Relatively Secure Windows Game

Sammy The Salmon

I recently noticed this game and have played a little.  It is soooooo much like PZ but worse.  Just thought I would let you guys know of a more simple version of PZ that may run on crappy school/work computers.  It is free and I do not even think that it will rival the great PZ. :D

Here is the MODDB download link: http://moddb.com/games/relatively-secure

I downloaded it, runs worse than PZ for me. :P 

It also blatantly copied the scratching sound from PZ. I don't see anything different other than eating items, apples take a good few bites so you can moderate your hunger a little better. Although I didn't play for more than five minutes so I didn't get a feel for the game.

I probably won't play it again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heya! Though this thread is a bit old I thought a response would be nice.

I'm the dev of RelSec. I've played Project Zomboid since around when the first free to download tech demo was released, and since then I've been loosely following it and playing it at times. My game is clearly influenced by PZ, which I readily admit all the time. I have no desire to compete, since PZ is obviously the better game with many years of development into it.

My game is simply a project for myself to teach myself more about game development. I've always loved zombie games, I've always wanted to make one, and so I have, using a ton of concepts from Zomboid. It's not supposed to look really good, it may not run very well, but it's just a learning experience of mine and I had decided to share it with people.

I have done a lot of things to distance the game from PZ, though admittedly I should do more, and I certainly will. It's very, very heavily a work in progress so I'm constantly changing it and following PZ so closely is sort of a placeholder for however I want to lead the game in the future once I decide what I want it to become.

In any case, thanks for playing the game and for sharing it here! If you have any questions or ideas of how I can make the game more different from PZ, let me know and I'll gladly consider anything!

Oh yeah, and the scratching sound is from freesound.org where the PZ dev got the sound from as well. A couple other sounds are the same too, but most of the sounds are still placeholders anyway.

In my opinion the game is pretty fun and I hope you continue development.