changing starting spawn point and server variables

psykikk

I was hosting a linux server and played with a friend to test things out (and get him hooked to buy PZ)

technically it worked well but the zombies were too much for him to survive the first minutes..

also: spawn points seemed to vary .

he once spawned in the same spot three times in a row and it was already crowded with zombies.

(the small house with large wooden fence

but when I spawned I was at the trailer park.

I had to reset the server because he kept logging in (with new toon)  and kept dying instantly.

we then decided to play with a local server hosted on my pc...which didn´t give so much as a single problem.

also: does changing the sandboxsettings file do anything in the linx server version ? 

can seomeone comment on that ? 

thx in advance 

If you want to change the spawn point to a specific location, you have to edit the server options. Go to your user folder on your PC or whatever system you are on. Then, inside your user folder you can scroll down to see a "Zomboid" folder. Go in there and open the folder called "Server" (Something like that.).

Inside that folder you will find a file called "serverOptions.ini". Open it with any text editor you like, and find "SpawnPoint 0,0,0" If they are zeroes, it means the server spawn is random. To change this, you will need to put in coordinates for the location you'd like.

Here is a link to the map: "http://pzmap.crash-override.net/". Open this link and you will see the amazing map of Project Zomboid.

Look around the map and find a spawn location you want everyone on your server to spawn in. If you move the mouse cursor to a place you want to have as a spawn location, the coordinates for that place will be in a white box to your left. There are only two numbers, but that doesn't matter.

Copy those numbers except for the "x" and paste them in your "serverOptions.ini" file. The first number goes in the first zero, and the second goes in the second zero. Don't change the last zero, leave it there. Save the file and start your server.

Good luck with the server!

Just wanted to add a little info.

You can set the 3rd coord if you want to spawn on a higher floor.

0 = ground floor.

1 = 2nd floor.

2 = 3rd floor etc...

Example:

SpawnPoint=10746,9413,1

These coordinates will make you spawn upstairs in the bedroom of Kate and Baldspots safehouse.

Here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5397779222221524,0.1904642797536318,393.68421052631584