FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.13

lemmy101

The zombie density is ridiculously high again.

Even on zombie pop. on low I couldn't get all zombies off my lawn since they respawn just when I go into the house or walk around it.

I constantly have around 10-30 zeds walking around my place or hordes migrating left and right.

Even on zombie pop. on low I couldn't get all zombies off my lawn since they respawn just when I go into the house or walk around it.

I constantly have around 10-30 zeds walking around my place or hordes migrating left and right.

going to try this build, but I hate this, we really need a way to control zombie number in our games

going to try this build, but I hate this, we really need a way to control zombie number in our games

You can if you play it on sandbox rather than survival :)

Why the heck does the rain penetrate my two story safehouse? And can someone tell me how these water barrels work?

doesn't take a genius.. you need 4 planks 4 nails and a hammer, craft the rain water barrel and place it outside wherever you wish, ideally in open space for the rain to go into the barrel. 

Then you wait till it rains, and ta-dah you get water supply, you can fill your water bottle and drink from it directly.

on .13 I had a crawler appear from a zombie I had previously assumed dead which seemed invincible.  Nothing I could do with a perfectly decent bat seemed capable of hitting it.

I think it's gonna hard at the beggining to know how to hit them, but in fact, it's pretty simple, they are crawlers, they slowly turn, just walk around them and hit them with a charged attack, try to always be on their back and you won't be bited at all :D

Hehe - yeah, I had successfully hit them in the head repeatedly before :)  This was weird, I was walking past a group that I taken down the day before.  One of the thought to be corpses suddenly turned into a crawler (which yeah, I'd seen before - just odd that it seemed to "wait" so long after combat).  Maybe I was just a really, really bad shot over and over again - but I wasn't even getting a hit sound effect, it could chomp me - I could not hit it.  Fled for the house, bandaged up, next day could not find said zombie.

Again - bug or bad aim I can't really tell.  I'll keep an eye out.

you looked at the changelog for 14? :P

you looked at the changelog for 14? :P

I feel a bit ashamed now. :lol:

During my last game I found a small bug, not really a big problem, but I wanted to explain it in case you are not aware of that already.

I was trying to dig in the ground, but the ghost image that normally shows dug dirt was replaced by a wooden crate  :shock: ... I found out that if you press ''r'' one time or 2, it just disappears/comeback ... well I took a screenshot but I cant find how to post it  :unsure:

Anyway Hope it helps you a bit !

Glad to see, that PZ is getting better and better, congratulations Lemmy :)

Seems like, the Zeds can glitch through windows (unbroken&sheeted) and some walls in this testversion. Never seen it before in the stable build.

Also, the Zombies aren't responding very well for alarms now. Is this intended?

I personally think the spawn rate for skill books is way too high, the first 3 houses i went into all contained atleast 2+ skill books the most being this house

ghsUHRk.jpg

and it had another two books in other shelfs,

It might have just been that i was lucky though

Glad to see, that PZ is getting better and better, congratulations Lemmy :)

Seems like, the Zeds can glitch through windows (unbroken&sheeted) and some walls in this testversion. Never seen it before in the stable build.

I'm doin NPCS, I had like practically nothing to do with this update until the run up to release a couple of days ago, congrats to everyone else. :P

thanks tho!

Hi, I was trying the build 13 especially the last stand 2. 

The "O" key for spending money doesn't seem to work for me. 

here's the thing it says in the console area. 

attempted index: reloadButtons of non-table: nullStack:onKeyPressed

Stack:reloadButtons

this repeats forever when I try the o key. 

Thank you for the awesome game !

Minor balance notes:

Big hiking bags seem just a bit too common.   I had 3 after a week.     Normal hiking bags seem quite rare but maybe that's just luck.  Only seen one.

Skill books seem a bit too common.   I am one book short of the entire cooking set,   have two of the carpentry set,   and over half of the farming set after two weeks.  Maybe that's intended.  

Did not run into many problems today while playing, I really enjoyed my experience today and was freaked when I thought I took a Zombie down only to see it flip over and scratch my leg.

I did notice some bad slowdown/drop in frames at certain points while moving across the map and saw the occasional zombie walking through walls/corners of houses. 

Other issues were also observed but RobertJ was there pointing on that they were known issues.