Fire extinguisher

VASH581

Hello PZ community!

Have enough with those nasty fire that burn down everything just because we forget to turn off ovens? That's why we need this "weapon"...

Fire extinguisher

A common fire protection device that can be found in stores, schools and hotels. Pretty useful in wipping out fire......and zombies!

This weapon have two states: full and empty.

Fire extinguisher (full)

Once equipped as primary, we can just aim it like a gun, click and hold to discharge agents. The content left will be shown as it's durability. The agents released can, of course, putting out fire or create smog to block enemys' vision when you're in trouble. However, it will make some noise, deals no damage and can't be refilled.

Fire extinguisher (empty)

Once depleted, the empty vessel can be swang like a blunt weapon. We can either smash zombie skulls or ram the doors open just like a sledgehammer. It does have limit durability and short reach though.

(Noted that we can't swing an extinguisher without depleting it. Part of it because it's hard to code and part of it because in real life, we may mess up the formula inside and cause it explode...)

What do you think?

This is one of those suggestions that seems so obvious that it must have been suggested dozens of times before. However, I can't find a single other thread about it - so great job!

I think fire extinguishers are a great concept, they're something that can be found in almost every commercial building and would have a practical in-game use. As a weapon , I think they should be very poor though, and cause exhaustion very quickly as a result of their weight and awkward size.

First of all, excellent idea !

since extinguishers should be common to find, I give it a thumbs up.

slow ass swing time and bad aiming though when used as a weapon...

Swinging a fire extinguisher would be quite bothersome - the only good grip is well beyond the centre of mass, making either for a weak swing or an injured wrist. Throwing one, however, is quite easy (am I the only one with an image of "Hulk smash !" in mind ?), especially if both hands are employed. Throw it at the legs and it has enough momentum to trip a person; throw it at a head and it may be just heavy enough to crack a zombie skull or two...

Fantastic idea! I've had a few cases in MP where my friend was happily cooking a dead rat one moment then we were fleeing for our lives from a towering inferno the next; a fire extinguisher would be a greatly appreciated tool. I'm very surprised nothing like that exists in game at the moment. Not sure how I feel about it being used as a weapons (I feel it should really only be a utility), but that's just my point of view. Nonetheless, a great idea that I hope gets ingame.

This would be great, especially if you could shoot a dropped extinguisher and have it explode.

This is a more unlikely scenario

Well, yes, considering that dropped items aren't interactive - I was just saying it would be fun. More possible would be the result of putting a fire extinguisher in an oven. I've been trying to come up with a way of trapping a horde in the game by luring them into a house and then having the house catch on fire. Propane tank in the oven? Gasoline can? 

This would be great, especially if you could shoot a dropped extinguisher and have it explode.

This is a more unlikely scenario

Well, yes, considering that dropped items aren't interactive - I was just saying it would be fun. More possible would be the result of putting a fire extinguisher in an oven. I've been trying to come up with a way of trapping a horde in the game by luring them into a house and then having the house catch on fire. Propane tank in the oven? Gasoline can? 

You'll need a big oven bro...