protection from clothing IRL

pap22

one common theme in every zombie game(including project zomboid) is that zombies can bite through literal fabric which is extremely unrealistic 

no human being on earth can bite through clothing at such force and speed that zombies can, therefore the possibility of them biting through multiple layers of clothing should be 0%

but by implementing this in the game the danger zeds possess will be near zero so I can guess why they haven't done this yet  

but isn't PZ supposed so be THE MOST REALISTIC ZOMBIE GAME ? 

3 hours ago, Hugo Qwerty said:

Zombies aren't real, therefore the devs should remove them to make the game more realistic.

I was just pointing out this fact in the zombie genre not asking the devs to add it to the game

appreciate the sarcasm though

Depends on the material in question and where they bite you.

Humans can't bite nearly as hard as many animals, but still plenty hard. Digits can be severed. Especially considering a zombie would have no care about pain or injury they may cause themselves. But the crushing damage could cause bad injuries to you even if the material isn't broken through. In which case you're still injured, but hopefully avoid fluid transfer. Skin and muscle can heal, but hand and foot bones as well as tendons and ligaments can be damaged, even permanently, by human bites. Additionally, bites from normal healthy people can get horribly infected.

Also, are the zombies just biting? Or do they operate with enough instinct to apply shearing forces and shake and really grind those teeth in? Who knows.

Even assuming it was that simple (it's not) strict adherence to realism, I imagine, doesn't always translate well into a fun gaming experience.

Its obvious that a human can't bite through leather for example. But if you can't be bitten, whats the challenge?

The devs have to make a challenging and fun game. The player must be tense all the time, that's the idea.

Archived