No reading when in dark

Kurruk

Damn you, all my character does in the dark is wait for the sun to come up and read a book but you are so damn right that I have to take that simple pleasure away from them now, are you happy with yourself?

Best idea. 

That's what I've been doing as well up to a point where I was reading book IRL and noticed that small thing like that may introduce some better RP into the game ;-)

If you have a flashlight in your primary or secondary inventory, then you should be able to continue reading. Or by a campfire.

Or with the light on in a pre-power off state, if you want to invite all Zeke in the neighbourhood over for dinner. 

That's essentially my idea - if you want to continue reading when it gets dark you have to have some source of light, but that on the other hand is potential invite for zombies.

Without risk there's not reward ;-)

well i guess you would have to compensate with books being slightly shorter i guess.  i mean you dont really want to spend most of your time reading in the morning, you want to do more productive things like scavenge, crafting etc.

i like the idea but part of my playthrough (mostly online, which i guess dosnt require sleep) i would read books at night, because it would its too dangerous to do anything else

i like it, just needs to shorten books i guess idk....

I don't think book reading requires shortening - it's aimed to be read in your spare time as mentioned by dev at one stage.

As I already mentioned - you can still read it at night, but you have to use some sort of light source, be it bulb (if there's still power), candle, campfire, light stand (recently added), but you are risking revealing your location to zeds (or bandit NPC's once they're added).

well i guess you would have to compensate with books being slightly shorter i guess.  i mean you dont really want to spend most of your time reading in the morning, you want to do more productive things like scavenge, crafting etc.

i like the idea but part of my playthrough (mostly online, which i guess dosnt require sleep) i would read books at night, because it would its too dangerous to do anything else

i like it, just needs to shorten books i guess idk....

There is no need for shortend the time a book required to be read. Just add sheets to the windows and/ or barricade them -> no light get out of the room. In addition reading a book takes only a half respectively three-quarters a day.

I like the idea because items like candels have a better usage (never used them before) . I'm just going out at daytime, because in the dark I'll shit my pants :D

Beautiful. 

Best comment :D