows in this building, but not a single weapon.....not even a kitchen knife (loot setting on normal) EDIT: just found the armory at the white prison, weapons a'plenty

lol, gotten so used to Blindcoders map i have no clue where i am or where to go on this map

yes that is a work in progress building. It's hard to tell in game but that mansion is just outside of the main square of Dreadwood. Thank you for the comment though, if you find another orange building south of the church and graveyard that's the mall. You'll find goodies aplenty there!

OK here some screen game play

5* fun :D

after having a herd behind me,, I ran into the County Jail to hide, i broke the window and ran towards the county jail guards break room..

11_zpsa09cacf4.jpg

I thought I was safe, but didnt realize the County jail guards break room had a back door!!!!! lol this is what followed me

33_zps93f9cb60.jpg

22_zps7f472880.jpg

next thing you know, i start hearing them breaking in doors,,, they blitz towards me, lucky i had a 9mm, so i started shooting (not a good idea in insane)

44_zps022f9947.jpg

i couldnt get myself off the roof, so i had to quit the game,,,, panic overwhelmed me

66_zps1fb5d4c5.jpg

edit: the jail hallway doors going north east, have no collision..

noticed that on the building just to the west of the jail, the one with all the vending machines and the steeply slanted roof, if you try to enter the back of the building from the east door there is a crate blocking the way.

Actually, some buildings have blocked entrances because the rewards insides are sweet. Better find a sledgehammer or build something quick. Updated to 1.2 with more bug fixes and additions. If you ever manage to get in there you'll notice that a stack of crates had been knocked over. 

um, i did get in, but nothing had fallen over. just a "few" neatly stacked crates.

wish i could find a damn axe. i think i know of a brown house with naskos name on it seems to have a few potential goodies, just can't get in with a sledge hammer. better learn how to build. except i can't find an axe.................lol

when was this updated to 1.2? i just downloaded 4 hours ago

My paint rules in TileZed had to be updated and resulted in correcting and removing some tiles. I have to go to sleep for right now but I'll fix it first thing in the morning. Well it is morning, but when I get up. Thank you for playing sfy, I feel like because I know them map I end up clearing it in a matter of moments :mad: